PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seahawks vs Packers

Ya the boston media and smart national media guys will note that. The idiots will drum up the whole Richard Sherman role thing.

Dude, you don't play for the team. There's no need for you to manufacture a disrespect card, particularly when you're just making it up before anything's happened, like now.

I think that Revis and Sherman are the top 2 corners in the league. Yes Sherman only plays one part of the field. But his stats covering the opponents #1 receiver are very, very good. Sherman has shown many times that he is one of the best corners.

I think that the Packers played straigth into the Seahawks hands by basically forfeiting Shermans part of the field. Allows them to use more guys to take out Nelson and Cobb. Sherman is really good. But you can't just give up that part of the field.

Packers D has been really unimpressive for a while now. I think a big problem for them is that both their OLBs just rushed down the field, which left the outside wide open for Lynch to cut outside. They basically took themself out of the plays by not reading and only trying to outrun the tackle(which Wilson just handled by stepping up in the pocket).

Last edited:
Actually read it from Shermans twitter when they had their little arguments. I'm guessing PFF is behind those numbers

But Sherman was just recently a key player on one of the best defenses ever and all he did was make plays. So imo. it's Revis and Sherman.

He also had one of the more stacked secondaries in recent years around him where Arizona's is just starting to get better outside of Peterson. Peterson also shadows the other team's WR1 where Sherman does not. Don't get me wrong, Sherman is one of the best in the game today. But he's not Patrick Peterson or Darrelle Revis.

Bulaga tore his MCL. They'll need to bring in another tackle.

Dude, you don't play for the team. There's no need for you to manufacture a disrespect card, particularly when you're just making it up before anything's happened, like now.

I love the disrespected fanbase thing because it's so blatantly absurd but people actually buy into it.

Would be nice to use Boyce similarly, if he picked up his game

In terms of speed: Harvin runs a 4.41, Boyce - 4.34 with broken toe (and Dobson ran a 4.43)

People really need to stop using oh Boyce did a 4.34 with a broken toe. It was his freaking pinky toe! That doesn't make an almighty difference. If it was his big toe I would have been impressed. And he would have been running by corner backs in the games for sure.

People really need to stop using oh Boyce did a 4.34 with a broken toe. It was his freaking pinky toe! That doesn't make an almighty difference. If it was his big toe I would have been impressed. And he would have been running by corner backs in the games for sure.

It's irrelevant in any case until Boyce shows the ability to play anywhere near his timed speed.

after watching that game I think a lot of people were over rating the packers there defense is average at best there already weak OL took a big hit last night

People have been overrating Packers D for years. They've always been soft and Dom Capers can't handle mobile QB that runs those read option stuff(whatever they call it) and fakes.

If you really want to know why the DC doesn't let Sherman roam with the opposing teams #1 receiver, check out this post from Hawks.net Any one else notice AR didn't even look to his right all game? He barely looked over the middle.

Pandion Haliaetus wrote:
hawknation2014 wrote:This is really more of a question for Aaron Rodgers. I have no idea if it was in the game plan, but Rodgers appeared to have told Sherman after the game "yup" in response to whether he was intentionally avoiding Sherman's side of the field. Honestly, I don't understand the controversy. Rodgers was smart to avoid Sherman and attack the other corners.

Wrong, IF you want to beat Seattle's Passing D , you can't be afraid of Sherman's side of the field. You also won't win playing conservative, you have to take shots down-field and either hope you get lucky and the WR makes an unbelievable play OR you get lucky and the Defense makes a mistake.

Its not smart what-so-ever allowing Sherman to take away 1/3rd of your field.

1. You're not going to beat Thomas over the top and you're allowing Thomas to shade to Maxwell's side more often than not.
2. You allow Kam to patrol the middle zone and he'll destroy everything in his path.
3. All our LBers have good range and excel in zone coverages
4. The RT becomes the blindside protector, a realization that many are putting out there now.

And thinking about it... I now understand the genius of Quinn's defense and why he essentially flipped the strongside and weakside personnel the way he did last year and why the Seahawks could let Clemons and Bryant walk. Because Sherman shuts down his 3rd of the field, nothing is getting past Thomas, you don't want to cross paths with Chancellor, Wagner could have the best range out of all LBs, it leaves the left side of the field where QBs have to throw across their bodies =,more mistakes and the dump-off where our OLBs are prepared to eat you up. But best of all it turns the right side of the O-Line into the blindside protection.

Teams spend tens of millions of dollars investing in top level LTs and LGs to protect the blindside, and here's Seattle, and you don't want to throw at Richard Sherman because he's the most dangerous CB in the NFL. Well, we are going to line up Avril on your RT, and Bennett on your RG.

You want to know why the Seahawks were so successful with just a 4 man rush, and why Avril and Bennett were so effective, its because the Seahawks have the best 2ndary in the NFL, it has a great LBer corps and a very active D-Line. But the Seahawks D dictates what the offense can do and if your a team who is going to try to dink and dunk, you're not going to beat the Seahawks.

Those offenses only end up tiring themselves out quickly where they are useless by the 4th QTR. Only end up burning a lot of clock, running a lot of plays, only to walk away with a Turnover in the RZ or just 3 points to show for it.

This about sums it up perfectly and I agree with every single point. It took the Packer game for me to completely understand what the Seahawks have really been doing for a long time. Eating up right tackles across the league. The Leo is a diversion. It is the mismatch on the right side, against the weaker pass blockers, where Seattle is winning with the four man front.

This is because....Sherman. The argument that the pass rush creates Sherman is a big misconception. Sherman creates the pass rush by recreating the blindside while inducing right handed quarterbacks to throw across their body to the left. Let Patrick Peterson chase players all over the place and lose. Bill Belichick figured out what Seattle is doing. Revis will no longer be an island, guard one side of the field, and New England will come closest to replicating the Seahawks. Emulation is the perfect form of flattery.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back