PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Say Goodbye To Van Noy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. KVN has played well here, but, and this is insane for me to say, I agree with Felger ... KVN is a bit of an arrogant prick. The Boogeyman nonsense is exhibit ‘A’.

And now talking about his future while his current team’s season is still underway? Bleh.
An arrogant prick who who plays well on the field and does a ton of charity work off the field? Yeah what a jerk!

My guess is Dolphins.
It hurt to see Trent Harris make a great play for the sack against us he’s a guy I liked tool box Trent.
O well great steal by Flores
There is going to be a lot of free agent pats heading south to miami. They have a sh!t load of cap space. This off season will be patriots Armageddon.

Yep. KVN has played well here, but, and this is insane for me to say, I agree with Felger ... KVN is a bit of an arrogant prick. The Boogeyman nonsense is exhibit ‘A’.

And now talking about his future while his current team’s season is still underway? Bleh.
He was specifically asked about his future and answered the question. To be fair, that’s also exactly the kind of question I’d expect from Curran, who always seems to be more worried about offseason departures than the games that are actually going on.

I like KVN and want him to stay. That being said if its true hes representative of a number of players that have been rescued from the trash heap and have had their careers rejuvenated (he was a bench warmer in Detroit) only to turn on the team that helped resurect his career and demand big money or else. The worst being Deion Lewis.

Out of that group only JMac is most probably a goner. Burkhead seems like someone everyone wants to cut at some point but 3m is not much and when used at the right amount (and not injured) can always provide a spark.

HT, Sanu, Andrews (if deemed healthy), Chung and Harmon (both cheap) are also pretty much save.

Agree other than HT and Chung.

Just too much tread on the tire and both are players with histories of nicks/dings. Chung especially has looked like a shell of himself this season. Looks slow and gets up gingerly after virtually every collision.

Maybe HT sticks. I see no way Chung is around next season.

Felger!!!!!!(!(!*!*

Losing to the Dolphins has made this board lose its sh**!

I would’ve said the same thing before the Dolphins loss.

An arrogant prick who who plays well on the field and does a ton of charity work off the field? Yeah what a jerk!

Hey man, you brought “jerk” into this, not me. I just think he’s a little bit arrogant, not a jerk. :D

He can be a good player and a good person off the field and still be a bit of an arrogant prick; those things aren’t mutually exclusive.

Just too much tread on the tire and both are players with histories of nicks/dings. Chung especially has looked like a shell of himself this season. Looks slow and gets up gingerly after virtually every collision.

It'll be interesting with Chung. Owed $5.9m in 2020 and if cut $3.9m in dead $.

Weird way to treat a guy that was a big part in winning two Super Bowls.

I swear we have some of the worst fans sometimes.

OK, let’s set the records straight. Was he part of 2 super bowl winning teams? Sure…. But is he the second coming of Khalil Mack or Jadeveon Clowney? – players who practically carry half of the defense on their shoulders? LOL… yeah, no, didn’t think so. The way I see it, unless you are one of a kind player, like those 2, keep your mouth shut.

KVN was a JAG on the Lions. No one even knew his name before he joined the Pats, and he still is nothing more than an above average LB. To hear him talk about getting paid just days after hearing him say they will be treating the Miami game like a playoff game, and then blowing a first round bye, is infuriating beyond belief. How about you redeem yourself in the playoffs first before you start talking about getting paid. You’re not Khalil Mack – you can be replaced fairly easily.

We have had a few others like KVN in the past who overestimated themselves before hitting FA…. Guys like Butler who was a decent corner with one great pick in the end zone to seal a championship. Thought himself as the best corner in the league because of that one catch – never mind they practiced that play dozens of times beforehand. He didn’t like the offer NE gave him. Now he’s ‘getting paid’ in Tennessee….

Another wise guy whose ego was writing checks his body couldn’t cover is Jamie Collins…. Got his *** traded to the Browns. Learned his lesson, now he’s back in NE, playing lights out after learning to appreciate winning over money.

Blount…. Another example. Got caught up in the Patriots coolaid and thought he was worth more…. Went to the Steelers just to return with his tails between his legs.

Chung…. The Eagles experiment…. ‘nuff said.

This boogiemen nonsense is the biggest joke of this year. Sure they were manhandling opponents in the first half of the season. But who did they really ‘manhandle’? LOL…. They Got exposed as soon as the schedule entered the 2nd half of the season and they started facing real QBs… Got absolutely embarrassed by the Ravens, lost to the Chiefs (don’t care to hear about refs blowing calls – never leave a game to refs), lost to the Texans SMH, and MOST IMPORTANTLY: LOST TO THE GODDAMN FITZPATRICK-LED DOLPHINS AT HOME – a must-win game they called a ‘playoff game’ with a first round bye on the line. LOL WHAT?!?!? :mad:

Give me a f***ing break. You want to get paid? Talk is cheap…. Let’s see you perform – an ELITE level. The only guy on this defense who I think has ‘earned’ the right to ask for money is Gilmore. The rest of them are good, but nothing spectacular. The sum of this defense is bigger than its parts, and that’s a fact!

Asante Samuel, Akeem Hicks, Logan Ryan, Trey Flowers, Ted Larsen, Ben Watson, BenJarvus Green-Ellis. Even guys like Jon Halapio, Daryl Roberts, Jeremy Mincey, Josh Kline, and Kamu Grugier-Hill have had solid careers elsewhere relative to where they were drafted.

Asante Samuels & Logan Ryan were/are good players after they left

Trey Flowers ... remains to be seen if he lives up to his 90 million dollar contract...

BenJarvus Green-Ellis lasted just two years in Cincy...

Akiem Hicks was here for 13 games ... he played here, but is not what I consider a "Patriot" player... was basically here for a cup of coffee ...

Ted Larsen, Kamu GH, Darryl Roberts, Jon Halapio, Jeremy Mincey never played in a single regular season game for the Patriots... so not sure what your point is with them

The best player, the one with the most success, to leave New England is Adam Vinteri ...

KVN is a good player for New England. I would hate to see him leave. But if he gets a contract offer for 9/10/11/12 a year, and the Pats won't/can't match, I won't blame him for leaving ... thats a life changing amount of money ... I also don't think he will play as well for another team as he has done here.

It'll be interesting with Chung. Owed $5.9m in 2020 and if cut $3.9m in dead $.
Chung ... i'm thinking all will depend on how his case in New Hampshire(?) and the NFL looming suspension plays out ... might be a candidate for a reworked deal ... although the remaining length (2 years) might affect any remedy they could work out

Chung ... i'm thinking all will depend on how his case in New Hampshire(?) and the NFL looming suspension plays out ... might be a candidate for a reworked deal ... although the remaining length (2 years) might affect any remedy they could work out
I bet he gets probation or it's dismissed. He's not going to jail.

I bet he gets probation or it's dismissed. He's not going to jail.
even if its dismissed, I am thinking at the very least a 4 game suspension is headed his way... not sure what that does for his cap hit though, tbh

even if its dismissed, I am thinking at the very least a 4 game suspension is headed his way... not sure what that does for his cap hit though, tbh

I would not be surprised if he was suspended. Cap hit is the same

For anyone interested, this is the easiest look at cap space:

New England Patriots Salary Cap | Over the Cap (click on the 2020 tab).

Some savings (from good players):

Hightower - $8.875M
Sanu - $6.5M
Chung - $2M
J. McCourty - $4M
Harmon - $4.25M
Gostkowski - $3.8M
Burkhead - $3M
Andrews - $3.4M

I'm NOT suggesting we will, or should, cut them all. But it's interesting that it adds up to about $36M in savings. That would put us close to $80M in cap space (somewhat fake as even minimum salaries to fill the roster would eat into that).

Maybe they can restructure Hightower to free up cap space. Sanu probably would refuse, since hes due the money anyways and the only other option for the team would be to release him to FA where he would score a big payday from somebody

All the others are pretty good bargains IMO

If we could get back even half the big plays Chung and Jones have given up this year, we'd at minimum have a bye, and might have home-field throughout.

OK, let’s set the records straight. Was he part of 2 super bowl winning teams? Sure…. But is he the second coming of Khalil Mack or Jadeveon Clowney? – players who practically carry half of the defense on their shoulders? LOL… yeah, no, didn’t think so. The way I see it, unless you are one of a kind player, like those 2, keep your mouth shut.

KVN was a JAG on the Lions. No one even knew his name before he joined the Pats, and he still is nothing more than an above average LB. To hear him talk about getting paid just days after hearing him say they will be treating the Miami game like a playoff game, and then blowing a first round bye, is infuriating beyond belief. How about you redeem yourself in the playoffs first before you start talking about getting paid. You’re not Khalil Mack – you can be replaced fairly easily.

We have had a few others like KVN in the past who overestimated themselves before hitting FA…. Guys like Butler who was a decent corner with one great pick in the end zone to seal a championship. Thought himself as the best corner in the league because of that one catch – never mind they practiced that play dozens of times beforehand. He didn’t like the offer NE gave him. Now he’s ‘getting paid’ in Tennessee….

Another wise guy whose ego was writing checks his body couldn’t cover is Jamie Collins…. Got his *** traded to the Browns. Learned his lesson, now he’s back in NE, playing lights out after learning to appreciate winning over money.

Blount…. Another example. Got caught up in the Patriots coolaid and thought he was worth more…. Went to the Steelers just to return with his tails between his legs.

Chung…. The Eagles experiment…. ‘nuff said.

This boogiemen nonsense is the biggest joke of this year. Sure they were manhandling opponents in the first half of the season. But who did they really ‘manhandle’? LOL…. They Got exposed as soon as the schedule entered the 2nd half of the season and they started facing real QBs… Got absolutely embarrassed by the Ravens, lost to the Chiefs (don’t care to hear about refs blowing calls – never leave a game to refs), lost to the Texans SMH, and MOST IMPORTANTLY: LOST TO THE GODDAMN FITZPATRICK-LED DOLPHINS AT HOME – a must-win game they called a ‘playoff game’ with a first round bye on the line. LOL WHAT?!?!? :mad:

Give me a f***ing break. You want to get paid? Talk is cheap…. Let’s see you perform – an ELITE level. The only guy on this defense who I think has ‘earned’ the right to ask for money is Gilmore. The rest of them are good, but nothing spectacular. The sum of this defense is bigger than its parts, and that’s a fact!
So much absurdity to unpack here.

You cant fault them for trying to get as much as possible in the short time they have to earn. You have never left a job for another one that pays better? You didn't take a job out of college and learn and hone your skills and then leverage your knowledge and experience into a new position or at a new company?

As for Van Noy he was what he was with the Lions but in the last year and a half he has been one of the better LB's in the league. Certainly far above average and someone will pay him accordingly.

Butler may have "thought of himself as the best corner in the league" but I doubt it was because of "that one catch". Just about every corner in the league when asked claims they're the best corner in the league. It is the nature of the position and a mentality that is needed to play there. He did get paid by Tennessee and I was happy for him. By league standards he was vastly underpaid while he was here so I guess it all evens out.

I'm not sure what makes Collins a "wise guy" unless you consider leveraging his success in New England into a big money deal with the Browns. If so then yes getting paid as much as possible generally seems like a "wise" idea. If getting paid handsomely was the "lesson" he learned then he may be learning another lesson this offseason as someone else will likely pay him again.

Blount was always a JAG but he did what the team needed him to do for the most part. The team essentially let him walk and then he forced his way off the Steelers and ended up back in New England. We claimed him off waivers so it's not like he was standing outside Gillette with a "will work for food" sign. We asked him to come back essentially.

Chung signed in Philly with his college coach after a relatively subpar stint here. Then they cut him and we re-signed him. I again am not really sure what your point is.

Pretty much the only thing I agree with you on in this cluster*ck of a post is that the Boogeymen thing was premature. They beat up on weak opponents and have been repeatedly punched in the mouth by good teams and probably should keep the Boogeymen moniker under the bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back