PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Moss to Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pray that happens. If VJ comes to the Pats from all of this then I'll go back and edit all of my posts with "I'm a dink."

I hate to be a negative nelly, but San Diego would absolutely bend us over the table before they sent VJ here. On top of that, we would have to pay his exorbitant salary demands. Personally, I don't see any way he's a Patriot. I would be happy to eat my words on that, though.

This thread is picking up! Or maybe it's just my change from wine to vodka. Either way it's getting funnier.

Quick question.

If Moss is so good, why is he only worth a 3rd round pick?

It's not beyond me at all.

1. You don't gain anything when you get rid of your best receiver.

2. Welker will now be specifically gameplanned against the way Moss was, as he is now our most dangerous receiver. He also made his living exposing the pockets that were left behind when Moss took two defenders with him.

3. We're going to need to run the ball a bit more now. We have two injury prone starters in Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris, both on the downside of their careers, and a competent starter in BJGE who hasn't shown that he can get it done against better defenses. On top of that, the O-Line hasn't shown that they can consistently run block.

4. Who is the threat to take it deep? Oh right, Tate. What has he shown to make you think that he can be a deep threat in this league?

5. Who lines up at flanker?

6. How does losing one of the best receivers in the game help this extremely young and mistake prone defense?

Please provide a detailed reasoning for why you think losing Moss is a good thing.

Happy to, my good man:

This might not be the Patriots doing at all. One of the news shows this morning (WBZ?) stated that Moss demanded a trade after the 1st game press conference. If this is true, I really hope that this gets out to everybody in the media.

If a guy demands a trade, you have to trade him. No one benefits with a sulking WR, even if it is Randy Moss.

Quick question.

That's what the market will bear. On top of that, it reeks of desperation from our end.

Quick question.

yeah, and if fish carried luggage who would know?

this Moss thing is opening up a universe of metaphysical conundrums...:beersign:

well the reasoning is that , we won with avg receivers so lets downgrade our receiving core and maybe we will win another SB....:rolleyes:

Oh, THAT'S my reasoning, IS it?? Thanks, pal!! :rofl:

If we take up a collection for you, will you purchase a Shift Key?

i am just going to go on and keep on thinking that sheffler did a typo and really meant a 2nd... i will continue on in my dream world

trade final...

how's about a little music to lighten up the mood a bit....

And I'm here, to remind you
Of the mess you left when you went away
It's not fair, to deny me
Of the cross I bear that you gave to me
You, you, you oughta know

ooops...wrong station:eek:

Not at all.

Alanis is always the correct choice. :cool:

3rd round pick is a damn joke. I hope that's a misreport because a 3rd round pick for a game changing receiver to a team in need and a Superbowl contender is embarrassing.

I'm going to sleep in my Patriots Moss guernsey tonight :(.

Last edited:
Kontra, I agree with you. I am not happy about this at all. I thought about it a lot last night and this morning when I woke up. I just don't get it. A third round pick for Randy Moss? It just doesn't make sense. This is one time that I am not happy with a BB decision. This one SUCKS. This hurts our offense big time. I just don't get this move at all.

I think you might be dismissing the possibility that Moss simply has decided to shoot his way out of town. The Patriots' apparent decision not to offer him a big-money extension could be the tipping point, and when Moss got wind of the Vikings possibly wanting him back, that was all he needed. So it could be that Moss is trying to force BB's hand, in which case BB could (A.) cave in and give him an extension, which the team doesn't believe he's worth over the next one to three years, (B.) maintain status quo and risk him turning into a locker room cancer, or (C.) cut the losses and ship him out for something in return.

you're once

twice....

third round a draft pick

and I'll missssssssssssssssss you...

lionel-richie.jpg

This thread is picking up!

Or maybe it's just my change from wine to vodka.

Either way it's getting funnier.

Once, AGAIN, Brother Pat...

You're doing the right thing. :cool:

Happy to, my good man:

Your sig doesn't make sense. It's already been said that this was a ball control offense WITH him. Last year, we led the league in time of posession, and that was with Moss having a thousand yard season. Furthermore, this team does not have a tenacious defense at this point. So, I'll ask you again: how does trading Moss make us a better team?

U already throw taylor price in the bust collumn? what a stupid thing to say

He's got a lot of competition there in terms of stupid things he's said.

I think you might be dismissing the possibility that Moss simply has decided to shoot his way out of town. The Patriots' apparent decision not to offer him a big-money extension could be the tipping point, and when Moss got wind of the Vikings possibly wanting him back, that was all he needed. So it could be that Moss is trying to force BB's hand, in which case BB could (A.) cave in and give him an extension, which the team doesn't believe he's worth over the next one to three years, (B.) maintain status quo and risk him turning into a locker room cancer, or (C.) cut the losses and ship him out for something in return.

In the vernacular of the board: "This."

Your sig doesn't make sense. It's already been said that this was a ball control offense WITH him. Last year, we led the league in time of posession, and that was with Moss having a thousand yard season. Furthermore, this team does not have a tenacious defense at this point. So, I'll ask you again: how does trading Moss make us a better team?

Exactly right. This whole ball control philosophy without moss ignores how long we had the ball last year with him... once again people only seeing what they want to

Does anyone else have a problem giving San Diego two second rounders for Vincent Jackson?

I sure as hell don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday