PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Pats Season Opener Down To Four Options:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope its the Steelers, what a smack in the face it would be to them and the fans watching to watch us celebrate winning 6.

For me the best part is that the Pats only needed one HC and one QB to get it, a tie-breaker of sorts :cool:

Hoping Kraft and co take a classier, more mature (i.e., reserved, dignified) approach to the pre-game ceremony and banner unveiling than they did in 2017.

Browns? Now that would be saucy.

I think it will be the Steelers. The Chiefs is a marquis match-up that they don't have to waste on the first weekend of the season. The Giants stunk last year and (at least so far) haven't done anything to improve, so that could be a blowout in the Pats favor. Almost the same with Baker Mayfield and the Browns. There's a chance they could beat BB and co. (and wouldn't the NFL love that!) but it's more likely that Baker Mayfield suffers a crushing defeat at the hands of BB that might wreck him for the entire season. Not going to risk that! Make it the Steelers, who have a better chance of giving us a good game or even beating us (hopefully not!).

Hoping Kraft and co take a classier, more mature (i.e., reserved, dignified) approach to the pre-game ceremony and banner unveiling than they did in 2017.

Meh the world hates us, let's stick up everyone's again haha.

Giants.

They will be undefeated so their fans will watch.
Can't be certain of that later in the season.

Other 3 teams should be good for later in season.

I'm disappointed they removed the Cowboys, but I'm thinking that's like Chiefs and will be a ratings bonanza whenever they play it in prime time. And perhaps the same with the Steelers.

I'm sure they'll go with the Browns since the Browns have nothing to lose and are the lovable underdogs who just need to stay within 20 points to take the moral victory home.

What was your problem with 2017 ? Never heard someone complain before.. curious,

First Off, its disrespectful of the NFL to not open the season in Foxboro! All of the Pats should feel disrespected and take it out on the league in 2019;). But seriously open your 100th season with the snoozefest that is the Bears v Packers. Why not open with the champs? Plus itr gives the Pats a mini bye week heading into week 2.

I would love to see the Steelers, because JJ is right, they are the Kardashians of the NFL now. Both Brown and Bell could still be holding out come week one.

I don't know why they pulled the Cowboys of the table, that would have been a good ratings match up.

It sounds like we will open Sunday night...I think it will be Giants (maybe Browns). Probably last time we’ll see Tom v Eli.

Don’t we play the NYG every year in the preseason as the last game... I don’t think we will see them until at least late October

I'm so tired of the Steelers. We've already led off like four seasons with them. Someone else.

Open on Thursday is a perk for the team that wins, because it acts as mini-bye for the following week, and it gives them a bit of an advantage.

I really think Kraft needs to push for it.

Don’t we play the NYG every year in the preseason as the last game... I don’t think we will see them until at least late October

Yeah, not sure it makes sense to have Giants-Pats back-to-back.

Open on Thursday is a perk for the team that wins, because it acts as mini-bye for the following week, and it gives them a bit of an advantage.

I really think Kraft needs to push for it.

I think if the Rams had won it would be a higher chance they open the season but since it's the Patriots I'm sure they prefer a different season opener.

Yeah but, it's the fourth pre season game. Not like it's meaningful game planning. Few relevant players will be playing in that game that would be in the opener.

I'm thinking it will be the Steelers
I do to being the NFL 100 anav. they will have the two teams with the most Super Bowl wins.

The Chiefs and Steelers games are just too juicy to waste on the opener. Big ratings for later in the season either at 4:30 or in Prime Time.

I think Giants would be a good choice. Two big media markets...NFL might be worried that "Patriots fatigue" will lower the ratings for the opener. Good story lines. The one team that knocked them off twice in SB's as the pats celebrate #6. The thin line between six and eight rings. Mannings and Brady. Belichick and Giants (two rings there).

The Browns are an interesting possibility. But, I don't see them as having that "national stature" for the opener.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back