PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Moss to Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh he openly hates moss...we saw what happened in 2006 when branch was traded and branch is no moss.. At least we had a running game then... this woild really spell disaster for the offense..

Yeah. The other thing that was pissing me off is he was claiming that we would be better off just going to the "hard fought, clutch offense". He COMPLETELY failed to realize that it was our DEFENSE that won us games and championships. Now that we have a weak defense the tables are turned. We absolutely NEED a high powered offense to win games. We won't even be a .500 team if our offense goes back to 2001-2006 production.

Yeah, because BB wears his heart on his sleeve, maybe it you with his head in his sphincter

besides being incomprehensible, at least try to be a bit civil and not profane like a five year old..

Stop. Just stop. Past BB/Pats histrory is not on your side.

Why? Even with Moss most predicted the team would get 9 or 10 wins, they are already at 3. 4 more wins could be 7, which is only 2 or 3 less than what is predicted with Moss. Look at the schedule, if you havent noticed it is extremely difficult.

lol

it amazes me how many of you Patriot "fans" can't even remember how you won your Superbowls to begin with.

Playmakers? If you call Antowain Smith and David Givens playmakers...:rolleyes:

this right here .. close thread .. i couldnt agree more

Exactly. It wasn't a problem with Moss. From what I saw, Moss got open quite a lot in the SB. The problem was a lack of blocking and likely poor play calling.

If the refs call "in the grasp", or ***ante actually catches the ball, or Tyree doesn't make that helmet catch, who catches the game winning TD for the Pat's 4th Superbowl Title....that would be one Randy Moss.

Everything on this board is conjecture.

But this isn't about football, It's about being a student of life and people and coming to a conclusion.

Brady, being who he is, will not play at age 36 or 37, especially for a team that at that point WILL NOT BE COMPETITIVE....and they won't be.

He's not Favre...needing to cling to football forever. He has greater aspirations outside the game.

I form an opinion on what I see.

Moss was pissed last night because he was not getting the ball and contrary to propaganda....was open and should have seen more balls go his way.

How can you say the Pats will not be competitive 4 years from now? Did you say the same thing in 2000?

Brady has said he will play to he is 40.

If he was open like you say he was then Brady would have thrown to him.

I also form an opinion on what I see and hear.

If we get rid of Moss, Aaron Hernandez is our no. 1 receiving threat or heck...our no. 1 offensive threat! Welker is hurt guys, he's not even 50% of what he was last year. If people think we are better as a team without #81, I'd like to order an imaging study of your brain to make sure you are not having a stroke.

Yeah. The other thing that was pissing me off is he was claiming that we would be better off just going to the "hard fought, clutch offense". He COMPLETELY failed to realize that it was our DEFENSE that won us games and championships. Now that we have a weak defense the tables are turned. We absolutely NEED a high powered offense to win games. We won't even be a .500 team if our offense goes back to 2001-2006 production.

This is not true. Our offense was pretty good in our SuperBowl seasons, specially 2004. I guess the defense carried us to the SuperBowl win against Carolina and also through the 2005 ("holy **** did that guy just steamroll Monty Beisel!") season.

If the deal goes down .... which of our corners is gonna cover Moss when the Vikes come to town?

Potential's great, but you'll have to forgive me if I'm skeptical of the prospects of replacing Moss with a 3rd round rookie who hasn't made an active roster yet.

Wasn't my intention to say Price will replace Moss.

I was only indicating that we now have more skilled weapons than before, and if Moss exits, it will force Brady to spread the ball even more. Which was once the Patriots-way of doing things..

I hope this happens because if it does then ESPN, every media outlet and every nitwit dumbass fan out there will go into full on ball washing mode and will kill each other jumping onto the Favre Moss bandwagon. It will be bigger than ************. None of you will be able to turn on ESPN for weeks without causing instant vomiting. Tom Jackson will once again announce that the Patriots hate their coach.

Of course it will all end badly as they all go down in flames as Favre throws yet another pick to end the season on some play that Moss mails in.

Meanwhile everyone will bash the ever living crap out of Belichick, all the bandwagoners left over from 2007 will depart in droves and despite all of this the Patriots will march onto Superbowl win #4.

In the end, Favre will retire, Moss will finish his career with no ring, the media and the nitwits will scratch their heads wondering WTF happened and Belichick will once again laugh maniacally as he polishes Lombardi Trophy #4.

Come on guys, after all these years don't you understand how this works?

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Last edited:
LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!:bricks:

Do you need a Pats fan to tell you the same thing? I was there, and what FinNasty said was true. But they also had safety help over the top too.

This is not true. Our offense was pretty good in our SuperBowl seasons, specially 2004. I guess the defense carried us to the SuperBowl win against Carolina and also through the 2005 ("holy **** did that guy just steamroll Monty Beisel!") season.

Which was better and carried the team more, the offense or defense? Of course, the defense. I'm not saying we had a bad offense, we had a pretty good offense those years, but it was NOT ELITE. Right now, we are an ELITE offense. If we go back to just an above average offense, we won't win many games because our defense is TERRIBLE.

I know it's a normal fan thing to do, but its funny reading about all the stars in the making we have on this team.

Price...Hernandez...Chung....

Truth is there is not one player on this team that can be called a star other than Brady, Moss and maybe Welker.

If Price was star...he'd be playing. Hernandez is Marv Cook in the making at this point and Chung, unless he starts learning how to cover receivers will be nothing but a really nice player.

Losing Moss will be cataclysmic as far as I'm concerned.

Our secondary is very average and we have one of the worst pass rushes in the league. Same issue we've had for the past 2-3 years at least.

lol

it amazes me how many of you Patriot "fans" can't even remember how you won your Superbowls to begin with.

Playmakers? If you call Antowain Smith and David Givens playmakers...:rolleyes:

So you think that this defense is anywhere near the level of the 2003 defense? :bricks:

If we get rid of Moss, Aaron Hernandez is our no. 1 receiving threat or heck...our no. 1 offensive threat! Welker is hurt guys, he's not even 50% of what he was last year. If people think we are better as a team without #81, I'd like to order an imaging study of your brain to make sure you are not having a stroke.

I am not saying we are better without Moss. No way is that true. But I understand the decision and also have some confidence in the young guys' (including Woodhead) ability to score points and stretch defenses.

Moss is a first ballot HOFer and irreplaceable obviously.

Do you need a Pats fan to tell you the same thing? I was there, and what FinNasty said was true. But they also had safety help over the top too.

Pencils needs to be put on ignore

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back