PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Say Goodbye To Van Noy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's as useful as laughing disdainfully and saying he's garbage. I mean, he was working with the same 'crappy weapons' Tom got saddled with. He did nothing to indicate that he's out of place in the NFL, and reports seem to indicate that the coaching staff loves him. But what do they know, right?

Preseason.

Really, you're going to compare what he did preseason with guys that aren't even on the team? To a guy like Brady that set the standard for everything?

It was nice knowing you KVN . We know BB rarely ever breaks the bank for any players and will never allow any player to dictate terms to him, so I guess he is as good as gone .
McCourty kind of did. BB tried to low ball him when he hit free agency. The market was there for him and BB stepped up and signed him to a big contract.

How do you know he'll be out of his depth by the time Bill is ready to stop being a HC?

Not every instance of a son taking over for his father is nepotism. Based on the play of our defense this year and the development of the secondary when he was DB coach the kid might just deserve the eventual promotion.

This is the absolute definition of nepotism. When you go to a prominent position having never done anything before. It's because of his father. If he didn't have the last name, he would have a much less prominent role. I'm sure a guy like Flores looks at him and thinks, I put 20 years in, and I played the game at a high level (ACC), and I didn't get to Steve's position until I was 37! I mean, his first job was DB coach in 2016.

Probably cause im older or quite satisfied with 6 rings, but EVERY player should try to get PAID every penny he can get. Careers can end on EVERY play. Get paid, and try to stay healthy and have a long career, and for the few that BURN to win and not just get paid, find as many of them as you can.

My guess is Dolphins.
It hurt to see Trent Harris make a great play for the sack against us he’s a guy I liked tool box Trent.
O well great steal by Flores
Yep, 2nd/5 early in the 4th quarter, and he beats Cannon (Newhouse should've started at RT) as if he were wearing cement cleats...embarrassing...then they actually convert 3rd/11 only to have it over-turned by another stupid penalty on the offense...

And did anyone else notice the post-game love-in between KVN & Flo? They were practically french-kissing each other...disgusting...KVN to Miami = done deal...just look at all of the "business decisions" that he made during the game...Fluck Fores, that ungrateful slime...no wonder Bill wanted nothing to do with him after the game ended...

For anyone interested, this is the easiest look at cap space:

New England Patriots Salary Cap | Over the Cap (click on the 2020 tab).

Some savings (from good players):

Hightower - $8.875M
Sanu - $6.5M
Chung - $2M
J. McCourty - $4M
Harmon - $4.25M
Gostkowski - $3.8M
Burkhead - $3M
Andrews - $3.4M

I'm NOT suggesting we will, or should, cut them all. But it's interesting that it adds up to about $36M in savings. That would put us close to $80M in cap space (somewhat fake as even minimum salaries to fill the roster would eat into that).

Sanu most logical cut there he won't see a dime of that 6Mill unless his game does a 360 in the Playoffs.

Preseason.

Really, you're going to compare what he did preseason with guys that aren't even on the team? To a guy like Brady that set the standard for everything?

Where in your delusional mind did you get the impression that I was comparing him to Brady? I know you think that Tom will play until age 70, but I'm afraid that's just a fantasy.

Yep, 2nd/5 early in the 4th quarter, and he beats Cannon (Newhouse should've started at RT) as if he were wearing cement cleats...embarrassing...then they actually convert 3rd/11 only to have it over-turned by another stupid penalty on the offense...

And did anyone else notice the post-game love-in between KVN & Flo? They were practically french-kissing each other...disgusting...KVN to Miami = done deal...just look at all of the "business decisions" that he made during the game...Fluck Fores, that ungrateful slime...no wonder Bill wanted nothing to do with him after the game ended...
I didn’t see that I turned off the game after the Last Dolphins Gesecki TD.
Was it really bad the handshake at the end?

This is the absolute definition of nepotism.

No, it is not.

Nepotism is being given a role solely because of your relationship to those in power.

Steve is clearly climbing up the ranks. You could say that nepotism gave him his start and I wouldn't argue there but looking at the way the units he has had partial or complete coaching control over have performed there's no question that he's doing a very good job.

You're just going to keep doubling down on this because you think it sounds like a good platitude but I'm not going to hold who Steve's dad is against him and I think he deserves a ton of credit for how good our DBs are playing.

This is the absolute definition of nepotism. When you go to a prominent position having never done anything before. It's because of his father. If he didn't have the last name, he would have a much less prominent role. I'm sure a guy like Flores looks at him and thinks, I put 20 years in, and I played the game at a high level (ACC), and I didn't get to Steve's position until I was 37! I mean, his first job was DB coach in 2016.

Both Belikids worked their way up from grunt work to where they are now. Hell Bill is most probably harder on them than anyone else on the staff exactly for the reason that they are family.

Their name got them a foot into the door the same way as McDaniel's father friendship with Saban got him a coaching assistant job at Michigan State. Have McVay or Kyle Shanahan also been a disaster because of their names ?

The reality is that many people in almost every business get their opportunity through some kind of network. What they do with that chance is on them. And so far it is absolutely impossible to deny that he has done a great job in his role.

You could argue that BB got his start due to the connections of his own father. Maybe not nepotism but the outcome was the same. I assume that growing up in a coaching family is a huge advantage and maybe both of his kids have learned much of his special sauce. They would both probably benefit from going to other teams at some point to prove themselves. Maybe one ends up leading a 1 seed like Kyle Shanahan,

Both Belikids worked their way up from grunt work to where they are now.

:rolleyes:

C'mon! Working your way up is what the other non-connected coaches did. Please. Look at the resume of most non-connected coaches.

No, it is not.

Nepotism is being given a role solely because of your relationship to those in power.

Steve is clearly climbing up the ranks. You could say that nepotism gave him his start and I wouldn't argue there but looking at the way the units he has had partial or complete coaching control over have performed there's no question that he's doing a very good job.

You're just going to keep doubling down on this because you think it sounds like a good platitude but I'm not going to hold who Steve's dad is against him and I think he deserves a ton of credit for how good our DBs are playing.

The credit for how our CBs are playing goes to the players themselves who are grizzled veterans for the most part (McCourty, McCourty, Harmon, Chung, Gilmore), then Flores and the real coaches before them.

It doesn't go to Steve Belichick.

All these players know more about the nuances of their position than Steve Belichick does.

Where in your delusional mind did you get the impression that I was comparing him to Brady? I know you think that Tom will play until age 70, but I'm afraid that's just a fantasy.

You mentioned Brady ! That's what I was responding to! You wrote the WRs Brady is "saddled with." He did well with those guys, but for Brady those guys suck!

:rolleyes:

C'mon! Working your way up is what the other non-connected coaches did. Please. Look at the resume of most non-connected coaches.

They started at the ground floor like anyone who is coming into this organization. Whether that one is called McDaniels, Schuplinski or Belichick. Just because others had a more difficult journey to get their foot into the door it doesn't mean that they faced anything different than anyone else once they were in.

They started at the ground floor like anyone who is coming into this organization. Whether that one is called McDaniels, Schuplinski or Belichick. Just because others had a more difficult journey to get their foot into the door it doesn't mean that they faced anything different than anyone else once they were in.

Do you seriously believe this?

Do you seriously believe this?

Why would I believe anything else ? Exactly when did BB ever strike you as someone who hands out things ? Almost everyone gets their foot into the door with the Patriots through a contact. But everything else is up to them.

Why would I believe anything else ? Exactly when did BB ever strike you as someone who hands out things ? Almost everyone gets their foot into the door with the Patriots through a contact. But everything else is up to them.

He doesn't give anyone anything ... except his son. It's pretty clear.

He doesn't give anyone anything ... except his son. It's pretty clear.

Dude you're doing that thing where a person says something and then gradually doubles down on it to the point that they've backed themselves into a corner and now you're basically saying that a coach on this team doesn't deserve to be where they are which is insane not only because it's ridiculously out of character for Belichick but it's doubly insane given how well the units Steve has coached have done ever since he started coaching them.

If you aren't careful you're going to find yourself rooting against Steve just because you want to be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST