PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Say Goodbye To Van Noy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asante Samuel, Akeem Hicks, Logan Ryan, Trey Flowers, Ted Larsen, Ben Watson, BenJarvus Green-Ellis. Even guys like Jon Halapio, Daryl Roberts, Jeremy Mincey, Josh Kline, and Kamu Grugier-Hill have had solid careers elsewhere relative to where they were drafted.

Law Firm was a JAG.

Asante Samuels & Logan Ryan were/are good players after they left

Trey Flowers ... remains to be seen if he lives up to his 90 million dollar contract...

BenJarvus Green-Ellis lasted just two years in Cincy...

Akiem Hicks was here for 13 games ... he played here, but is not what I consider a "Patriot" player... was basically here for a cup of coffee ...

Ted Larsen, Kamu GH, Darryl Roberts, Jon Halapio, Jeremy Mincey never played in a single regular season game for the Patriots... so not sure what your point is with them

The best player, the one with the most success, to leave New England is Adam Vinteri ...

KVN is a good player for New England. I would hate to see him leave. But if he gets a contract offer for 9/10/11/12 a year, and the Pats won't/can't match, I won't blame him for leaving ... thats a life changing amount of money ... I also don't think he will play as well for another team as he has done here.
Flowers had a nearly identical year this year to last year stats-wise so so far, so good.

BJGE had a career high in rushing yards his first year in Cincy. He was pretty much the same player here as he was there.

Akiem Hicks while only here for a little while was another guy we got off the scrap heap and played really well for us. Bill offered him a last minute deal but he ended up on the Bears and became an All-Pro.

Ted Larsen, Kamu GH, Darryl Roberts, Jon Halapio, and Jeremy Mincey were all under contract at some point as a Patriot and we let walk for whatever reasons. Did they leave and light the world on fire? No but it goes against the notion that no one who leaves here ever does anything else in the league.

Law Firm was a JAG.
Indeed he was but he was equally as JAGgy in his two years with the Bengals. He didn't leave here and do any worse was basically my point.

So much absurdity to unpack here.

Not that much actually.

You cant fault them for trying to get as much as possible in the short time they have to earn. You have never left a job for another one that pays better? You didn't take a job out of college and learn and hone your skills and then leverage your knowledge and experience into a new position or at a new company?

Just for the record: I don’t fault anyone for wanting more money. That’s only natural. But to pound one’s own chest, implying you ‘deserve’ it, that’s different.

As for Van Noy he was what he was with the Lions but in the last year and a half he has been one of the better LB's in the league. Certainly far above average and someone will pay him accordingly.

He may leverage his playing days for the Pats, but that won’t necessarily translate to a different team. (Re: Solder, Collins, Blount, Chung, etc.). I think Jimmy G is the only guy that comes to (my) memory where I felt we really let someone go and he flourish somewhere else.

Butler may have "thought of himself as the best corner in the league" but I doubt it was because of "that one catch". Just about every corner in the league when asked claims they're the best corner in the league. It is the nature of the position and a mentality that is needed to play there. He did get paid by Tennessee and I was happy for him. By league standards he was vastly underpaid while he was here so I guess it all evens out.

That’s your opinion and you are certainly entitled for one, but let’s be honest… Have you heard the name ‘Butler’ surface since he left?

I'm not sure what makes Collins a "wise guy" unless you consider leveraging his success in New England into a big money deal with the Browns. If so then yes getting paid as much as possible generally seems like a "wise" idea. If getting paid handsomely was the "lesson" he learned then he may be learning another lesson this offseason as someone else will likely pay him again.

Wise guy in that he wanted more than he was worth. He got into the me-first mantra and all he cared about was getting paid. Bottom line is…. Getting paid and being happy after the fact do not correlate 1:1. Look at OBJ with the Browns. Yes he was traded, and he sure as hell getting paid. You think he’s happy playing for that pile of 5hit?

Blount was always a JAG but he did what the team needed him to do for the most part. The team essentially let him walk and then he forced his way off the Steelers and ended up back in New England. We claimed him off waivers so it's not like he was standing outside Gillette with a "will work for food" sign. We asked him to come back essentially.

That’s your argument. I’m of the belief he worked something behind the scenes to get released by the Steelers and picked up by the Pats. You can call it ridiculous, but I believe there was more than divine intervention in there.

Chung signed in Philly with his college coach after a relatively subpar stint here. Then they cut him and we re-signed him. I again am not really sure what your point is.

Ever heard of the saying “come have come home to roost”? That’s my point!

Pretty much the only thing I agree with you on in this cluster*ck of a post is that the Boogeymen thing was premature. They beat up on weak opponents and have been repeatedly punched in the mouth by good teams and probably should keep the Boogeymen moniker under the bed.

At least we agree on something ;)

(1) make up premature moniker ("the boogeyman"); (2) get paid.

Kvn has too big of a mouth. Asked about his future he should say "I'm nog looking past subday" and leave at that.

Sanu should almost be cut noe. Another 3rd down drop hit him in the hands last week. Feet are almost as slow as harry's.
No one is signing that turkey for more than peanuts next year.

Shame they wasted brady's last year. Two high draft picks barely saw the field. Top draft pick has slow feet. Can't get open.

At this point i feel like belichick should ask atlanta for a 4th he got fleeced so badly. Even though it's ridiculous they should ask for it just to highlight their incompetence even more. Worst trade of the year by far.

Chandler Jones was a big loss for the Pats. Completely understand why they did it and the costs associated but he would have been a great addition to this defense. He's on a HOF trajectory.

Not that much actually.

Just for the record: I don’t fault anyone for wanting more money. That’s only natural. But to pound one’s own chest, implying you ‘deserve’ it, that’s different.

