PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seeding Play

the celtics are putrid. the blame is with them alone. blaming the refs is weak. the heat are a better team.

And thats the exact reason their scheme works. Again, its f-ing brilliant. They have the fans so twisted up blaming their own players and coaches they don't have to defend anything.

They will bend over backwards to hand the Celtics game 3. They don't want sweeps in ECF matchups most assuredly. If I were the Celtics, I would tank the next 2 games as an FU to the league. Want 6 or 7? Nope, you are getting 4.

I don't know if they're a better team, but they definitely seem like they want it more. And at the risk of naming a scapegoat, the idea that Tatum is a top 10 player in the NBA is ludicrous. He thinks he's at least that because he's been repeated!y told that and that's a large part of the problem.

tatum still looks like a 22 year old in the lane and doesn't protect the ball well enough

when was the last time a team with a 22 and 23 year old as your top 2 scorers ever gone all the way?

celts need hayward......it's still a series, but it won't be for long

We've won maybe one 3rd quarter the entire bubble. In a game of stretches, high/low, last 2-3 mean everything we've been nonexistent in one quarter every game.

And thats the exact reason their scheme works. Again, its f-ing brilliant. They have the fans so twisted up blaming their own players and coaches they don't have to defend anything.

They will bend over backwards to hand the Celtics game 3. They don't want sweeps in ECF matchups most assuredly. If I were the Celtics, I would tank the next 2 games as an FU to the league. Want 6 or 7? Nope, you are getting 4.
it doesn't matter what the fans focus on. if they cried about the refs all day nothing would change anyway. all I know is the Celtics were passing the ball off of each others ankles. they are a bunch of one on one players that have no idea how to play team basketball when the game is on the line. it's maddening to watch.

I think the team looks gassed. They were much sharper against the Raptors.

Maybe they’ll play game 3 with some urgency

both theis and kanter are being abused by adebayo......put timelord in there.....he can get above the entire heat team

not enough veteran leadership IMO. Smart has been around, but they don't have enough leaders like in years past. They lack depth as well and they are a different team when Hayward is part of the rotation. Not sure what good it is to have a bunch of draft picks saved up every year if we dont draft well. Look, i am not an NBA expert, but Romeo Langford sucks and the only one half way useful is Grant Williams. To ViperGTS' point, the NBA has been crooked ever since Ewing was gifted to the Knicks. This series makes me sick.

not enough veteran leadership IMO. Smart has been around, but they don't have enough leaders like in years past. They lack depth as well and they are a different team when Hayward is part of the rotation. Not sure what good it is to have a bunch of draft picks saved up every year if we dont draft well. Look, i am not an NBA expert, but Romeo Langford sucks and the only one half way useful is Grant Williams. To ViperGTS' point, the NBA has been crooked ever since Ewing was gifted to the Knicks. This series makes me sick.
Ainge was all set to take tyler hero. the heat beat him to it. I remember watching the draft that night. scal said when the heat picked hero. he heard lots of yelling coming from the draft room.

Last edited:
I think the team looks gassed. They were much sharper against the Raptors.
We've lost two straight games because of effort not being gassed. Even Theis said after Game 1 that they decided to "stop playing" with a 13 point lead at the beginning of the fourth quarter. Tenacious defense at times followed by long stretches of laziness and leaving guys wide open under the basket or on the perimeter. The offense keeps stagnating against a zone defense and Brad can't seem to coach his way around it. We gave away cushy leads where merely average play in the third quarters would have ultimately carried us to wins in both games.

The locker room blow up was necessary. To me it shows that they care. They are pissed off. They want to win. It could sink us and we get swept or we bounce back and give full effort for four quarters and win. The team chemistry is light and day from where it was last season and this was the first time where things got heated all season...and understandably so.

We need Hayward back tonight. I'd be optimistic to even see him at 80%. Win these next two and it really is anyone's series once Hayward gets acclimated again. But tonight is certainly a huge test.

Maybe they’ll play game 3 with some urgency

both theis and kanter are being abused by adebayo......put timelord in there.....he can get above the entire heat team
Rob or Grant to back up Theis. I think Grant is more disciplined but Rob has more upside, height, and talent to match up.

lmao they are choking again. unbelievable. what a dumb team.

lmao they are choking again. unbelievable.

Yep. Heat in the bonus with 5:30 left in the quarter. Yet again. Are the Cs in the bonus right now?

Are they?

New NBA rule. Want to get up into someones kitchen? You negate any flagrant foul possibility.

you must be watching a different game than i am.

Nope. Heat went into it 5:30 and the Celtics went in with 44 seconds left. Same story different game.

Like f-ing clockwork. Its worth paying attention to that. It is the NBA's biggest weapon.

Nope. Heat went into it 5:30 and the Celtics went in with 44 seconds left. Same story different game.

Like f-ing clockwork. Its worth paying attention to that. It is the NBA's biggest weapon.
who ever plays the lakers is going to get killed.

Celts take the paint back......Hayward makes a huge difference for the lineup

They blew another big lead but in the end they won and outside of that like 4-5 minute stretch they dominated. I'm guessing that Games 1 & 2 really got in their heads, even with a 20 point lead in the fourth. Hopefully closing it out was a monkey off the back and they can stop playing so tight. The big locker room fiasco seems to have done more good than harm.

That being said Hayward is a significant difference maker. He was dynamite defensively and we spaced the floor so much better with him out there. Couldn't have come at a better time with three days off. If the Celtics just keep their heads straight and take game two I'll be feeling really good.

They blew another big lead but in the end they won and outside of that like 4-5 minute stretch they dominated. I'm guessing that Games 1 & 2 really got in their heads, even with a 20 point lead in the fourth. Hopefully closing it out was a monkey off the back and they can stop playing so tight. The big locker room fiasco seems to have done more good than harm.

That being said Hayward is a significant difference maker. He was dynamite defensively and we spaced the floor so much better with him out there. Couldn't have come at a better time with three days off. If the Celtics just keep their heads straight and take game two I'll be feeling really good.
They have been tight since losing game three the way they did against the Raptors.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back