PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Logan Mankins to report, sign tender on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once hes on the field hes playing for his teammates, Im certain he'll give 100%.

I'd like Logan back as a Pat if he learned something from his BS holdout.

No one wanted you Logan, must feel good:)

I'd like Logan back as a Pat if he learned something from his BS holdout.

No one wanted you Logan, must feel good:)

We don't know that. What we do know is that nobody wanted to pay our asking price in picks, and what he wanted in a contract.

but we can still franchise him:)

he has no leverage:cool:

He's here early based on a promise of some kind.
Cannot exclude the promise of no franchise tag at this time.

I was never a fan of Mankins holding out, but I'm happy he's back. We're BETTER having a Pro Bowl-caliber Left Guard. PERIOD.

The Bottom Line:

1 - Mankins won't start this Sunday. Why? Because first and foremost he isn't ready to start. He hasn't played a down of football in many months.

2 - A poster said "Mankins is as good as his word". Bingo! Mankins reports, sits down with BB and says "That was the business side but now I am here to play football. I am here to be part of the team and help the team win. The business side is no longer relevant until the end of the season". If that is his attitude, things with Mankins are probably just fine for this season.

3 - As long as BB hears point 2 and believes Mankins' word, BB will use Mankins in every way possible if it is a benefit to the team.

4 - In the coming days/weeks, if you see Mankins in there playing (and playing a lot), you will know that 2 and 3 happened. If you see Mankins sent to the end of the bench (literally or figuratively), you will know 2 and 3 did not happen.

5 - I will be surprised if Mankins doesn't do point 2 in some form or fashion. If he doesn't then I have the wrong impression of Mankins. The business side and the way of the agent, I believe, made a foolish Mankins take the wrong tact. I believe deep down (IMHO) he always wanted to be out on the field helping the Patriots.

Last edited:

he's here now b/c he could never hit FA'cy if he never reported.:rolleyes:

I doubt there is a no franchise agreement.:p

I think you are right, there's a BIG possibility they promised him something such as no tag in order to get him back 2 weeks earlier than expected.

Why?

Two words:

PITTSBURGH and INDIANAPOLIS

As the original schedule for his return was set, he would have missed PIT in two weeks and wouldn't have been ready for Indy a week later. Now he can be a force in both games.

Last edited:
good point Davy Crockett:)

I bet we extend Mankins if he has a good year...... offer him the same contract as before ,but5-15 mill richer and attractive escalators and I think we got him.:cool:

I bet we extend Mankins if he has a good year...... offer him the same contract as before ,but5-15 mill richer and attractive escalators and I think we got him.:cool:

With a handful of exceptions, this thread is proof it's members and not merely the occasional thread that needs to be moved to the PS...

I wouldn't expect him to play for a while. The O Line has been a fine unit as is, and Mankins hasn't played a snap since Lincoln was President. He needs to get some weeks under his belt.

Let us face it: There are worse things than adding an All Pro Guard to the team with the best record in the NFL. :)

He's playing for a FA contract, so hopefully he's 100% present. If not, he's just that much more trade bait to add to Moss and Moroney, and the best thing we can do for the team and for Mankins's career is to trade him... maybe to a competitive team like the Chiefs or the Rams who are ready to make a big bet for this season.

The trade deadline was several weeks ago.

You don't pay attention to the way the Patriots do business do you?

OL job is like a brotherhood. And I , personally, if were one of them, I wont have the trust on Mankins. There ll be some jealous players. Bad movement IMO.

Holdout= GTFO . And even MORE with 6-1.

Re: Logan Mankins signs tender

People screaming for him to be benched or inactive are extremely irrational. Please explain your logic as to how making him inactive improves the NEP.

Maybe it has something to do with revenge which, according to Juvenal, has little to do with logic.

“Revenge is always the weak pleasure of a little and narrow mind" Juvenal

I knew he was going to report anyway but nonetheless its pretty fascinating stuff. I wonder if he'd report this early if they were 1-6? :p

The NEP train just keeps chuggin' along- with our without you.

Last edited:
Note to Logan:

OK. You did what you felt you had to do in your own economic interests. I can't argue with that. An NFL player has a short career span (average of 3.5 years) and the most talented, like yourself, have every right to maximize their earnings during the short time they play.

So, welcome back. Business is business.

I hope you can ignore those who are ripping you. But, at the same time, don't expect a lot of love from those of us who support you. You set the terms; it's nothing personal...just business.

I do, though, hope that you show up in playing condition because that is what you're being paid for and the Pats could use you.

PFS74

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back