PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

S Terrence Brooks Signs With Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
For example....who would have a better shot at contributing in an emergency fill-in role on D...Humber and McClellan or Brooks? Just sayin'. Experience does matter.
Humber and McClellan are LBs

Because there is nothing to reasonably disagree with and you know that.

Right. There’s not many times to be able to have success while in an argument with you.

This is the type of stuff that drives me crazy.

We get a bunch of special teams guys and kickers who get tossed off the team. Then the draft happens, we trade down a hundred times and never get anyone. I think belichick is literally building players out of spare parts like Frankenstein

Where do any of these guys come from lol. I get it really, B.B. thinkS he can’t draft because goodell takes them all. So, we beat elite teams with garbage
At what point do you become self aware enough realize that if your idea of how to build a team properly leads you to think Bill Belichick does a terrible job every year building a team that your idea is wrong?

Right. There’s not many times to be able to have success while in an argument with you.
Thank you, but I am wrong sometimes. Actually it’s usially not even a matter of right or wrong it’s a matter of supporting your belief. And yes if you can’t support your belief you will not have success in an argument t with me.

Back to the point, there is absolutely nothing in my post that you decided to take a vague shot at that you can make a reasonable argument is wrong. I commend you for recognizing that and not trying.

You make the point. No one should care about the listed position for STO's players like Brooks, Humber or McClellan. I think that Humber and McAllen combined for 3 tackles last year. I would have been happier with zero.

Humber and McClellan are LBs

GettyImages-1038904254.jpg
I think we've all been sent home.

Thanks for the bad memory.

At what? Sucking?
STs. I think he fell into the BB screw up by playing guys like he and Chung as FS when they should be playing SS.

Hes tailing off now but he was decent in DET

Thanks for the bad memory.

At what? Sucking?

Well, he's managed to stick for 7 years going on 8 and earned around $11m, if he doesn't get cut this year that'll be 8 years and $13.8M. Granted, not the most stellar career earnings but I think most people would take it. Apparently someone (who actually works in football) sees value in him.

Can he play safety or is ot just special teams? How many st only guys can a team afford? And why aren't they coached up to play a position other than special teams?

They'd do better having young guys who have potential on offense or defense and have them play st than have st only types who are otherwise useless. Only so many roster spots.

This approach has worked out horribly over the last 18 years. It's been an absolute disaster.

What he’s missing is that Belichick is filling all the roles he needs across the team for the entire season, as opposed to a couple of flashy signings that make fans drool with happiness.

For example....who would have a better shot at contributing in an emergency fill-in role on D...Humber and McClellan or Brooks? Just sayin'. Experience does matter.

Brooks.. And if people remember that just two years ago we lost our Slot Corner to injury and it cost us in the SB not having someone who could fill in. Now, we could have as many as 3 guys capable of filling in if our slot corner goes down. (Crossen, Dawson, and Brooks).

You make the point. No one should care about the listed position for STO's players like Brooks, Humber or McClellan. I think that Humber and McAllen combined for 3 tackles last year. I would have been happier with zero.
Position matters because different size/speed/skill sets are required on st

Position matters because different size/speed/skill sets are required on st
fair enough

So, who does Brooks replace?

We had Humber, King, Ebner and Slater.

I would presume that we should consider McClellan as a LB, much as we list Bolden as a RB.

Last edited:
Fixed it for you.

I’m not just thinking BB is that mad scientist you suggest, I’m sure of it.

.... I think belichick is literally building players teams out of spare parts like Frankenstein

Where do any of these guys come from lol. I get it really, B.B. thinkS he can’t draft because goodell takes them all. So, we beat elite teams with garbage

Last edited:
fair enough

So, who does Brooks replace?

We had Humber, King, Ebner and Slater.

I would presume that we should consider McClellan as a LB, much as we list Bolden as a RB.
We don’t know yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye