PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sanchez: The sun came up, we knew it would, and there's nothing wrong with going 15-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sanchez: The sun came up, we knew it would, and there's nothing wrong with going

The thing about this is that when the Jets don't go 15-1, Sanchez just looks like an idiot. I don't know why people put themselves into these situations. He should be locking himself in a closet after his pathetic performance on Sunday.

And then he could finally come out of the closet!

Attachments

• mark.sanchez.12.12.31.08.jpg
    mark.sanchez.12.12.31.08.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 61,775
Re: Sanchez: The sun came up, we knew it would, and there's nothing wrong with going

One thing is for certain, there's no shortage of ego and stupidity down at the Jets. It's a meshing of The Bold & The Beautiful crossed with Entourage. Soon the fan base will hope it turns into I Dream of Jeannie, because that's the only way they'll be experiencing success any time soon.

The jets would have won easily if Cochery could hold on to a pass or if the team didn't try to set a penalty record.

Even at the end, if the receiver steps out after the first down marker there are still 36 ticks on the clock with the ball past the 40 needing a field goal.

Namath may have preferred a 30 yard do or die. I don't think that it had much of a chance of success. The jets had played an absolutely awful game. The least the receiver could do was to secure the first down out of bounds. The coach and the quarterback put him in a position to do so. The team would then have had at least 3 more plays to try to set up a field goal.

In the end, I think that young Schotty's game plan had a better chance of beating the ravens than did Namath's. The penalties were awful and yet the jets still had a chance at the end against arguably on of the top 5 teams in football and certainly one of the top 5 defenses.

With all respect to our analyst-posters, Brady would have had trouble passing with the jets offense yesterday. There were TWO wide receivers on the roster eho had ever caught a pass in the NFL. Those he had dropped easily catchable passes. The down markers apparently invisible. In the end, the jets did amazing well to have a chance at the end, given their penalties. The defense did its part. Obviously those offensive players called for penalties and dropping passes didn't do theirs.

The jets are a running team (the best in the NFL in 2009) who met one of the best running defenses in the league. The ravens were indeed immovable. When the running game failed, the jets could not get enough out of the worst passing game in the league (down a top receiver) to win. This shouldn't be a shocker.

Everyone wants to cut the Jets some slack. Baloney! I want to criticize the horrible play calling of the SB contending Baltimore Ravens. They should have beaten the jets more soundly than we trashed the Bengals. At least the Bengals could run and pass. The Jets could do neither.

Lets call wide run. With fat, massive, pulling, Guards that take forever to get going and involve lots of running parallel to the LOS. Lets do that while the Jets are playing two man lines with a bundle of LBs and DBs crashing down on run blitz. I wonder why that doesn't work?!?

Lets do it for two downs and then throw and get a FD on completion and/or penalty. Lets do it again, and again, and again, until we foul up on a third down pass. And punt.

It looks like the kind of plays that the Pats specialized in the 4th Q with leads, trying to run the clock. Yet these clowns were doing it the whole game including the first Quarter and never changed.

The score should have been 28-9. Or more, since then Wrecks would have unleashed the "Kid" and they could have had three INTs too, and a strip sack or three.

The Jets didn't hold it close, the Ravens shot themselves in the foot, numerous times.

I think he's moved ahead of Peyton Manning on my dislike list. And inching towards Brett Favre. This guy is SUCH a db

I clicked on this assuming that the thread title was humorously paraphrasing something that Sanchecks (I like it!) had said. Then I saw that it's actually a direct quote.

Holy s#$%. What's wrong with that entire team? Isn't there just one guy to say that they need to shut up and do something?

Last edited:

I am really looking forward to Sunday.

The Jets didn't hold it close, the Ravens shot themselves in the foot, numerous times.

Your right, Baltimore almost fumbled that game away, they should have run away with it, thats the only reason it was close.

With all respect to our analyst-posters, Brady would have had trouble passing with the jets offense yesterday. There were TWO wide receivers on the roster eho had ever caught a pass in the nfl.
Saw this post and thought i'd pick on one point.

The Patriots had TWO wide receivers who had caught a pass in the nfl as well....

Moss and Welker.

Tate and Slater hadn't caught a pass.

Neither had 2 of the 3 TE's.

The difference is, our WR's have an ounce of ability.

Edwards and Cotchery blow.

And their QB sucks weiner.

Sanchez... take snap, drop back, drop back, checkdown, Keller drops pass, Sanchez looks upfield and sees Edwards had beat the Safety. FAIL. 2nd and 10.

You know, back when I became a Pats fan it really happened by accident simply because they were the team that was on TV the most here in Nova Scotia because our cable company picked up the Boston TV stations.

Seeing something like this makes me THANK GOD they didn't pick up Jets carrying TV stations.

Cotchery is pretty good IMO.

I agree. I think he's their best overall receiver, including Holmes.

I agree Sanchez's mouth needs to be taped shut, but .....

I'm still very concerned about this game, reasons being

Jet's have a very good D, although I hope the Pats can pick it apart all I can think about is that sandwich sack they got on the 1st play. Can the Pats control their pass rush and can Brady get the quick passes out ?

Can the Pats D control their running game as well as the Ravens did, if not, it's going to be a long night.

I can't think of a better motivator then a loss like that !

Sanchez, the problem is when you're playing a "safe" check down type gameplan, usually it results in minimal yards, but a high completion percentage.

In your case, it resulted in abysmal yards and a 47.6% comp. pct. So, yeah, there's that.

Also, the line about "There's the vertical passing game for you!". When you're pointing to one play to show that you can/can't do something, you're a loser. By that logic, your LG should be bagging groceries simply based on that one play by Ngata.

Why do people work themselves into a tizzy over what the Jets' QB said. Who cares?

The Jets are tough...I think we'll win 24-9 or so but the Jets D is tough and we'll have to come up with some new tricks instead of Moss deep, outlet to welker and Maroney up the middle for a loss of 2. I think we will, especially as Maroney is gone....and we have 2 TEs.

Cotchery doesn't "suck"...I still remember him lighting us up pretty good. Edwards is good...Sanchez is OK sometimes.

It's like a homerfest to see who can say "jets qb is a db" or a "weiner".

I agree Sanchez's mouth needs to be taped shut, but .....

I'm still very concerned about this game, reasons being

Jet's have a very good D, although I hope the Pats can pick it apart all I can think about is that sandwich sack they got on the 1st play. Can the Pats control their pass rush and can Brady get the quick passes out ?

Can the Pats D control their running game as well as the Ravens did, if not, it's going to be a long night.

I can't think of a better motivator then a loss like that !

I'm more confident than ever about this week. I believe their only chance to stop our offense is to control the run and get in Brady's face. With the loss of Jenkins, that task is harder.

Plus, they are going to have huge matchup problems with Welker and Hernandez in the slots. The Jets also struggled with Heap and that bodes well for Gronk in this game. Moss might be a non-factor, but the other receiver present big problems for the Jets.

And as far as the defense goes, I'm sure they will load up to stop the run this week. I think its pretty clear that if you take the run away from the Jets they will struggle big time.

I'm more confident than ever about this week. I believe their only chance to stop our offense is to control the run and get in Brady's face. With the loss of Jenkins, that task is harder.

Plus, they are going to have huge matchup problems with Welker and Hernandez in the slots. The Jets also struggled with Heap and that bodes well for Gronk in this game. Moss might be a non-factor, but the other receiver present big problems for the Jets.

And as far as the defense goes, I'm sure they will load up to stop the run this week. I think its pretty clear that if you take the run away from the Jets they will struggle big time.

Plus if Edelman returns that's another player on the field for the Jets to worry about. I've got a Jets co-worker coming over for the game so I would love a Pats blowout, although I think it'll be close.

Wow, he is spouting that they'll be going 15 and 1. Patriots, take notice. That's the closest thing to a guarantee as you are going to get.

I hope the Pats DESTROY them!

Yeah he is. Just stuck on a ****ty team.

Mark Sanchez racked up two 1st downs passing and 60 yards through the air against the Ravens. Somebody should check to see if he can fog a mirror.

Jericho Cotchery's line against the Ravens: 2 catches for 18 yards. How come we can't get guys like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes