PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Moss to Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone else posted earlier I would happily take Jared Allen for Moss straight-up.

It's similar to Seymour. The getting value for an older player who won't be back next year business model the Pats have employed during the Kraft era (very successfully I might add).

I think it means that Tate, Gronk and Hernandez are very highly considered by BB if this rumor is true. For him to even consider such a radical move implies confidence in his young guns. Hernandez is going to be a special player. He's still learning the offense! He's also the youngest player in the NFL.

Hernandez in 2012!

How do you know that? Are you friends with him? Has he confided you that little piece of information? Don't call people dumb when what you're saying doesn't have any logical reasoning behind it.

It's a cold hard fact that Brady is leaving to go play for the Los Angeles NFL team. And he'll want a huge contract because he is sick of his wife making more than him. Him and Kraft are very distant right now.

(everything in that paragraph is 100% wrong)

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!:bricks:

Care to go into some more detail?

What coverages do you think we were using? Zone/man? Were you studying how often Vontae used inside technique vs. outside? Press tech or off tech? When exactly did Moss get open? What coverages did he beat?

Due tell...

Those teams were not led by their offense. The defense won games for them, all the offense had to do was manage the game and not make mistakes. The difference is this team depends on the offense to go out and win games for them, without Moss that becomes extremely difficult

And with Moss it has been extremely difficult. See second half offensive performance streak. I'm a Moss fan, but i don't think they've ever used him well. It's either target Moss all the time or settle for dinks and dunks. "Those teams" won, that's what matters.

images

One thing I'll say, though: I've never been critical of trading down in the draft, but if we trade Moss for a first round pick Belichick better go get us some goddamn play makers on both sides of the ball. No trading down for value, I want difference makers.

And with Moss it has been extremely difficult. See second half offensive performance streak. I'm a Moss fan, but i don't think they've ever used him well. It's either target Moss all the time or settle for dinks and dunks. "Those teams" won, that's what matters.

16-0? Best offense in NFL history? Do those things come to mind?

I call bull****. We passed up Dez Bryant...if he knew he'd ditch Moss, he'd draft a WR or two.

wah wah wah.

No other team targets their best player only once in a game, let alone have it be on a trick play....everyone on this team needs to lose the ego

Go get an understanding about football and more importantly how Moss changes the game catch or no catch and then come back and talk to me.

Hell you don't even need to leave this thread to find this basic knowledge. Like I said you are an idiot that is doing a very bad job at trolling.

After the trade of Seymour I believe BB would trade anyone ...... except for Brady.

Only problem is if BB keeps trading away his star players this team won't be ready to seriously compete for a SB until Brady is 40 years old. By then he'll no longer be capable :(

As someone else posted earlier I would happily take Jared Allen for Moss straight-up.

It's similar to Seymour. The getting value for an older player who won't be back next year business model the Pats have employed during the Kraft era (very successfully I might add).

I think it means that Tate, Gronk and Hernandez are very highly considered by BB if this rumor is true. For him to even consider such a radical move implies confidence in his young guns. Hernandez is going to be a special player. He's still learning the offense! He's also the youngest player in the NFL.

Hernandez in 2012!

Lets not forget TaylorPrice. He may also be a keeper, once he is healthy:

Release: Good quickness off the line and separates from corners down the sideline if left unchecked using his exceptional speed. Can use his hands to get off press coverage and use a hesitation move to freeze corners before getting into his route.

Hands: Reliable receiver who extends to able to catch the ball away from his frame. Adjusts to high, low, and wide throws well, and can make the exceptional catch. Brings in passes over either shoulder, even when contested. Excellent body control over the middle and on the sidelines.

Route running: Sharp and sudden route-runner; sinks his hips and accelerates out of the cut. Solid comebacks and outs, presses corner and stops quickly to complete the route. Sells routes on the run with foot work and body language to get corner off balance. Must work harder to get open when his quarterback is in trouble.

After the catch: Agile with the ball in his hands, can make the corner miss on quick out. Often gets additional yardage despite having to adjust to poor throws. Accelerates quickly after the catch; north-south runner. Sets up safeties in space with head fake and shifty hips. Changes ball to outside hand when feeling pressure from the inside.

Blocking: Needs work here, must put more effort into reaching a target and come with more aggression when he finds one. Has the size to be successful, and flashes willingness to mix it up downfield to help teammates on the run.

Intangibles: Unselfish player. No major character issues. Quiet on the field, lets his play do the talking.

One thing I'll say, though: I've never been critical of trading down in the draft, but if we trade Moss for a first round pick Belichick better go get us some goddamn play makers on both sides of the ball. No trading down for value, I want difference makers.

Agreed. I am actually a huge fan of their drafting strategy.

But you're right. That theoretical pick has to be a playmaker. Offense or defense.

Awesome. According to what I've read, Moss had a safety over the top for most of the night too. I guess he did his job, as usual. Thanks

That is incorrect. We couldnt afford to put our Safeties in a Cover 2 very often, b/c of your TEs, especially Hernandez. We didnt want to cover him with a LB, so we put Bell on him pretty frequently. That put us in a ton of Cover 1 with Clemons in the deep middle of the field...

We absolutely sprinkled in some Cover 2 for the safeties, as well as some full zone for the secondary, to mix up some looks to Brady. But we played Cover 1 in the secondary more than any other coverage last night...

Last edited:
Those teams were not led by their offense. The defense won games for them, all the offense had to do was manage the game and not make mistakes. The difference is this team depends on the offense to go out and win games for them, without Moss that becomes extremely difficult

I dont think it matters to BB. He has a locker room full of young players that hes trying to install team first attitude and no one person is bigger than the team. If you play as a team great things will happen. If he thinks Moss will in any way distract from his message he'd ship him out for a gross of footballs.
Im not saying this is what's happening Im just saying BB has done some head scratching things in the past and they usually turn out to be the correct move for the team.

Percy Harvin has had migraines, injury concerns etc. How about Percy Harvin for Moss straight up?

Felger just claimed that the Pats offense will be better without Moss. He regurgitated the whole "Tom used to throw to the open guy, not anymore" mantra and tried to say that getting rid of Moss will turn Brady back to that guy. Really? So your telling me that Brady no longer looks for the open guy the DAY after Moss had ZERO receptions and just ONE pass attempt? I really wish Felger would get hit by a bus.

16-0? Best offense in NFL history? Do those things come to mind?

They get a 16-0 trophy now? I like the one the Giants have better.

Looks like they had zero answer when it came to making an adjustment, which is my point.

Release: Good quickness off the line and separates from corners down the sideline if left unchecked using his exceptional speed. Can use his hands to get off press coverage and use a hesitation move to freeze corners before getting into his route.

Hands: Reliable receiver who extends to able to catch the ball away from his frame. Adjusts to high, low, and wide throws well, and can make the exceptional catch. Brings in passes over either shoulder, even when contested. Excellent body control over the middle and on the sidelines.

Route running: Sharp and sudden route-runner; sinks his hips and accelerates out of the cut. Solid comebacks and outs, presses corner and stops quickly to complete the route. Sells routes on the run with foot work and body language to get corner off balance. Must work harder to get open when his quarterback is in trouble.

After the catch: Agile with the ball in his hands, can make the corner miss on quick out. Often gets additional yardage despite having to adjust to poor throws. Accelerates quickly after the catch; north-south runner. Sets up safeties in space with head fake and shifty hips. Changes ball to outside hand when feeling pressure from the inside.

Blocking: Needs work here, must put more effort into reaching a target and come with more aggression when he finds one. Has the size to be successful, and flashes willingness to mix it up downfield to help teammates on the run.

Intangibles: Unselfish player. No major character issues. Quiet on the field, lets his play do the talking.

Nice catch <pun intended>. Taylor Price is an unknown commodity for me but I was wrong to leave out his potential.

Potential's great, but you'll have to forgive me if I'm skeptical of the prospects of replacing Moss with a 3rd round rookie who hasn't made an active roster yet.

Last edited:
I'll forgive your stupidity as I'm sure it can't be helped, but Brady will not play out that contract...

You're the same moron who "guaranteed" that the Pats would get 2 1st round picks for Cassell. You have zero cred here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back