PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sanchez: The sun came up, we knew it would, and there's nothing wrong with going 15-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sanchez: The sun came up, we knew it would, and there's nothing wrong with going

After Sunday it will be "Nothing wrong with going 14-2"

The guy is a bad quarterback, and is, obviously, clueless.

Re: Sanchez: The sun came up, we knew it would, and there's nothing wrong with going

Rex has set a bad example for this kid.

That's pretty much the worst thing to say. "Yeah, I couldn't get a first down to save my life last week, but the rest of you better watch out."

It's all good...... Keep talking, sanchize.

The Jets in general too: Keep up the chatter.

Did he mean 1 -15?

All the bluster just hides a bunch of fragile egos.

I know Schotty wants a couple of plays back, like you do every game, but we all had our share in this loss."

this is a far more worse comment IMO. whatever the coach called, you don't want to say anything like this esp for a 2nd yr guy.

The jets would have won easily if Cochery could hold on to a pass or if the team didn't try to set a penalty record.

Even at the end, if the receiver steps out after the first down marker there are still 36 ticks on the clock with the ball past the 40 needing a field goal.

Namath may have preferred a 30 yard do or die. I don't think that it had much of a chance of success. The jets had played an absolutely aweful game. The least the receiver could do was to secure the first down out of bounds. The coach and the quarterback put him in a position to do so. The team would then have had at least 3 more plays to try to set up a field goal.

In the end, I think that young Schotty's game plan had a better chance of beating the ravens than did Namath's. The penalties were aweful and yet the jets still had a chance at the end against arguably on of the top 5 teams in football and certainly one of the top 5 defenses.

With all respect to our analyst-posters, Brady would have had trouble passing with the jets offense yesterday. There were TWO wide receivers on the roster eho had ever caught a pass in the nfl. Those he had dropped easily catchable passes. The down markers apparently invisible. In the end, the jets did amazing well to have a chance at the end, given their penalties. The defense did its part. Obviously those offensive players called for penalties and dropping passes didn't do theirs.

The jets are a running team (the best in the nfl in 2009) who met one of the best running defenses in the league. The ravens were indeed immovable. When the running game failed, the jets could not get enough out of the worst passing game in the league (down a top receiver) to win. This shouldn't be a shocker.

Last edited:

I don't see anything wrong with what Sanchez said, except in the relatively harmless mistake of not knowing how football was played decades before he was born.

Question...

Did he make these comments from the balcony of his penthouse, while lining up a passing car with a shaving cream filled balloon?

This is very important. I'll hang up and listen.

The jets would have won easily if Cochery could hold on to a pass or if the team didn't try to set a penalty record.

Even at the end, if the receiver steps out after the first down marker there are still 36 ticks on the clock with the ball past the 40 needing a field goal.

Namath may have preferred a 30 yard do or die. I don't think that it had much of a chance of success. The jets had played an absolutely aweful game. The least the receiver could do was to secure the first down out of bounds. The coach and the quarterback put him in a position to do so. The team would then have had at least 3 more plays to try to set up a field goal.

In the end, I think that young Schotty's game plan had a better chance of beating the ravens than did Namath's. The penalties were aweful and yet the jets still had a chance at the end against arguably on of the top 5 teams in football and certainly one of the top 5 defenses.

No. No. NO. NO!

It's Schotty's fault that the O-line couldn't hold up.
It's Schotty's fault that Sanchez didn't listen to coaching and then sucked in the game.
It's Schotty's fault that a young running back put the ball on the carpet twice.
It's Schotty's fault that a veteran tight end didn't look for the forward marker and just ran pretty much straight out of bounds.
It's Schotty's fault that Braylon Edwards got away with illegally using a fellow player to get an edge on a special teams block, but got called for running into the kicker on the same play.

GET IT RIGHT, WILL YOU????!!!:mad:

/Jets fan

Why on earth would Sanchez say anything after his abysmal performance on Monday. He should be more concerned about completing a pass over 15 yards than getting 15 wins this season.

Why on earth would Sanchez say anything after his abysmal performance on Monday. He should be more concerned about completing a pass over 15 yards than getting 15 wins this season.
Rex is his Daddy, like father like son.

Offensive coordinators are easy to blame. Funny, even the best can't figure out how to move the ball when their quarterback is terrible, and you could put a monkey on the sidelines in NE and watch Tom Brady throw for 4500 yards. The plays were designed to move the ball with safe passes. No pass is 100% safe, but I'm guessing that in all the plays the Jets had, there were plenty of opportunities for Sanchez to make something happen.

Brave words, Sancheck.

(Which as nicknames go is right up there with Fireman unwEd for everyone's favorite Hard Knocks reality star)

He sounds like his coach which is obviously not a good sign

The sun will come out....

bsr-albums-mine-picture729-sanchize.jpg

The sun will come out....

bsr-albums-mine-picture729-sanchize.jpg

Little orphan Sanchez?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing