PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Saints vs Vikings Game Discussion

were used to it though 4 defenses have blown 60 sec left on the clock after Brees won it in 4 playoffs, I'm more worried about Brees than the fans.
That’s a tough loss my friend. Sympathy to you.
Any chance Brees actually leaves?

True. But if he had tried for an actual tackle rather than a take-the-legs-out-from-under-him killshot, he wouldn't have whiffed on the tackle.
Tackling technique across all levels of football is horrid. Even rooting for the Saints, I smiled seeing that crappy tackling get humiliated. All he had to do was let him catch the ball and then hold him in bounds (not even tackle him initially)

Tackling technique across all levels of football is horrid. Even rooting for the Saints, I smiled seeing that crappy tackling get humiliated. All he had to do was let him catch the ball and then hold him in bounds (not even tackle him initially)
One of my co-workers (who is a big Pats fan) is also a rugger, so he's always screaming at the TV at all the crappy tackling.

Sorry if this has been discussed but I did a searcher "helmet" in this thread and found nothing:

Why no penalty on Diggs for taking off and tossing his helmet? You can see the official sees it and clearly throws a flag. I guess I'm not clear on the penalty either -- if it would be assessed on the kick off it obviously becomes moot.

Or did the rule against taking off your helmet go away with the new rules allowing big celebrations?

Thanks.

Edit, also ...

It would be assessed on the ensuing kickoff which didn’t happen because the game was over.

Been reading some commets that the missed tackle was the result of bad rules. Some tacklers try to avoid big hits or hits to unprotected receiver to avoid penalty.
No, that's just an excuse. They easily could've made the play on Diggs if they only were in position.

No, that's just an excuse. They easily could've made the play on Diggs if they only were in position.
I agree. I'm not familiar with the DB. Maybe he doesn't like to hit people or maybe he was just looking for a ESPN highlight. Just grabbing the reciiver as he came down and had no leverage with maybe 5 sec on the clock the DB could have kept him from going out and stopping the clock. Game over.

saints just needed to run the ball 1 time on the final drive forcing minn to use their final time out. This cost them the game...clock management
Bingo.

Inexcusably horrible decision to run for "ball placement" instead of the 1st down that would've almost guaranteed the Saints the win.

And to top it, Payton decides to kick a touchback instead of kicking for a return and the wasted time that goes with it.

I feel sorry for Brees. His HC failed him, miserably.

I hope the Eagles tear the Feckin Lucky Vikings apart.

Nah, it may be just as bad or worse actually. People are just saying Marcus Williams’ error was worse because it JUST happened yesterday. They’re pretty neck and neck.

Yeah, I was wrong. I admit it.

That’s a tough loss my friend. Sympathy to you.
Any chance Brees actually leaves?
Thanks, Andy well we are 100% PATS fans now, Like everytime D messes up. lol
Nah I dont think so for maybe 1-3 years, and then Brees has political plans to run for Mayor, Governor, then Congress and then who knows.

Last edited:
Thanks, Andy well we are 100% PATS fans now, Like everytime D messes up. lol
Nah I dont think so for maybe 1-3 years, and then Brees has political plans to run for Mayor, Governor, then Congress and then who knows.

I'd be shocked if Drew left. You guys have a top tier team for sure. You stay healthy, stay together and you'll end up in another SB.

I'd be shocked if Drew left. You guys have a top tier team for sure. You stay healthy, stay together and you'll end up in another SB.
Thanks, I hope so, he really deserves another shot where the D can just play average. GO PATS!!

Thanks, I hope so, he really deserves another shot where the D can just play average. GO PATS!!

You guys have some fantastic players in place. Lattimore was lock down almost all year. Your rookies in general were prob the best class in 10-20 years.

You'll be back next year

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back