PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Logan Mankins to report, sign tender on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Logan Mankins signs tender

Good point. I forgot about the clearing waivers deal. :bricks:

Is Ventrone still hanging around?

No on Ventrone. Mankins would make 11 Offensive lineman on the 53 man roster. Thats almost unheard of. Ojinnaka would be the best bet to go. He was waived only a few weeks ago and brought back.

No on Ventrone. Mankins would make 11 Offensive lineman on the 53 man roster. Thats almost unheard of. Ojinnaka would be the best bet to go. He was waived only a few weeks ago and brought back.

Sorry, I counted Kaczur who is on IR. Same answer though, I think Ojinnaka goes.

Last edited:
Guys, trust me BB is happy to have mankind back. We taken it more personally then the coaches.

Well its a boost for the Patriots to have him back but I've lost all respect for the guy and no matter what he does this season that won't change.

Anybody can have problems and not be happy with their contract but you sign your tender and keep on working and at the end of the season you will get rewarded with a big contract either here or elsewhere. I mean how can anybody trust a guy that sat out this long? Next thing you know he wants another pay jump in a year or so and decides to sit out again.

Last edited:

Are you joking?

IMO he doesn't have a place on this team. What if Faulk comes back? The guy is 5'6 I don't know how much longer he will last playing with these monsters. This isn't Chadron state.:(

I doubt Mankins is in game shape. Most likely will be a sub at most this week.

Sounds about right. I think that makes sense.

Unfortunately...or, really, quite fortunately...there's not a ton of chaff on this roster. The inactives shift around quite a bit, and they're getting meaningful contributions from 9 different rookies. Slater's injury is one unknown.

Yup, it is quit remarkable. Not to look to far into the future, but next year's cut down will result in some good players finding their way on to other rosters.

IMO he doesn't have a place on this team. What if Faulk comes back? The guy is 5'6 I don't know how much longer he will last playing with these monsters. This isn't Chadron state.:(

Please tell me you're joking with this stuff.

Well Faulk will not be back till next season. Woodhead has been very productive and he is threat in the passing game.

Please tell me you're joking with this stuff.

But what IF Faulk comes back from IR? What then????

I was just looking at Woodhead's numbers...4.9 yards per carry on 36 attempts, 9.7 yards per catch on 14 receptions. That's a mighty impressive first 5 games.

IMO he doesn't have a place on this team. What if Faulk comes back? The guy is 5'6 I don't know how much longer he will last playing with these monsters. This isn't Chadron state.

They know how to use him, I dont think hes any more susceptible to an injury than anyone else out there. He may be short but hes a tough dude.

But what IF Faulk comes back from IR? What then????

I was just looking at Woodhead's numbers...4.9 yards per carry on 36 attempts, 9.7 yards per catch on 14 receptions. That's a mighty impressive first 5 games.

Not to mention our current RBs are BJGE, a guy who can't stay healthy, a guy who cant run anymore, and Woodhead.

I'd put his odds of being cut at around -83 percent.

Well Faulk will not be back till next season. Woodhead has been very productive and he is threat in the passing game.

but faulk was better in the passing game and on the ground, would you really rather have 5'6 woodhead over faulk come next year?:eek:

but faulk was better in the passing game and on the ground, would you really rather have 5'6 woodhead over faulk come next year?:eek:

Yes. He's like 7 - 8 years younger.

Last edited:

What the hell does next year's running back competition have to do with who'll get cut tomorrow in order to make room for Mankins, an offensive lineman, this year?

Last edited:

What the hell does next year's running back competition have to do with who'll get cut tomorrow in order to make room for Mankins, an offensive lineman, this year?

Im still getting bites
trollface.gif

Mankins doesn't make this team better if he comes back resentful, angry and distracted. For a team where the Band of Brothers spirit is the dominating force, adding a dissatisfied and disruptive "outsider" to the locker room could easily be subtraction by addition.

Now, if he comes back sheepish, apologetic, excited and committed, and if the team and organization embrace him as a prodigal son returning home, then it really is addition by addition. But it's something I'll wait to judge when I hear what Logan has to say for himself. This isn't a fantasy football team. This is human personalities and team psychology, which is a fragile thing.

He's playing for a FA contract, so hopefully he's 100% present. If not, he's just that much more trade bait to add to Moss and Moroney, and the best thing we can do for the team and for Mankins's career is to trade him... maybe to a competitive team like the Chiefs or the Rams who are ready to make a big bet for this season.

The more I read the posts here the more I am baffled.

Now I'm not happy with Mankins myself ...

But he has shown in his years here that he is an ultimate professional and that will not change because it's how he's succeeded to this stage of his career ... he's not going to change out of spite because spite does not exist for him in the locker room or on the field.

Logan is a man .. not a mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft