PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Say Goodbye To Van Noy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably cause im older or quite satisfied with 6 rings, but EVERY player should try to get PAID every penny he can get. Careers can end on EVERY play. Get paid, and try to stay healthy and have a long career, and for the few that BURN to win and not just get paid, find as many of them as you can.
I’m not young. And I won’t fault those who go for the Max $. However, I’d be fine making millions at the place I prefer and leave money on the table. I’m not really into material things and I think I’d be able to set myself up with whatever the Patriots offered. I’d much rather make 4.5M$ in Seattle than 5.7M$ in Birmingham, for instance.

Dude you're doing that thing where a person says something and then gradually doubles down on it to the point that they've backed themselves into a corner and now you're basically saying that a coach on this team doesn't deserve to be where they are which is insane not only because it's ridiculously out of character for Belichick but it's doubly insane given how well the units Steve has coached have done ever since he started coaching them.

If you aren't careful you're going to find yourself rooting against Steve just because you want to be right.

I just find it stunning that you don't see it. Belichick has been impeccable. But this is his son. Clearly his position is only the result of the fact that Belichick is his father. I find it incredibly hard to believe that anyone would think otherwise. If his name weren't Belichick, he wouldn't be doing what he's doing. Do I think this is a guy that will eventually be coaching at a high level when Belichick retires? No, I do not.

He doesn't give anyone anything ... except his son. It's pretty clear.

He has been working his way up since 2012. Nothing more was given to him than to McDaniels or anyone else that gets their feet into the door via recommendation of someone else. But you get hung up on someones name instead of acknowledging that maybe same as with BB the fact that his father had all that insight and he grew up around football provides for a head start on things.

And what has been pretty clear is that he has been doing an impeccable job together with Mayo. This was the best the Pats defense has looked in a sustained way over a full season in a long time.

Stop projecting your own insecurities and issues on others.

Do you actually think someone can't focus on their job while also saying they're looking forward to a raise? ************, why do people lose all grip of how the world actually works when it comes to the NFL?
Substitute someone with Malcolm Butler

Do not blame KVN, but this is how the Pats do business they will allow him to shop his services elsewhere and then see if they want to match the offer..

If not it has been a good two years, and thanks to BB & crew KVN's career and worth has increased significantly.. but as in so many of these guys he may go elsewhere and be mediocre...

I see significant turnover for this team next year on both sides of the ball...

He has been working his way up since 2012. Nothing more was given to him than to McDaniels or anyone else that gets their feet into the door via recommendation of someone else. But you get hung up on someones name instead of acknowledging that maybe same as with BB the fact that his father had all that insight and he grew up around football provides for a head start on things.

And what has been pretty clear is that he has been doing an impeccable job together with Mayo. This was the best the Pats defense has looked in a sustained way over a full season in a long time.

Stop projecting your own insecurities and issues on others.

LOL--wow, message board psychiatrist here. You don't know me from Adam.
& to deny the clear case of nepotism here is total lunacy. Incredible.

LOL--wow, message board psychiatrist here. You don't know me from Adam.
& to deny the clear case of nepotism here is total lunacy. Incredible.

There is no clear case of nepotism, this is only happening in your head.

The young Belichick has not been given anything and had to earn every promotion as he started at the ground floor. Just like Patricia, McDaniels and anyone else who has a different surname. Guess how Jim Schwartz got his start in the NFL ? Yeah, personal recommendation by someone who was connected to Belichick.

Welcome to the real world where networking and developing personal relationships matter to get a start.

Why you keep harping on someone who has done an amazing job with the best DB unit in the league is beyond me.

There is no clear case of nepotism, this is only happening in your head.

The young Belichick has not been given anything and had to earn every promotion as he started at the ground floor. Just like Patricia, McDaniels and anyone else who has a different surname. Guess how Jim Schwartz got his start in the NFL ? Yeah, personal recommendation by someone who was connected to Belichick.

Welcome to the real world where networking and developing personal relationships matter to get a start.

Why you keep harping on someone who has done an amazing job with the best DB unit in the league is beyond me.

Whether he's the greatest coach of the future or not, it's nepotism. I suggest you get a dictionary and look the word up. Clearly, he wouldn't be there without his father. Also, stay off the coffee.

Van Noy is good but replaceable .... I’d rather keep Collins

And what has been pretty clear is that he has been doing an impeccable job together with Mayo...
Yeah, great job they did last Sunday...when it actually mattered...real great...

Flowers had a nearly identical year this year to last year stats-wise so so far, so good.

BJGE had a career high in rushing yards his first year in Cincy. He was pretty much the same player here as he was there.

Akiem Hicks while only here for a little while was another guy we got off the scrap heap and played really well for us. Bill offered him a last minute deal but he ended up on the Bears and became an All-Pro.

Ted Larsen, Kamu GH, Darryl Roberts, Jon Halapio, and Jeremy Mincey were all under contract at some point as a Patriot and we let walk for whatever reasons. Did they leave and light the world on fire? No but it goes against the notion that no one who leaves here ever does anything else in the league.

LeGarrette Blount and Chris Long went on to win a Super Bowl with the Eagles after they got cut from the Patriots...against the Patriots, ironically.

Adam VinVinati also won a Super Bowl with the Colts.

Whether he's the greatest coach of the future or not, it's nepotism. I suggest you get a dictionary and look the word up. Clearly, he wouldn't be there without his father. Also, stay off the coffee.

You are just being obtuse by trying to hide behind the literal meaning of the word.

In reality practically every hire has been some kind of nepotism. McDaniels was only hired because he knew Caserio. Ziegler -- the guy in line behind Caserio -- was only hired because he knew McDaniels from his time in Denver. Mayo became instantly LB coach without any coaching experience because of his experience with BB. The same way Belichick Jr got a grunt level assistant job in 2012.

But since then he has worked his ass off and earned every promotion with hard work and results. And led this defense -- together with Mayo -- to be one of the best in the league this year. If that is the result of nepotism then maybe we need more of that instead of hiring people that keep failing upwards because they "fake it til they make it".

You are just embarrassing yourself with your jealousy of people that had a break getting their feet into the business but are completely ignoring their hard and successful work since then.

But cool lets just call anyone who has had successful parents automatically a failure that only had any results in their lifes because of their name. What a wonderfully simple world.

LeGarrette Blount and Chris Long went on to win a Super Bowl with the Eagles after they got cut from the Patriots...against the Patriots, ironically.

Adam VinVinati also won a Super Bowl with the Colts.
Blount and Long were free agents. So was AV

You are just being obtuse by trying to hide behind the literal meaning of the word.

In reality practically every hire has been some kind of nepotism. McDaniels was only hired because he knew Caserio. Ziegler -- the guy in line behind Caserio -- was only hired because he knew McDaniels from his time in Denver. Mayo became instantly LB coach without any coaching experience because of his experience with BB. The same way Belichick Jr got a grunt level assistant job in 2012.

But since then he has worked his ass off and earned every promotion with hard work and results. And led this defense -- together with Mayo -- to be one of the best in the league this year. If that is the result of nepotism then maybe we need more of that instead of hiring people that keep failing upwards because they "fake it til they make it".

You are just embarrassing yourself with your jealousy of people that had a break getting their feet into the business but are completely ignoring their hard and successful work since then.

But cool lets just call anyone who has had successful parents automatically a failure that only had any results in their lifes because of their name. What a wonderfully simple world.

What you're missing is that the vast majority of these hires do not advance to DC in a short few years, and most don't advance at all. The vast majority in fact.

What you're missing is that the vast majority of these hires do not advance to DC in a short few years, and most don't advance at all. The vast majority in fact.

I was not missing that. In fact I was hoping you would go that direction.

McDaniels went from assistant (2001) to OC (2005) in 4 seasons. Patricia was hired in 2004 and -- even though wasn't officially named DC, which BBJr also isn't right now -- he was calling defensive plays after Peas left in 2009. So thats about 5 seasons.

Belichick Jr. was hired in 2012 and didnt start co-calling plays until this year. You do the math.. he has had the exactly same trajectory as most others.

Hell, if other teams would have started poaching our defensive coaches earlier Flores (first assistant job 2008 - DC 2018) would have been DC faster than Belichick Jr. but his ascend was stopped by Patricia staying put for a long time.

So, some are complaining that our DB coach hasn't done well enough? :)

There is no clear case of nepotism, this is only happening in your head..

Blount and Long were free agents. So was AV

Chose not to re-sign for reasons. They're the only ones I can think of (don't feel like searching EVERY Patriots player's history) that actually had success outside of the New England Patriots.

Will we keep ANY of D McCourty, J McCourty, Van Noy, Collins, Shelton, and Butler?

Some cap money is need on the offense, especially at QB, WR and TE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST