PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumored trade offers for Gronk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see him getting dealt but................I love Gronk but unlike Brady his entire game is built upon his athletic ability. At some point he's going to fall off a cliff performance wise. He turns 29 next month. If somebody offers a mid first or a low first with a third to boot I'd do it. Those teams would be overpaying but to get the TE GOAT you have to. I'd be sad to see him in another uniform and that would leave them bankrupt at the position.

Given the draft picks we've lost unfairly to the league I don't think they could turn down the opportunity to reload.

Patsfans reaction to Gronk trade rumors.

maxresdefault.jpg

I think it will play out where gronk stays. Possibly retiring a patriot.

Pure denial that BB would not trade Gonk.

He got rid of Bernie Kosar pixxing off a whole city and will always do whats best for the team. A disgruntled, immature player conducting contract negotiations via the media is the fastest way out of town. Ask Randy Moss how that worked out. Deon Branch.

He got rid of Bernie Kosar pixxing off a whole city and will always do whats best for the team. A disgruntled, immature player conducting contract negotiations via the media is the fastest way out of town. Ask Randy Moss how that worked out. Deon Branch.

...and how did trading Branch work out for the Patriots

When will the silly offseason ever end???

Stay tuned for all the mediots who will spew this rumor and more on Sportstalk Radio today, all those pesky teams like the Celtics, Bruin and RS are not even worth a brief glance... all Patriots Rumors all day and every day.

That’s true too. He could trade gronk as anything is possible. I don’t know. One thing too, we are not privy to what they’ve said to each other.

I think what B.B. needs is a free copy of tb12 method and a deep tissue massage from Guerrero, perhaps with some aromatherapy.

How did Branch make out shooting his way out of town? It also did not begin an avalanche of players wanting current contracts torn up and brand new deals in its place.

13 year later BB sticking to his guns still works.

Can't wait to lose another AFC Championship Game thanks to TE1 Ceche Raldwell

you have a 41 year old QB.....start with that

Edleman, on the wrong side of 30 and coming back from missing a season

and you're already replacing Solder, Lewis, Amendola....

trading gronk would be a really interesting thing given you're really running out of chances to win with this team ..... basically rebuilding without replacing a 41 year old QB.........

It makes zero sense and yet, it will be a genius move to some if it happens

you have a 41 year old QB.....start with that

Edleman, on the wrong side of 30 and coming back from missing a season

and you're already replacing Solder, Lewis, Amendola....

trading gronk would be a really interesting thing given you're really running out of chances to win with this team ..... basically rebuilding without replacing a 41 year old QB.........

It makes zero sense and yet, it will be a genius move to some if it happens
Without much thought some people like change for change's sake.

...and how did trading Branch work out for the Patriots
Depends on how you look at it. The reason they didn't go to the SB in 06 wasn't for a lack of offense.

How did Branch make out shooting his way out of town? It also did not begin an avalanche of players wanting current contracts torn up and brand new deals in its place.

13 year later BB sticking to his guns still works.

and the pats lost in the AFCC because Caldwell was as good as it got.....Branch made out fine because he got paid.......he already had a couple of rings

Depends on how you look at it. The reason they didn't go to the SB in 06 wasn't for a lack of offense.

sure it was........with Branch, they likely win one of the games against the jets or colts and have the AFCC at home.....their offense was not that good that year, and their defense was why they could have 5 turnovers and still win the game....their defense was 2nd in the league

sure it was........with Branch, they likely win one of the games against the jets or colts and have the AFCC at home.....their offense was not that good that year, and their defense was why they could have 5 turnovers and still win the game....their defense was 2nd in the league

Thats the point. Because the D was so good the offense could be slightly above average and be able to win.

With that said, the were 7th in the league in ppg and 11th in yards. They had more than enough offense to win a SB.

They scored 27 offensive points in the AFCCG. All they needed was one stop and they face the Bears in SB41. If Rodney is out there instead of Eric Alexander they win.

and the pats lost in the AFCC because Caldwell was as good as it got.....Branch made out fine because he got paid.......he already had a couple of rings

I was at the game. I was in SD the weekend before for the Keading missed FG in the "lights out game"

Brady missed a WR uncovered at the LOS. I more 1st down would have sealed the AFCC for a Super Bowl trip to play the Bears in Miami who were a joke with Rex Grossman. The Colts disposed of the Bears easily for P Manning first ring.

The key question is why he felt that playing Butler in the second half still wasn't better than what he was seeing. The one thing we can say with a high degree of certainty is that BB's thinking was not "I'd rather lose and be right than win and be wrong."

I agree. Don't get me wrong - I would love to know the thought process, because at least that might put an end to much of this discussion and turn the spotlight to the actual nuts and bolts of what was going on.

But if you think back to BB's commentary on the necessity for the 4th and 2 play against the Colts, or why the Falcons went up 28-3 last year, I can't recall him saying why the defense was sucking and pointing to weak links or bad game plans, or what might have fixed that personnel-wise. I try to think of a time when he ever discussed a single player in that process and how that player failed or was not up to the task.

As his discussion of failures is more a general statement of units and coaching, I don't expect we will ever hear his personnel assessment of Butler or why he was limited to an emergency substitute role. As much as he blasts these players (and likely coaches) in film sessions, my read on him is he believes it is bad form to publicly call out his players or specific coaches.

Last edited:
The Colts AFCC game went down to the very end.

The 12 - 4 Patriots were in control for over 3 quarters of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back