PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SB halftime performance

I used to say, "ugh these old timers and their old performers".....and now the depressing reality of time is coming full circle. oh well.

I enjoyed it but 50 cent really scared me...hanging upside down after gaining that weight was certainly not safe

Me too. Did you go the night the lighting scaffolding was coming down and they had to clear everyone from the arena and fix it mid show? That was the one I went to.
No! Holy ****. Did anyone get hurt?

I used to say, "ugh these old timers and their old performers".....and now the depressing reality of time is coming full circle. oh well.

I enjoyed it but 50 cent really scared me...hanging upside down after gaining that weight was certainly not safe

Did they not do a run through on that to see how itd look ? I mean i get that he did that in the original video but it just looked weird af last night seeing him hanging there

No! Holy ****. Did anyone get hurt?

Nah! U2 was performing and part of it just dropped like a foot or two (looks like it was just not tied down tightly). You wouldn't have even known if they didn't stop the concert. Bono stopped the concert and said that that they had to move everyone out of the area and promised that they would finish the concert even if it went to 2AM. It took about an hour to fix.

My guess is that they probably could have finished the concert without a problem, but if it did fall, hundreds of people would have been seriously hurt or killed.

Nah! U2 was performing and part of it just dropped like a foot (looks like it was just not tied down tightly). You wouldn't have even known if they didn't stop the concert. Bono stopped the concert and said that that they had to move everyone out of the area and promised that they would finish the concert even if it went to 2AM. It took about an hour to fix.

My guess is that they probably could have finished the concert without a problem, but if it did fall, hundreds of people would have been seriously hurt or killed.
I was 13 and with my cousin who was my age and my older cousin who was 18 and took us.

I was just looking at All U2 shows for The Centrum - Worcester, USA - U2 on tour and it was def in April.

Not sure which day.

I was 13 and with my cousin who was my age and my older cousin who was 18 and took us.

I was just looking at All U2 shows for The Centrum - Worcester, USA - U2 on tour and it was def in April.

Not sure which day.

It wasn't the 15th because that was the day I went since it talks about how the rigging was coming down and they had to stop the show.
My first time seeing them was when we took the kids to see them at Gillette back in 2009, it was my son's first concert (I think he was 13) and my daughter's 2nd (she was 16 - first concert for her was the Jonas Brothers :D ). It was a great show and we had an awesome time...aside from the fact it literally took 2hrs just to get out of the parking lot after it was over.

My favorite half time show was that Katy Perry one during the Pats-Seahwaks SB. There were several reasons to enjoy it... the music was pretty good, Katy is quite pretty, she actually sang and she was a Seahawks fan, so it was fun to have her perform and then watch the Pats squash her team's soul.

If the Pats had lost, my opinion would likely change. :)

BTW - when I want a smile, I can always play the video of one of the songs she played that night. Brings back great memories of Butler's pick.

Nah! U2 was performing and part of it just dropped like a foot or two (looks like it was just not tied down tightly). You wouldn't have even known if they didn't stop the concert. Bono stopped the concert and said that that they had to move everyone out of the area and promised that they would finish the concert even if it went to 2AM. It took about an hour to fix.

I guess it was worse than I remembered. From the review of the show I went to:

Very much remember seeing a lighting grip dive for a rope behind the stage as the lights started to fall
Also that the crowd was still singing 40

I do remember the entire crowd continued singing 40 all the way into the parking lots after the show. I mean literally virtually everyone after the concert kept on singing the chorus to the song long after the concert ended. That was cool.

Great show but U2 is still the best

I guess it was worse than I remembered. From the review of the show I went to:

Very much remember seeing a lighting grip dive for a rope behind the stage as the lights started to fall
Also that the crowd was still singing 40

I do remember the entire crowd continued singing 40 all the way into the parking lots after the show. I mean literally virtually everyone after the concert kept on singing the chorus to the song long after the concert ended. That was cool.

Reactions: Ian
Question. It looked very much like they were performing to a tape. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I was there for that concert too. What couldn't be seen on TV is when they did Where the Streets have No Names, they projected the names of all the people who died in the World Trade Center on the Superdome dome.

• Winner
It wasn't the 15th because that was the day I went since it talks about how the rigging was coming down and they had to stop the show.
My cousin says we were there on the 19th. I just remember not going to school the next day.

My first time seeing them was when we took the kids to see them at Gillette back in 2009, it was my son's first concert (I think he was 13) and my daughter's 2nd (she was 16 - first concert for her was the Jonas Brothers :D ). It was a great show and we had an awesome time...aside from the fact it literally took 2hrs just to get out of the parking lot after it was over.
My kids' 1st concern was One Direction at Gillette. It rained too.

@Rob0729

FWIW this is the best U2 cover band i've ever seen.

Ian I saw these guys at the Dover Brickhouse a couple of years ago.

Question. It looked very much like they were performing to a tape. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

all mics were live, except for one small part of Mary J when she was dancing......instruments are usually playing but run a pre recorded tape.....Eminem def had a backing track going

50 Cent looked terrible. Could barely move...looking out of shape.

Glad Kendrick Lamar segment was short, he sucks.

Didn’t care for Mary J Blige.

Not enough Eminem.

Dre and Snoop were good doing their classics.

I thought it was a good show and not sure what people want in a half time show. It hard to do a medley of songs in a short amount of time and I thought it all made sense. Its in L.A., so of course you have Dre, Snoop, and Lemar out there...then tie in Eminem (rap god) and east coast 50 Cent and Mary J. Blige. I thought it was pretty well done. It would have been cool to trot out the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

• Agree
Hip hop was past my time, but I liked it quite a bit.

U2, Prince, and this one are probably my top 3.

• Agree

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes