PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seed 2 is likely, and it is not really a bad spot this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if LAC beats KC on TNF this week? How does that impact who gets the 1 seed in the AFC west?

expectations get adjusted. Pats have 9 byes in a row I think.

It's 8 pending this year's outcome...

...which is unprecedented. And the attempt at a 9th is being driven by a 41yr old QB playing at a level never done before for his age.

Not attaining yet another bye is a failure to live up to expectations? Get outta here!

Regards,
Chris

What if LAC beats KC on TNF this week? How does that impact who gets the 1 seed in the AFC west?

It just means that they split games and have the same record, Im sure there is some wierd tie breaker but it will ultimately come down to overall sseason record.

Even if LA wins Thursday, KC still is the #1 seed.

Eagles will have nothing to play for.
Do those @$$h0les have any pride? Maybe they can play for that.

If the vikings lose tonight or next week, philly will still technically have a shot at the last wild card spot going into that game, even if they lose to the rams. So most likely they will have something to play for.

The texans last game is also against Jacksonville, who beat the colts last week so you never know with that one as well. Hopefully we win the last 3 and it doesn’t come down to needing either though.

If the Pats lose another one then Im guessing the end up in the 3 seed. We would have to rely on the Texans losing at least one of course....Philly or Jags? eh.

I think this is the only NFL fan base who see getting the second seed as a type of failure.

Kinda Crazy when you think of it like. We just gotta enjoy the run.

2 seed still in play. Pats have control over their own destiny still. Unlike years past where we were watching the out of town scores closely as the season winded down.

I think KC is beatable in KC< I wouldnt be surprised to see someone go there and beat them. Yeh the offense is still dam good but as the season progresses defenses are figuring them out.

The 2nd seed certain is not bad.

On a positive note I watched Ravens @ KC yesterday and KC's defense is worse than our defense, I thought that was not possible.

Ravens without a passing game, running every play and they could not stop even knowing what was coming. I'm not super worried about having to play KC on the road as I was earlier.

KC vs Pats rematch could make the KC-Rams game look like a defensive battle.:eek:

I think there's a lot of football left, especially in the AFC. Thursday's Chargers/Chiefs tilt is huge, as well as Pats v Stillers. Steelers have to play desperate, and we know how that goes, as the Saints loom the next week. Week 16, the Ravens/Bolts and KC/Seahawks look like phenomenal match ups. As has been already stated, Philly isn't going to be a push over for Houston. Week 17 has Browns (wow look at that) looking to spoil the Ravens season, Tennesee and the Colts fighting for a spot.

Gotta love December football.

Having to go to Kansas City for the AFC Championship game is a death sentence and has the same exact feel as 2013/2015 where losing homefield to Denver ended up costing us a chance at the SB.

This team is 3-4 on the road this year and 0-3 the last three times they've had to play a conference championship game on the road.

Also absolutely bizarre that people on this board STILL don't respect the Ravens when they've proven to be the strongest team to come to Gillette in the playoffs, either flat up beating us or us squeaking it out against them.

Our best hope is for the Chiefs to somehow lose to the Chargers Thursday (I'd say 30% chance) and then lose to the Seahawks (I'd say 80% chance) or someone picking them off in the playoffs.

Having to go to Kansas City for the AFC Championship game is a death sentence and has the same exact feel as 2013/2015 where losing homefield to Denver ended up costing us a chance at the SB.

This team is 3-4 on the road this year and 0-3 the last three times they've had to play a conference championship game on the road.

Also absolutely bizarre that people on this board STILL don't respect the Ravens when they've proven to be the strongest team to come to Gillette in the playoffs, either flat up beating us or us squeaking it out against them.

Our best hope is for the Chiefs to somehow lose to the Chargers Thursday (I'd say 30% chance) and then lose to the Seahawks (I'd say 80% chance) or someone picking them off in the playoffs.

Agree on a "Death Sentence." Given the Chiefs long history of playoff dominance under Andy Reid, we probably shouldn't even bother to show up.

If KC loses two more (say, these next two against Chargers and in Seattle), and Chargers lose one more (say, to the Ravens), then Pats get the #1 if they win out. Not the most likely scenario, but crazier things have happened this time of year.

(It's still miraculous to me that, at 11-5, we got that 1st-rd bye in 2001; the Raiders choking it away down the stretch helped launch this whole thing.)

The Eagles are close to being eliminated and may have zilch to play for. Houston is very likely to win out.
This blows my mind. It happens every year. People in here talk about how some team is "very likely to win out." And then they lose - because winning in the NFL is not easy.

Wouldn’t shock me if KC is upset to be honest.

I can see Pats losing in Pittsburgh and having all they can handle vs Buffalo at home..Josh Allen can run and you KNOW Belichick will NOT man up vs a running qb...those busted play 30 yard passes or 10-15 yard qb runs will be there for Buffalo...
People think Buffalo at home will be a layup... nothing is safe with this Patriots team unless they get up by 2 scores...

We still have to win out...Pitt game will decided if we get a bye or not

We still have to win out...Pitt game will decided if we get a bye or not

If Texans lose one game, we only need to win ANY two of the next three for the bye. Steelers can beat us, but as long as we beat Jets & Bills, bye is ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots