PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Saturday night could be TB12's last time wearing patriots uniform

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did NE address its WR and TE needs this year?
Drafted Harry in the first round, not his fault he got injured

Kept Gordon, not their fault he couldn’t not be a drug addict

Got Thomas, not their fault they needed to release him to make room for.....

Got Antonio Brown, not their fault he sexual harassed two women and was likely going to be placed on the exemption list

Traded for Sanu, not their fault he got injured on impact and never lived up to hype.

Sometimes you have to take step back and realize that things not working out is not the same as then not addressing an issue. They drafted the best WR they could get in the draft, signed the free agent on the market, kept a risk because of talent, and made the biggest trade deadline move for a WR.

Nobody could argue in any good faith that they didn’t attempt to address it

First round pick on Harry
Signed dorsett
Signed Thomas
Signed Gordon
Signed ab
Signed lacosse
Signed Watson
Signed asj
Signed kendricks

if you want the bar to be that every transaction works out every team fails.
Are you suggesting over the last 20 years the patriots have done a poor job of building a roster and filling their needs?

Last edited:
So many holes...
I’m truly baffled how BB will sufficiently fix all that is broken.
Beyond the lack of cap space to sign quality beyond the team’s chosen vets, where will a NFL quality TE come from?
What career minded free agent WR will accept a low ball contract to catch passes from an on-the-cusp of retirement QB coming off a dreadful season whose favorite targets are typically within 6 ft of the LOS? And given the team’s recent record of discarding/turning over WRs in training camp at an elevated rate, what WR in their right mind would think NE above all others. Aging JAGs will roll the dice, and that has been so effective.
Then there’s the Brady Circle of trust issue.

Will trading middle rounders be enough to fill holes all over the offense and departed defenders. The team likely needs to draft a kicker as well and BB typically drafts a round early to insure he gets his target.
The team needs an infusion of studs but doesn’t have the assets to obtain any... unless BB blows up the team and rebuilds.
Given next season’s brutal schedule, lack of assets, and aging/declining/injury plagued play makers.... why not start now?

Signed dorsett
Signed Thomas
Signed Gordon
Signed ab
Signed lacosse
Signed Watson
Signed ash
Signed kendricks

Are you suggesting over the last 20 years the patriots have done a poor job of building a roster and filling their needs?
Nobody thinks every transaction will work out. The question is what you have at the end of the day--can you field a competitive position group? The answer for the Patriots is clearly "no". After all the effort, WR and TE are not competitive. They are anchors on this offense still in need of playmakers and red zone targets and the biggest reason this team cannot keep pace with most playoff teams that simply have better weapons.

So many holes...
I’m truly baffled how BB will sufficiently fix all that is broken.
Beyond the lack of cap space to sign quality beyond the team’s chosen vets, where will a NFL quality TE come from?
What career minded free agent WR will accept a low ball contract to catch passes from an on-the-cusp of retirement QB coming off a dreadful season whose favorite targets are typically within 6 ft of the LOS? And given the team’s recent record of discarding/turning over WRs in training camp at an elevated rate, what WR in their right mind would think NE above all others. Aging JAGs will roll the dice, and that has been so effective.
Then there’s the Brady Circle of trust issue.

Will trading middle rounders be enough to fill holes all over the offense and departed defenders. The team likely needs to draft a kicker as well and BB typically drafts a round early to insure he gets his target.
The team needs an infusion of studs but doesn’t have the assets to obtain any... unless BB blows up the team and rebuilds.
Given next season’s brutal schedule, lack of assets, and aging/declining/injury plagued play makers.... why not start now?

Is Stidham "the answer-" probably not. However we do not know what the Patriots staff thinks of him and his potential. Many evaluators probably said the exact same thing about Brady. Sometimes you never know unless you give him a chance.
I agree with almost everything you are sayin. Worst case, Stidham flames out and they find out they need a different long term solution, however maybe they have a year or two or three to accumulate talent via low draft picks, waiver wire and we'll priced FA's.

If its not Stidham it would need to be some JAG veteran QB in the discounted bin who would come here for 1-2 years as a bridge. This is what the Dolphins got in Fitzpatrick at age 36.

Nobody thinks every transaction will work out. The question is what you have at the end of the day--can you field a competitive position group? The answer for the Patriots is clearly "no". After all the effort, WR and TE are not competitive. They are anchors on this offense still in need of playmakers and red zone targets and the biggest reason this team cannot keep pace with most playoff teams that simply have better weapons.
No the question was the patriots history in building a team and addressing needs. The lame response was “how did they adddress we and te this year” as if that would dispute the undeniable great record the team had in doing so.

Signed dorsett
Signed Thomas
Signed Gordon
Signed ab
Signed lacosse
Signed Watson
Signed ash
Signed kendricks

Thank you listing that pile of 5hit.

The exact reason why Brady is leaving.

Thank you listing that pile of 5hit.

The exact reason why Brady is leaving.
So let me get this straight.
You believe Brady is leaving New England because the organization doesn’t know how to put together a winning team. So he is going to the chargers?
What drugs are you on today?

I want Brady to hoist #7 this year and then I want to see what Stidham has. The NFL is no place for 43 year-old men other than kickers.

This is why I will never forgive Hand Job Bob from giving up so easily on Brown.

No the question was the patriots history in building a team and addressing needs. The lame response was “how did they adddress we and te this year” as if that would dispute the undeniable great record the team had in doing so.

Look at the entire conversation not just the lame response.

You mean like when he led them to the go ahead touchdown in the 4th quarter?
You have no clue.
I was referring to that unexcussable pick six when he should have thrown to Sony but decided to try to get the ball to JE. Blame BB for drafting a RB who can't catch maybe?

I was referring to that unexcussable pick six when he should have thrown to Sony but decided to try to get the ball to JE. Blame BB for drafting a RB who can't catch maybe?
He made a poor throw.
You called that “checked out mentally”.
That is beyond stupid to say.

That was Then; this is Now.

That was Then; this is Now.
I think we can be pretty confident after 20 years that Brady recognizes the patriots are better at building a winner than the chargers.

If Brady is going to crash and burn, I’d rather see it somewhere else.

he was goat for so long but can’t seem to quit when he should

I think we can be pretty confident after 20 years that Brady recognizes the patriots are better at building a winner than the chargers.
...and if Tom doesn't he shouldn't be here.

In the search for hidden clues regarding Brady’s NE future, I’ve been wondering....
For a player who has spent 20 seasons living in greater Boston, am I wrong to conclude that Brady has shied away from making any real connection in the local community?
And Gisele: looking at her substantial list of charitable endeavors.....none appear to be local.

Unique couple no doubt.
Privacy is certainly a priority, engagement within the local community apparently is not.

Not judging. If I were them, I would do exactly the same

My point: NE is where the job is, but probably not much else to them.

Legacy has been cemented
The “playing for only one team” narrative is sentimental drivel

Last edited:
If Brady is going to crash and burn, I’d rather see it somewhere else.

he was goat for so long but can’t seem to quit when he should
After all he has given for the team and us fans, Brady can go 0-16 the next 2 seasons and he'd still be my (our) guy. People griping and complaining because the offense didn't meet their expectation and feel like the "worst" 12-4 team in the entire history of the NFL...

Seriously, get behind TB and the team or just stop tuning in. Being a Pats fan is a great honor. Don't let social/media drive (the collective) you nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back