PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sanu explains why he was released

Yeah, it was a money issue, that was it....I think he mistook the paycut request wrong, it was. Hey Sanu, you are getting cut, not paycut.

We’ve done an analysis of what you‘re worth to us, based on expected performance…so…

1627164391582.gif

I believe it's cumulative knowledge gained. Once those practices are lost, those opportunities to teach are lost and you are behind.
That's not how it works, though. If it were a cumulative affect issue, they'd have gained coaching ground over the course of the season, which would have led to superior play. The starting point would be irrelevant to that process.

Wildly overblown, to put it mildly

It was 4 players who would have been lucky to make the team, 1 player who's basically a ST only guy, one player who was so sufficiently replaced that they shipped him out this offseason, one player who was replaced and retired this offseason, and Hightower.

Same loss of practice time for all teams, and how do you buy into that excuse when the team was struggling at least as much at the end of the season (after plenty of practices) as it was at the beginning?
I agree. It's just time to move on from 2020. We've had a couple of major transformational years during the BB era and last year was an anomaly for the reasons that made 2020 so unsatisfying.

2021 is shaping up to be the most interesting year since 2009 in my estimation. We did not know then what Brady would be able to do after coming off ACL surgery thanks to Bernard F'in Pollard, Josh McDaniels left for his unimpressive stint as HC of the Broncos, Richard Seymour departed for Oakland, Teddy Bruschi retired, Mike Vrabel left for the Chiefs, etc. That roster had an overhaul that was not as dramatic as this year but still left us worried about whether that team would compete. The 2009 team went 10-6 and ultimately got blown out in one of, if not the worst, playoff loss in the last 21 years.

I like what I see on paper and am looking forward to camp. If Newton or the rookie can steady the ship at QB, I think the 2021 version will be fine and go 11-6 or 12-5. If QB continues to be the dumpster fire it was in 2020, this will be a sub-500 team and possibly a bad one at that.

version will be fine and go 11-6 or 12-5.
It's going to take me most of the season to see 11-6 and not think "one and done" in the playoffs.

It's going to take me most of the season to see 11-6 and not think "one and done" in the playoffs.
It will take all 17 games to see 11-6. Get your grill and cooler ready.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back