He may leverage his playing days for the Pats, but that won’t necessarily translate to a different team. (Re: Solder, Collins, Blount, Chung, etc.). I think Jimmy G is the only guy that comes to (my) memory where I felt we really let someone go and he flourish somewhere else.

That’s your opinion and you are certainly entitled for one, but let’s be honest… Have you heard the name ‘Butler’ surface since he left?

Wise guy in that he wanted more than he was worth. He got into the me-first mantra and all he cared about was getting paid. Bottom line is…. Getting paid and being happy after the fact do not correlate 1:1. Look at OBJ with the Browns. Yes he was traded, and he sure as hell getting paid. You think he’s happy playing for that pile of 5hit?

That’s your argument. I’m of the belief he worked something behind the scenes to get released by the Steelers and picked up by the Pats. You can call it ridiculous, but I believe there was more than divine intervention in there.

Ever heard of the saying “come have come home to roost”? That’s my point!

At least we agree on something ;)

If you feel your are good at what you do then you should always feel you're worth more. I feel like I perform well in my profession and I am always looking to prove I deserve more money. If you're fine punching the clock and just happy to have a paycheck then more power to you but some people are hardwired to want to excel at their craft.

I am not saying the Patriots don't pay anyone. I am saying that they almost never set the market. Gilmore and Adalius Thomas are the only two that come to mind. As I mentioned in another post in this thread some players we didn't re-sign had success elsewhere (Asante Samuel and Logan Ryan to name a couple) and then Jimmy like you mentioned as well as Chandler Jones and Jacoby Brissett have performed well after being traded.

When it comes to Collins he hasn't learned anything. He is going to leave again and get paid again. Is he enjoying having success? I am sure he probably is. Would he trade the $2 million he is making this year with good numbers for last year where he was making $10 million? Something tells me he would.

You seem to think these guys value winning above all else. I used to think that was the case until Twitter came along and you get to see firsthand how these guys act toward fans and about wins or losses in general. I am not saying every player values money over wins or team success but I think the majority would take a major contract over a successful year.

Chandler Jones was a big loss for the Pats. Completely understand why they did it and the costs associated but he would have been a great addition to this defense. He's on a HOF trajectory.

Chandler Jones amounted essentially to Gilmore (the money) + Thuney + Mitchell.

I think both sides ended up winners on that one.

You’re not going to be wrong. Unless something changes in the postseason, Van Noy has been talking more than producing of late. I think he’ll price himself out of New England if that’s what he wants. Sanu has been useless. Desperation trade because the front office **** the bed two years in a row at the WR position and missed on some options in the draft at TE. He’s likely gone too.
Sanu is under contract next year.

The draftniks project every Tom, **** & Harry that high until they show warts in college. Tell me where they are drafted when the scouts have their say, and I'll believe it. Look at this year, in fact, when guys like Fromm and Love are projected as 1st rounders by some.
Well, he had better stats in his first preseason in pretty much every category than Jimmy G did. Seems to have worked out pretty well for Jimmy.

Flowers had a nearly identical year this year to last year stats-wise so so far, so good.
and thats worth 90 million dollars?

BJGE had a career high in rushing yards his first year in Cincy. He was pretty much the same player here as he was there.
touchdowns cut nearly in half ... ypc down a full half yard, below 4 ... played only 2 years on a 3 year contract... was never picked up by another team, so pardon me if i mark this down as a fail
Akiem Hicks while only here for a little while was another guy we got off the scrap heap and played really well for us. Bill offered him a last minute deal but he ended up on the Bears and became an All-Pro.
not an all-pro ... a pro bowler ... BIG difference... he was here for 13 games... if you want to categorize that as a "Patriot Player" success story, that's on you
Ted Larsen, Kamu GH, Darryl Roberts, Jon Halapio, and Jeremy Mincey were all under contract at some point as a Patriot and we let walk for whatever reasons. Did they leave and light the world on fire? No but it goes against the notion that no one who leaves here ever does anything else in the league.
They were all cut ... and add nothing to whatever it is you want to prove... their development as players came from other franchises, other coaches, etc ... not the one off season they spent in New England...

and thats worth 90 million dollars?

touchdowns cut nearly in half ... ypc down a full half yard, below 4 ... played only 2 years on a 3 year contract... was never picked up by another team, so pardon me if i mark this down as a fail

not an all-pro ... a pro bowler ... BIG difference... he was here for 13 games... if you want to categorize that as a "Patriot Player" success story, that's on you

They were all cut ... and add nothing to whatever it is you want to prove... their development as players came from other franchises, other coaches, etc ... not the one off season they spent in New England...
Whether or not you think Flowers is overpaid is beside the point. The point is that he is performing the same way he did in New England. So he did go on to have success so far.

BJGE was a JAG here and a JAG there. He played at arguably the same level and didn't play an equal amount of seasons because he played in Cincy in his late 20's. Once again he didn't leave New England and just disappear.

My bad for some reason I thought Hicks was an All-Pro. Either way we made a move for him and he played well for us and has actually played even better for the Bears.

And my point for Halapio and those guys is that at one point they were on our team. Then they left. They had some moderate level of success.

See a theme here?

My point isn't that the Patriots don't pay. It isn't that other teams overpay or not. My point is that the Patriots have had players on their team that have gone on to have success for other franchises.

See a theme here?

only thing i see here is
BLT4E5u.jpg

Should we back up the brinks truck?

Well, he had better stats in his first preseason in pretty much every category than Jimmy G did. Seems to have worked out pretty well for Jimmy.

Really? Is this what we've come to? Better stats in a preseason game?

Like Flowers, let him walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back