PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schiano to interview for D.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the “disagree” but how does bringing in Schiano create competition? Brian Flores is in position to become a defensive coordinator either in New England or elsewhere. Either he gets the job because the person who knows him best (BB) believes he is worthy or he does not. If the patriots interview Schiano, how is this interview competition for Florez? Isn’t all the work Flores has been doing behind the scenes with BB for years in the way his interview?

Because they are both potential candidates for the DC position. Is it "competition" in the true sense? Maybe not but they are both "competing" for the same job.

I would report it through the proper channels.

You do realize the claim made about Schiano has been proven to be wrong, don’t you?

You do realize that a comprehensive investigation, and numerous legal cases and trials have been conducted and none of them turned up any indication of schiano having any knowledge right?

I see you keep ignoring the link to B.B. vouching for schianos character.

I’m not ignoring it at all, I simply said that Schiano, like anyone else working in that locker room at that time needs to be asked about it, and if they are satisfied with his answers I would have no problem with the hire. Not asking about it is irresponsible.

He has now moved the goalposts from this:

To hey, let’s ask him a question we already know the answer to, but is still bloviating apparently because he feels it’s important to show people he thinks child molesting is bad.
Time to move on to rational discussion.

What I think Andy is that there have been numerous cases where many many many children have been sexually and physically abused, and the people working in those institutions at those times have looked the other way, and anyone who worked at those institutions who could well have known about it needs to be asked just that during the hiring process. You can play Cardinal Law all you want but not asking and not wanting to know is what leads to these massive scandals.

I’m not ignoring it at all, I simply said that Schiano, like anyone else working in that locker room at that time needs to be asked about it, and if they are satisfied with his answers I would have no problem with the hire. Not asking about it is irresponsible.
No you called for an investigation and said anything less is unforgivable.

But let me get this straight. You think that B.B. who says he is very good friends with schiano publicly vouched for his character and said he had zero reservations in response to him not getting a job because if this exact fear you are mongering but never asked him about it?

What I think Andy is that there have been numerous cases where many many many children have been sexually and physically abused, and the people working in those institutions at those times have looked the other way, and anyone who worked at those institutions who could well have known about it needs to be asked just that during the hiring process. You can play Cardinal Law all you want but not asking and not wanting to know is what leads to these massive scandals.
Schiano is not one of those people.
You didn’t call for “asking” you called for an investigation after MANY have already been done and concluded he knew nothing.

You are wrong, but you are offensively cloaking yourself in the “I’m right because I hate child molesters so anyone who disagrees with me even though I am wrong about the facts must not hate child milestors as much as me” ********.
It’s lame. As I said I am done with you, but this pip of a list needed response.

Back to the ignore list for you.

But let me get this straight. You think that B.B. who says he is very good friends with schiano publicly vouched for his character and said he had zero reservations in response to him not getting a job because if this exact fear you are mongering but never asked him about it?

I said that in response to Bibdigitalspost citing McQueary, then Deus posted a document that claimed it was 3rd hand and Bradley denied it, to whcuch I responded that they still need to ask him about it, and you then had a temper tantrum that I wanted Schiano to be asked about it.

Unlike you I have no idea whether Belichick discusses this with Schiano or not, I’m simply saying it has to be asked. Don’t like it, tough sh.t.

Schiano is not one of those people.
You didn’t call for “asking” you called for an investigation after MANY have already been done and concluded he knew nothing.

You are wrong, but you are offensively cloaking yourself in the “I’m right because I hate child molesters so anyone who disagrees with me even though I am wrong about the facts must not hate child milestors as much as me” ********.
It’s lame. As I said I am done with you, but this pip of a list needed response.

Back to the ignore list for you.

Awesome. Not dealing with a **** like you is a great thing.

I’m suggesting that anyone interviewing those who worked in that locker room what, if anything, they knew about it is doing your job properly. Not asking those questions is turning a blind eye to it.
Not when he has already publicly addressed the matter. What do you think is going to happen? He will be interviewing for the Patriots, then break down and confess that he saw everything and knew all about it?

And I think assistant coaches talk to each other constantly, so if one saw a child being raped in the shower you would like to believe they made every one of them aware of it.
Would they also have made assistant coaches who left something like 7 years prior to the incident aware of it too?

Schiano is already on record as saying he had nothing to do with what happened there and as it pertains to the NEP BB is on record as not having any concerns about him. The matter is closed.

I think the reason why you are getting gang-tackled on this is because it makes people sick that people are giving weight to McQueary's foggy, unsubstantiated testimony which was legitimized by those ignorant a-holes in TN.

The core issue is it is completely unfair and total BS to Schiano that he should be dogged by this for the rest of his life.

Unfair as it may be it’s what happens when you are working at an institution that allows this kind of abuse to go unchecked and unchallenged. And even if I were hiring a friend who I thought really highly of I would still feel the need to ask them what they may or may not have known if they were working at an institution that had this type of scandal while they were working there.

As far as McQueary goes he’s a piece of sh.t. His story has changed repeatedly, and who he told, what he told them, and when is all in question. And while it may be distasteful to ask those who worked with him it’s still necessary. After reviewing the timeline in the Sandusky case I think there is a decent chance that a number of those he worked with may not have known what was going on, but that should be inconceivable because imo any halfway decent human being who caught someone raping a child would have screamed long and loud until something was done about it, instead It was covered up and Sandusky continued to abuse kids for years after that.

Not when he has already publicly addressed the matter. What do you think is going to happen? He will be interviewing for the Patriots, then break down and confess that he saw everything and knew all about it?

No, I think he would answer the questions.

Would they also have made assistant coaches who left something like 7 years prior to the incident aware of it too?

Nope, but it was my assumption that Schiano was working there when McQueary reported the accusation, which is my fault for making that assumption.

I had a dream last night. It wasn’t a hopeful dream. Schiano comes in and is announced as the HC of NEP, and B.B. retires. I like Schiano, and wouldn’t mind a new perspective on some of our schemes. I’ve posted earlier on how enjoyable it is to watch this organization create something new, but as HC of NEP? Talk about a nightmare! I trust BB to make the right decision for this organization in regards to the DC role. I mean, he’s the greatest ever and I’m just an overweight chump. But, I also wouldn’t be surprised if he is announced as some sort of Assistant Coach to help bring in some new ideas and provide insight before taking off somewhere else in a year or two. Maybe B.B. will teach him the ways of building a good locker room, a solid staff, and how to deal with the media.

I’m not claiming anything of the sort, I’m saying the Patriots need to ask the questions. And I’m not sure why people are frightened to do so?
Why must the Patriots repeat questions others have asked instead of accepting the answers others got when they asked?

Seems a big waste of time to me, beating a dead horse.

My take: Promote Flores but hire Schiano as an Assistant HC

That still gives him ample input into the D but recognizes that Flores has been working hard and paying his dues, and if he falters then Schiano can just quietly take over strategic duties

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes