PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumored trade offers for Gronk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m gonna jump off a building if we trade him for another 2nd round pick.
Could see 2 seconds or second and third.
My gut tells me if we trade him its to move up for a player like a QB or a pass rusher.
Lets clear this up if we trade him its only the NFC or the Browns.
My gut is he stays and they work it out but I cant discount the Rams and Niners arm race.

Thats the point. Because the D was so good the offense could be slightly above average and be able to win.

With that said, the were 7th in the league in ppg and 11th in yards. They had more than enough offense to win a SB.

They scored 27 offensive points in the AFCCG. All they needed was one stop and they face the Bears in SB41. If Rodney is out there instead of Eric Alexander they win.

you mean Tully Banta-Cain.....who was being punished for making BB unhappy

the defense was 2nd in the league with ppg........they did more than enough during the season to have the AFCC be played in foxboro.....it was the offense during the season that cause that not to happen.....Pats offense blew it against the Colts during the regular season at home......

Last edited:
I can't see them trading Gronk, but they received a high 1st rounder, a starting player and a another higher pick (say 2nd round) for next year, then maybe. However, I doubt anyone will offer that much for him.

the defense was 2nd in the league with ppg........they did more than enough during the season to have the AFCC be played in foxboro.....it was the offense during the season that cause that not to happen.....Pats offense blew it against the Colts during the regular season at home......

Yeah. That was the 21-0 shutout @ MIA season right? I think Brady also had only a 30 something passer rating vs Colts in the regular season loss.

I wouldn't say the Pats defense was great that year but they were pretty good and certainly better than the Sandersless Colts defense was.

Ok. Let me set the table. I think you are one of the most intelligent posters on the forum. Pretty sure most would agree. Me? I'm your average blue collar guy. So in my perspective I believe that BB has earned more than enough merit to forgo any "repercussions" from fans or from management. He is or never will be above criticism but repercussions seems ridiculous after all he has delivered or been a part of.

I understand your sentiment, and you are certainly not alone in your take. I just don't believe, as a general rule, that anyone should be above the impact of his actions in these sort of situations. We are talking about a guy performing his job, after all. And I think you may be reading more into my talking about repercussions than is meant. As I said, it's not always about firing. Sometimes valid repercussions can be very minor. Sometimes it just means that your owner tells you to have a make-nice conference with the press, for example. And, sometimes, it won't even be that.

Trading Gronk is dumb, there's no guarantee Edelman will even be the same after an ACL.

brady takes pay cuts and loses his best receiver ( gronk ), running back, and left tackle??

No. Go to 2:04:42. Fletcher is wide open on horrible coverage by Alexander.

“Report” of Gronk trade was a joke lacking any actual humor

As the chatter and speculation continues regarding a possible trade of Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski — chatter and speculation that has not been refuted by the team or the player — the first clear report has emerged that a trade is coming.

Ken Laird of WEEI, senior producer of the Kirk & Callahan show, reports that Gronkowski will be traded in the next couple of weeks.

Sure, Laird doesn’t have a reputation for being a breaker of news. But he produces one of the most popular shows on one of the most popular sports talk stations in the Boston market. Chances are that he’s heard something from someone about some sort of somewhat plausible move that will happen someday between now and the draft.

The fact that the move is dubbed as occurring “in the next couple of weeks” fits with the notion that, if the Patriots will be acquiring a first- or second-round pick for Gronkowski, they prefer to get the pick while the pick is on the clock. This will require the Patriots, Gronkowski, and his next team to keep everything completely quiet. But the Patriots have proven time and again that they know how to persuade/coerce others to go along with a vow of silence, or else.

So it makes sense to continue to keep an eye on this one, especially once the draft begins.

God, I hope this report is wrong. Kraft needs to see if the fences can be mended. We have a better shot at number 6 with Gronk then without him.

Change the thread title please

I believe that BB has earned more than enough merit to forgo any "repercussions" from fans or from management.

I'm in the middle on this, so I get to be called a Chicken Little and a Ball Washer. :D

01 ~ I believe that Bill The Mad (Genius) is both one of the 4 greatest Coaches of all time, and that he is arguably the greatest General Manager of all time.

02 ~ OTG Philosophy 101: Smart people do stupid things. Mad Bill has proven this many times. If it was up to me, his 2nd Round Defensive Back Privileges'd be revoked. :mad:

03 ~ Whatever point he was trying to make by benching Butler, it arguably cost us a SuperBowl...I've never seen'm do anything that stupid since...giving away Jamie Collins...which arguably won us a Super Bowl. Team Psyche is crucial.

04 ~ Much as I'd love to overrule Mad Bill on occasion, I haven't earned that right, nor do I imagine that he'd accede to it, if I or anyone else had: "In Bill we Trust" has been unfortunately co-opted by fools who assume that Mad Bill can do no wrong...But it is actually a fundamentally sound philosophy, at its core: If you revel in Mad Bill's magnificent body of work ~ I do!! :D ~ you accept his imperfections.

PFT had the original report up about Gronk getting traded in coming weeks. 15 minutes later they reveal they were duped by WEEI. How does an April Fools joke happen on April 3rd?

brady takes pay cuts and loses his best receiver ( gronk ), running back, and left tackle??

Hearken back to the Welker situation from a few years ago, and you'll remember that this wouldn't be the first time.

I'm still not convinced that any of these rumors rise above standard media BS, but ...

Gronk is almost certainly the GOAT tight end, and we Pats fans have been blessed to have him on our team for most of his prime. However, all good things come to an end, sooner or later. If trading Gronk to a team where he thinks he'll be happier for the last couple-three years of his playing career needs to happen, then so be it.

Even getting "just" a 2018 2nd and 2018 3rd in trade would probably provide the Pats with enough draft capital to trade up for a top LT and still have enough left over to snag solid or better prospects at QB, LB, safety, etc. - and maybe even a TE who could rise to the level of at least Bennett or Watson.

A trade would also free up enough 2018 & 2019 cap space to make it a lot easier to extend guys like Trey Flowers and Shaq Mason.

It certainly wouldn't be the same offense without Gronk, but his absence won't kill it, either.

Once again fake news media gets taken for a ride...hahahahaha

My gut tells me if we trade him its to move up for a player like a QB or a pass rusher.
My gut is he stays and they work it out but I cant discount the Rams and Niners arm race.

Draft choices? Meh....Crap shoot! Player trades make this Gronk game fun.

The Bengals might play. This is pending the Rosenhaus element has been taken care of and retire is off the table.
Gronk would have no problem running over Marvin Lewis to do what he wants like Burflict But he will have FUN.

Package one: A great deal for us would be Geno Atkins ($9.25mm and FA next year) and A.J. Green (two more contract years at $10.55mm and $11.97mm and next year WR prices this is cheap) for Gronk and let's say.......Cooks ($8.4mm this year and he's out)? I think it's pretty fair.

So Cousins, two players with expiring contracts. Two with two more years. Talent match up is fairly close but we will have some that say the Pats would never do this and others , the Bengals would never.

Package two: Carlos Dunlap and pick #21 acquired from the Bills.......O.K. ......one Draft choice for those who think that is proper.

Thoughts? Not terrible?
DW Toys

Last edited:
PFT had the original report up about Gronk getting traded in coming weeks. 15 minutes later they reveal they were duped by WEEI. How does an April Fools joke happen on April 3rd?
I assume this Laird fella is the butt of the joke.

Something like this I assume:
Someone probably tried to dupe him on the first and he fell for it but didn't reveal it until the third (likely trying to verify but then going with it anyway).

Let’s just trade him for some picks will spend on quality ST guys. That’ll show em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back