PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Season not over but you have to admit..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to agree with you and hope you are right.. However, I seriously doubt it will be that easy.

Unfortunately I too am not overly optimistic about how much Edelman's return will improve our team. He's been out so long and will be less than 100% when he does play again, I just don't see him just jumping right in and being the same player we've seen him be over the last few years.

But believe me, I hope I'm wrong.

Unfortunately I too am not overly optimistic about how much Edelman's return will improve our team. He's been out so long and will be less than 100% when he does play again, I just don't see him just jumping right in and being the same player we've seen him be over the last few years.

One thing though, yesterday was more than just Edleman... A lot of great players will be playing in two weeks that were not on the field at Miami. And hopefully we get our coaching staff back too they have been out too long as well.

Man Games Lost NFL (@ManGamesLostNFL) | Twitter
CX6ek81WYAAAA1o.png

Jeez, check out Denver and Cincy on that graph compared to us. They got lucky; we didn't.

He's been practicing for three weeks. Five by the time he plays.

Jeez, check out Denver and Cincy on that graph compared to us. They got lucky; we didn't.

It's amazing to see how this organization constantly overcomes adversity and challenging moments. We're all lucky to be witnessing such competition at an insanely high level.

That said, luck and injuries are certainly 2 variables that help to determine the best out of the 32 teams every year, so there's no excuse making there. I think we all know that our team is likely the best in the NFL when healthy. Unfortunately, that's not how this works, or we'd likely have 5-6-7 SB championships to celebrate.

This fan base sucks, period. They don't deserve this team. The quitters can call it a season right now.

Very happy to see this post pissed off the quitters, see you next year. Have fun rooting for your Carolina Panthers

Edelman is our mvp...amazing how anemic our offense has looked without him

I think it is similar to how Troy Brown-era or Wes Welker-era Patriots are really stung when those players aren't there.

Can we take a minute to appreciate this team? Let's look at Denver's or Cincinnati's (or anyone's) rosters at the beginning of the year and then:

1. Take their #1 WR away for weeks
2. Hobble their #2 WR
3. Put their starting all purpose RB on IR
4. Put their other starting RB on IR too
5. Put their starting LT on IR
6. Flip their RT to LT then take him out for a bit
7. Injure the replacement LT for a bit too
8. Keep the starting center out for half the season
9. IR a starting guard from last year
10. Generally hammer the OL with various injuries
11. Take the top TE away for a couple games
12. Give the one starting LB a virus that keeps him out weeks
13. Injure their other starting LB for a few weeks too
14. Injure the third LB for ****s and giggs
15. IR the starting third CB
16. IR the next starting third CB
17. Injure the next starting third CB for a few weeks
18. IR one of their best defensive tackles
19. IR a couple reserve DEs
20. Injure their top free safety for a couple of weeks
21. Injure their strong safety for a bit at the same time

You guys think other teams under these same circumstances would finish 12-4 too?
I appreciate what this team has done and have been very unlucky with injuries but the big equalizer is #12 was still standing. Not the case with the other 2. Thats a big equalizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST