PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Pats expected to add incentives to Brady's deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stand the *****ing over this.

Instead of being a Brady fanboy for a moment, pretend you are Bill.

What do you propose a contract structure should look like for a team who is trying to minimize it's risk with an older player, maintain cap flexibility and pay a player who is still a Top 3 QB at an appropriate salary?
My God thank you...

Not difficult to understand for personal fans of Tom. And I can easily see how it could be somewhat disappointing for Tom and Yee (Curran or no Curran).

Cue why people always said this will end badly.

Even for people that are more Brady fans than Pats fans I dont think it is should be an unreasonable notion to understand that a team needs to protect themselves in terms of cap space and injuries.

No, its there in the txt: “With only guarantees for part of this season (2/3 appr)“ = 10 of 14M. (1M roster bonus also not gdt of course)

My bad. Must have missed that.

My God thank you...
Tom deserves $30m a year. Hell if Jimmy and Matty Ice are getting that Tom should get $40m.

But that is not how it goes for an older player on a team that puts cap flexibility as it's #1 priority.

How fans of this team for the last two decades still don't or can't acknowledge that is astounding

Tom deserves $30m a year. Hell if Jimmy and Matty Ice are getting that Tom should get $40m.

But that is not how it goes for an older player on a team that puts cap flexibility as it's #1 priority.

How fans of this team for the last two decades still don't or can't acknowledge that is astounding

I always suspected that but if he played a year for $1.50 I'd be sure. :D

I test out in the 99th percentile on the cynicism scale, and even I don't believe that there was anything deliberate or calculated about Gronk's post-SB (and post-break-in) "retirement" statement. I think it was just a juvenile emotional outburst from his frustration with the moment.
What retirement statement? He was asked and answered vaguely. He never made a statement that I recall where he announced he was considering retirement. The media spoke endlessly about it and gronk just gave vague answers. He never issued a statement, which is IMO an important distinction.

Yeah because brady hasn’t saved the patriots 60 million dollars over his career so BB could piece together a better team...

And now a 41 year old man, who just carried a pathetic defense and piss poor coaching staff in the Super Bowl last year, is askin for a little more money before he rides off into the sunset...how selfish of him

This is a slap in the face to brady
You will have to explain how voluntarily with no need to do so, giving him more money than his contract calls for is a slap in the face.

Ridiculous to ask a 41 year old QB to reach these incentives. Hopefully a 41 year old man doesn’t have to carry a bad defense again.
So you want to pay him more than his contract calls for if he declined dramatically?

so all hits this yrs cap as LTBE

But, and this may be in the thread somewhere, they converted 10 mill from salary to signing bonus so the new 5 mill is offset by moving 5 mill to next year.

And Brady gets a 15 mill check up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News