PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seeding Play

I really enjoy watching this Celtics team. Great group of high character guys who push each other. And nice to see so many of them give a gimpy Hayward so much credit for last night's win.

I was glad to hear the announcers mention what I e been saying all along.......force Duncan Robinson to defend.

I also think Dragic is hurting ... he’s taking a beating and they can’t win without him

you have to admire how much dragic and Robinson stick their faces into their defense, but that’s not going to work out well for them in the end......dragic took many head shots yesterday and they were mostly because where he put his face

Last edited:
I was glad to hear the announcers mention what I e been saying all along.......force Duncan Robinson to defend.

I also think Dragic is hurting ... he’s taking a beating and they can’t win without him

you have to admire how much dragic and Robinson stick their faces into their defense, but that’s not going to work out well for them in the end......dragic took many head shots yesterday and they were mostly because where he put his face
Duncan, Herro & Dragic. Attack all of them on D.

Nope. Heat went into it 5:30 and the Celtics went in with 44 seconds left. Same story different game.

Like f-ing clockwork. Its worth paying attention to that. It is the NBA's biggest weapon.
Man, you gotta stop the conspiracy theory stuff, it’s just wacky

Man, you gotta stop the conspiracy theory stuff, it’s just wacky

It isn't conspiracy stuff its fact. Explain this. How come, almost like clockwork the team that is down say, 10 or more especially in the 4th quarter, always seems to be in the bonus first, and much earlier than the other team gets to if at all?

How about you stop being blinded to what is going on right in front of your eyes. It makes you seem like a lemming.

How about you stop being blinded to what is going on right in front of your eyes. It makes you seem like a lemming.
Man, that is exactly what conspiracy theory nut jobs always say. I’m not saying you’re a nut job, but that’s the language that’s used.

Man, that is exactly what conspiracy theory nut jobs always say. I’m not saying you’re a nut job, but that’s the language that’s used.

Still, I see you haven't explained how like clockwork a team that is down always, or most always is in the bonus faster than the team thats winning? Why is that?

Still, I see you haven't explained how like clockwork a team that is down always, or most always is in the bonus faster than the team thats winning? Why is that?
you might be right. nothing would surprise me. but the Celtics are still struggling to close games.

you might be right. nothing would surprise me. but the Celtics are still struggling to close games.

Of course I am right. Again, anyone who has head the phrase "You know the league will do what it can to prolong the series" with some knowing glances between the hosts tells you the games in the end aren't fully legitimate. Meaning, lets say a team is up 2-0 in a series. The league puts the other team in the bonus early, they come back and win and that changes the whole series.

What you watch in basketball is a combination of skills and ability along with NBA meddling to achieve a desired result. Once you meddle even once, it basically invalidates whatever is accomplished. I posit that the Celtics, and all NE teams have an extreme bias against them. I have seen it point blank and numerous instances of this being proven true. It is only by the sheer will of the teams have they won so much which is incredible and why it doesn't happen elsewhere.

Actually put it this way. Once the playoffs start take the TV money and all that out of it. Concessions and all that. Say all profits from TV or concessions all go to charity. Ticket sales etc. Once the playoffs start, a set amount of money is paid for the entire postseason and teams make ZERO off of anything other than off site merchandise sales.

Watch how many 4-0 series there are. I bet, that would be the norm.

Of course I am right. Again, anyone who has head the phrase "You know the league will do what it can to prolong the series" with some knowing glances between the hosts tells you the games in the end aren't fully legitimate. Meaning, lets say a team is up 2-0 in a series. The league puts the other team in the bonus early, they come back and win and that changes the whole series.

What you watch in basketball is a combination of skills and ability along with NBA meddling to achieve a desired result. Once you meddle even once, it basically invalidates whatever is accomplished. I posit that the Celtics, and all NE teams have an extreme bias against them. I have seen it point blank and numerous instances of this being proven true. It is only by the sheer will of the teams have they won so much which is incredible and why it doesn't happen elsewhere.
you MIGHT be right. the celtics still struggle to the extreme to close out games. they still throw passes at each other's ankles. they turn the ball over and run the shot clock down and take fall aways. if they eliminated those f ups. they would win games in spite of your theory

Last edited:
you MIGHT be right. the celtics still struggle to the extreme to close out games. they still throw passes at each other's ankles. they turn the ball over and run the shot clock down and take fall aways. if they eliminated those f ups. they would win games in spite of your theory

Maybe those are symptoms of foul trouble and knowing EVERY foul is a shooting foul. IE charges or reach ins etc. I can't even imagine how much it bleeps with you when you look up and AGAIN they are in the bonus with 6-7 minutes left in the 4th.

Maybe those are symptoms of foul trouble and knowing EVERY foul is a shooting foul. IE charges or reach ins etc. I can't even imagine how much it bleeps with you when you look up and AGAIN they are in the bonus with 6-7 minutes left in the 4th.
it didn't seem to bother them in the first 6 games of the playoffs.

it didn't seem to bother them in the first 6 games of the playoffs.

It got them in the Raptors series. Thats why it went 7. I think it gets worse the further on you go in the rounds and thats all about money. Money over actual no bleep honest and fair competition. Thats what it is all about in just about anything. Money.

It got them in the Raptors series. Thats why it went 7. I think it gets worse the further on you go in the rounds and thats all about money. Money over actual no bleep honest and fair competition. Thats what it is all about in just about anything. Money.
it went 7 because they left a shooter wide open with .5 seconds left. and then they started ****ting and pissing their pants in the last 5 minutes of games.

Last edited:
it went 7 because they left a shooter wide open with .5 seconds left. and then they started ****ting and pissing their pants in the last 5 minutes of the game.

Again, see what you are doing? Blaming the players, which admittedly are part of the problem no doubt. "They should be good enough to overcome the refs anyways" is a flawed statement. It insinuates the refs are doing shady stuff in the first place, but that glosses right over that aspect of it.

Again, they have indoctrinated most everyone to NEVER question the officials. It is just easier to put all the blame on the players.

Again, see what you are doing? Blaming the players, which admittedly are part of the problem no doubt. "They should be good enough to overcome the refs anyways" is a flawed statement. It insinuates the refs are doing shady stuff in the first place, but that glosses right over that aspect of it.

Again, they have indoctrinated most everyone to NEVER question the officials. It is just easier to put all the blame on the players.
i question officials sometimes. and most people ***** about the officials all the time. saying the team should be able to overcome bad officiating isn't flawed. the refs screw up all the time. it's part of the game. i don't understand what you want people to do about it other than not watching?

i question officials sometimes. and most people ***** about the officials all the time. saying the team should be able to overcome bad officiating isn't flawed. the refs screw up all the time. it's part of the game. i don't understand what you want people to do about it other than not watching?

I want some reporters to do their damn jobs. Do some real investigative ****. Want to know a response I got from a poster from a website who is now an NBA writer? The response was "Why don't you become a writer and investigate all that stuff. I have a family and I need to keep my press pass so shut the F up about it". Thats pretty much it, and very telling. Don't ask questions, and don't dare investigate for fear of losing your job.

Now why would you have fear of that I wonder?

Celtics have led all 3 games. Blew the lead twice and almost blew it today. They don't have a good offensive mentality during crunch time. Play hot potato then take bad long 3's. Having Hayward back helped a bit.

Tim Doughneghy literally wrote a book about how refs manipulate NBA playoff games and went to jail for it.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back