PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roster cutdowns - PATRIOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say I dislike it or that is is not interesting. Just I am not overly excited. He has already played 2 years with Luck who likes to chuck it up. He already had that 2nd year jump so his ability to improve may not be that high at this point.

Let's not over hype a WR who got 528 yards with a good QB throwing to him. Yes the 4.3 speed is interesting but that doesn't win games or makes plays in itself. I am not saying he is horrible cause i don't think he is. However lets not pretend this is going to make a big difference in our offense. I see it pretty much as a WR depth move which is fine.

528 yards in only his second year in the league. Wide receivers typically break out in their third season

Is that your way of saying that O'Shaughnessy will make the 53?
Not sure.

Dorsett was big.

Not sure about Big O. He has ST value but not sure if he stays who goes at this point.

528 yards in only his second year in the league. Wide receivers typically break out in their third season

Nope. 2nd year is the jump year for WRs more than not. Some make the jump in year 3 or 4 or 5 or even 6. But 2 is by far the most common year and more than half the time for all positions including WR.

This is not me starting an opinion. It is how it generally works.

I am very high on Brisset, not so high on Dorsett.

Maybe, RoWeathers is right and MM is more injured than disclosed. We now need a PS QB or 2. Also, we now have to draft another QB this coming draft.

Maybe it will work out. IBBIT.

Last edited:
Not sure.

Dorsett was big.

Not sure about Big O. He has ST value but not sure if he stays who goes at this point.

You missed my point rw, guess I was too subtle.

:rolleyes:

Yea it went over my head. What were you trying to say?

If O'Shaughnessy makes the team then Mitchell better protect his knees when O'Shaughnessy has the ball.

Remember the game where he plowed into Mitchell's knee?

If O'Shaughnessy makes the team then Mitchell better protect his knees when O'Shaughnessy has the ball.

Remember the game where he plowed into Mitchell's knee?
Ah....LOL

Worth pointing out. Dorsett has 3 returns in 2 years. 2 punt returns for 1 yard total. 1 kick off return for 12 yards.

So maybe he can but to ask him to do something he hasn't done in 2 years really isn't a small thing.

Unless doing it every day in practice in college and NFL counts for something..

Can he block at all?

You missed my point rw, guess I was too subtle.

:rolleyes:

I added a smilie to the original post to show if wasn't a serious post.
Probably clearer now.

BTW ...

Congrats to those posters who recently brought up Dorsett as a potential BB trade target.

And, congrats to those who thought that Brissett might be traded.

We have enough players that do what Lucien does better. We have fewer slot guys. It's simple math.

What do you think of the Dorsett trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing