PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Saints Come Marchin In......

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBronxPats14

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Time to put Bengals game in rear view mirror. Gronk is cleared to play at what capacity we shall see. He's been practicing so getting rust off will be obvious but I see him gettin his first TD in Red Zone and YES we'll get to Red Zone this game more than once. Our Offense will show up. Importance of keepin Brady upright I'm sure was indented on O lines foreheads.

As for our D, They will have their work cut out for them. Sproles is more of a East-West runner which bodes well with absence of Wilfolk void up'da middle. Have to watch quick screens to long gains. Interesting to see who Talib keys on with Graham goin off this year and Colston's speed and size. This time around vs Saints I feel confident with our D where in'da past it was a Brees Wing & a Prayer it didn't connect for a completion.

Too optimistic.

Too optimistic.

Yup! Gotta be! Home vs Brees & Co. Just think if we stopped fumbling and droppin catchable passes we'd have more chances to score. You can say that about every team but it's our archiles heel. Live & Die with Blount running crap shoot he can be so explosive but we have to hope he holds on to ball end of run.

Yup! Gotta be! Home vs Brees & Co. Just think if we stopped fumbling and droppin catchable passes we'd have more chances to score. You can say that about every team but it's our archiles heel. Live & Die with Blount running crap shoot he can be so explosive but we have to hope he holds on to ball end of run.

Sadly Mr. Blount has a sub 4 average against the Saints. Hopefully the Pats can figure out something on the ground though because it'll be a long day if the Saints are teeing off on Brady. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Pats bounce back against their toughest matchup so far.

has brady ever beaten brees ? Not sure he has.

Good point I am sure Brees have a winning record against Brady and the N.E.Patriots Defense in the past.

Line had the pats -2 last I checked. Or maybe I'm seeing things backwards.

I was surprised they were favored.

Based on my quick research, I believe Brees is 3-0 vs. Brady (twice for San Diego, once for New Orleans). Someone else can correct me if they find a game I missed.

If Brady beat Brees it was when he was in San Diego. I know we haven't beaten NO in a while, we got blown out a few years ago in the Super Dome.

But we are in Foxboro this time. We are coming off a loss and we are going to be hungry. Keep in mind how many times we've lost back to back games in the Belicheck/Brady era. Brees has been fortunate to play in a dome, and play with a PLETHORA of weapons year in and year out. I'm talking horses on the outside.

Now, the Saints look to be a premier team...perhaps even THE premier team in the NFC. Their defense looks very, very solid. Their offense clearly speaks for itself.

How to defend them? It's tough. They're alot like Denver...loaded all over...and then you add in Sproles. In my opinion, the two guys you've got to key in on most are Graham and Sproles. Graham is almost like a WR. He goes deep frequently and with his 6'8 height, he is nearly impossible to defend 1 on 1. That said, I think you put Talib on Colston. I think you can take Colston out of the game completely by doing that. With Graham, we've got to defend him similarly to how we defended Gonzalez. Jam the p**s out of him at the line of scrimmage with Hightower/Spikes. CANNOT let him get going. He is not as strong as Gonzalez.

Sproles? He's the tricky one. To be honest, I'm not sure how you account for him. Just can't let him kill us on 3rd downs. That is going to be the key. Everybody else can be defended. Got to figure out a way to get pressure on Brees with 4 guys....and try to get it from the interior. I expect us to be in the NICKEL the majority of the game with Spikes/Hightower taking turns jamming Graham.

On offense for us, we've got to run the ball. I think we abandoned it to early in Cinci, making us EXTREMELY predictable. I know Blount isn't the best but he had 12 for 51. That's not terrible. The fumble was bad, but other than that he was adequate. Hopefully Ridley is back. If so, lots of Ridley and lots of play action. Keep New Orleans off the field, move the ball, and get it to Gronk in the red zone.

Need this one. Let's get it.

When did 11-on-11 football become a 1-on-1 game of hoops?

I was under the impression this was the New England Patriots versus the New Orleans Saints, not Tom Brady versus Drew Brees playing 18 holes on the golf course.

Last edited:
If Brady beat Brees it was when he was in San Diego. I know we haven't beaten NO in a while, we got blown out a few years ago in the Super Dome.

But we are in Foxboro this time. We are coming off a loss and we are going to be hungry. Keep in mind how many times we've lost back to back games in the Belicheck/Brady era. Brees has been fortunate to play in a dome, and play with a PLETHORA of weapons year in and year out. I'm talking horses on the outside.

Now, the Saints look to be a premier team...perhaps even THE premier team in the NFC. Their defense looks very, very solid. Their offense clearly speaks for itself.

How to defend them? It's tough. They're alot like Denver...loaded all over...and then you add in Sproles. In my opinion, the two guys you've got to key in on most are Graham and Sproles. Graham is almost like a WR. He goes deep frequently and with his 6'8 height, he is nearly impossible to defend 1 on 1. That said, I think you put Talib on Colston. I think you can take Colston out of the game completely by doing that. With Graham, we've got to defend him similarly to how we defended Gonzalez. Jam the p**s out of him at the line of scrimmage with Hightower/Spikes. CANNOT let him get going. He is not as strong as Gonzalez.

Sproles? He's the tricky one. To be honest, I'm not sure how you account for him. Just can't let him kill us on 3rd downs. That is going to be the key. Everybody else can be defended. Got to figure out a way to get pressure on Brees with 4 guys....and try to get it from the interior. I expect us to be in the NICKEL the majority of the game with Spikes/Hightower taking turns jamming Graham.

On offense for us, we've got to run the ball. I think we abandoned it to early in Cinci, making us EXTREMELY predictable. I know Blount isn't the best but he had 12 for 51. That's not terrible. The fumble was bad, but other than that he was adequate. Hopefully Ridley is back. If so, lots of Ridley and lots of play action. Keep New Orleans off the field, move the ball, and get it to Gronk in the red zone.

Agreed on how to defend Graham and Colston. I'm guessing Arrington will be shadowing Sproles when he's in. (in general)

Good analysis, don't sleep on RB Pierre Thomas he is as good a runner as he is a pass catcher, a poor mans D Sproles so to speak. It seems like Graham and Sproles are doing most of their damage their #2 WR after Colston is not exactly lighting it up. I am wondering if we play some kind of Big Nickle to keep a CB or McCourty on Jimmy Graham i don't like the thought of our slow LB's anywhere near him. It will be interesting to see who or how they jam him at the line.

My game plan would be pretty simple and obviously there needs to be much more to it but my basic plan would be to double Graham, Put Talib on Colston one on one, and give Sproules the Marshall treatment and chip him every chance we get with a DE but ultimately it will be on a LB to cover him with safety help.

You are correct, Brady played so bad in the last two meetings that he had to be benched. The patriots were not competitive at all, it was over by the either the second or the third quarter:(. It would be a real shame to have two of the top Quaterback going at it and not have an interesting game.

not confident AT ALL. Saints are too good right now. But if they win the TO battle..they have a chance

Rob Ryan or Rex Ryan style defenses are the last thing this low confidence offense needs to see...will we seeing booing in the first series at gillette ?

Ridley all day in front against his home state Saints, on national TV with Troy Aikman and Pam Oliver, 'America's Game of the Week.'

By the way, I think last week's game was a preview of the AFC Championship, but which will be played in Foxboro.

Ridley all day in front against his home state Saints, on national TV with Troy Aikman and Pam Oliver, 'America's Game of the Week.'

By the way, I think last week's game was a preview of the AFC Championship, but which will be played in Foxboro.

for some reason the coaches seem to hate ridley...even when healthy this year yet he is their best back.

It will be close in 4th..but saints win 34-27

Watch our old boy Ben Watson get in the mix with a few catches,while everyone is looking to stop Graham,Watson may sneak in for a few chain movers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes