PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roster cuts around the league

False. Wilkerson never made the 53-man roster out of TC. He was signed to the PS in 2020. He saw ONE PS elevation in 2020 for the 11/9 game against the Jets. In 2021, Wilkerson was CUT at the end of TC and signed to the PS. He then saw 4 elevations, including his "start" against the Jaguars.

JoeJuan Williams saw exactly ONE stint on the IR. And that was last year. For you to say he spent more time on the IR than on the field is pure fiction on your part.

The fact that you base the entirety of Williams playing on Interceptions while ignoring every other relevant stat speaks volumes about your bias.

Yes, a guy who has never made the 53-man roster out of training camp showed more than the guy that made the 53 man roster each of his first 3 years. And you claim to be realisitic?

All you've done is make things up that are so easily proven to be lies.
This is all I'm saying prick-

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230504_095022_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230504_095022_Samsung Internet.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 16
This is all I'm saying prick-
I just wanted this dude to have a legitimate chance - I thought he could've been an even better replacement for (my beankie) Jakobi. Then they had to put N'Keal back in over him like he was the "best chance for success." F'ing succumbed to Suck Cost Fallacy.

Impressive 1.45 10yd split, 4.09 shuttle, 6.68 3cone at 6'1.1" 200lbs - the only question was upstairs but that may have been affected by a massive concussion. Feel sorry for the guy.

I just wanted this dude to have a legitimate chance - I thought he could've been an even better replacement for (my beankie) Jakobi. Then they had to put N'Keal back in over him like he was the "best chance for success." F'ing succumbed to Suck Cost Fallacy.

Impressive 1.45 10yd split, 4.09 shuttle, 6.68 3cone at 6'1.1" 200lbs - the only question was upstairs but that may have been affected by a massive concussion. Feel sorry for the guy.
Well said!!! Yeah I was just putting some information up on him as you saw. He's someone that I hope can be back here! I liked what he showed in his limited time.
Yeah concussions are horrible, and it's the dark and ugly part of the game that gets overshadowed by the fame and fortune unfortunately. I like the players drafted at WR however they still have to learn the system and acclimate to the NFL Wilkerson is already a step ahead if we resign him. Not sure why he was released to begin with. He and Jakobi were the 2 best WRs in camp last season.

Well said!!! Yeah I was just putting some information up on him as you saw. He's someone that I hope can be back here! I liked what he showed in his limited time.
Yeah concussions are horrible, and it's the dark and ugly part of the game that gets overshadowed by the fame and fortune unfortunately. I like the players drafted at WR however they still have to learn the system and acclimate to the NFL Wilkerson is already a step ahead if we resign him. Not sure why he was released to begin with. He and Jakobi were the 2 best WRs in camp last season.

You were not "just putting some information up". You flat out lied and made stuff up about Wilkerson and Williams. Such as your claim that Wilkerson made the 53-man roster and that he over-took Harry on the depth chart by the end of the season. Calling me a prick because you were caught lying multiple times just shows poorly on you. Especially when you claim that others are "unrealistic".

Amazing that we covet a JAG WR because we think he's better than what we have, when the entire league disagrees.

Sadly I think the ship has sailed for the poor guy to be on the Pats. Too many people in front of him now. It's like if Ronnie Harris didn't fumble, then TB80 as we know him might not have existed... maybe even no 1st dynasty if we think butterfly effect.

Sadly I think the ship has sailed for the poor guy to be on the Pats. Too many people in front of him now. It's like if Ronnie Harris didn't fumble, then TB80 as we know him might not have existed... maybe even no 1st dynasty if we think butterfly effect.
That makes ultimate sense, yeah I'm looking forward to the guysbwe have. I love juju 's attitude. What he brings is champ pedigree. Regardless of where or whom he played with he brings the champ pedigree here the WR room.

Nixon, R, Whittier. Shiftier than fast, more fluid than some scouts give him credit for. Can swerve right or left to max out escapability. Could go literally to anyone in the draft, in fact, only Nixon can go to China. Has secret plan to win the division. fluid in his break(in)s. Plays with a chip on his shoulder and never forgets an opponent's tendencies; rumored to have compiled extensive enemies list to gain any possible edge. Draft stock has sunk but claims a vast silent majority of personnel departments are in his corner. Country rooting for him to catch on.
On a serious note, my brother works at Whittier in administration. He tells me that the college is in danger of going under, largely due to policies of the current president. Enrollment has dropped from around 1,700 to less than 1,000 and the school is running a deficit that is a quarter of their total budget. Nixon must be turning over in his grave.

Last edited:
How does a Super Bowl winning franchise caliber QB like Nick Foles get cut in his prime… makes no sense.

How does a Super Bowl winning franchise caliber QB like Nick Foles get cut in his prime… makes no sense.
Without looking, if you'd asked me what the Over/Under on the number of games he's started to this point over his 11 year career (max 178 not including play-offs), I'd have said 90. I would have been very very wrong..

Without looking, if you'd asked me what the Over/Under on the number of games he's started to this point over his 11 year career (max 178 not including play-offs), I'd have said 90. I would have been very very wrong..
The funniest part is had he not gotten hurt Carson Wentz would have won MVP and a Super Bowl in 2017… and now neither of those franchise caliber QB’s has a job.

Amazing how a great team can make an average QB look good.

So what?

Players are available. What else is there to discuss?
The late August one cut deadline, a change this season, is what is too early to discuss, not that “players are available.”

His contract was up and the patriots and he was behind Bryant and Wade, recovering from an injury. He and team decided to move on. I can certainly see him as a 5th or 6th corner somewhere...

Isn't there like an XFL season happening now? He could be a 6th CB on one of those teams...maybe...

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back