PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roster cutdowns - PATRIOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB presser at 11:00am. Practice starts at about Noon today. Might include one or two new faces.

Anyway, lots of transactions to be announced over the next five hours.

BB presser at 11:00am. Practice starts at about Noon today. Might include one or two new faces.

Anyway, lots of transactions to be announced over the next five hours.

So how does this day unfold?

The guys that are going to get cut get a early phone call that BB wants to see them and don't forget your playbook?

Does BB have 3o two minute meetings between 9 and 10?

How do most of the chosen 53 handle the awkwardness of all the dead men walking?

I always feel worse for the guy who made the team today, calls his folks with the good news only to find out tomorrow he's being replaced by some guy from the waiver wire.

So how does this day unfold?

The guys that are going to get cut get a early phone call that BB wants to see them and don't forget your playbook?

Does BB have 3o two minute meetings between 9 and 10?

How do most of the chosen 53 handle the awkwardness of all the dead men walking?

I always feel worse for the guy who made the team today, calls his folks with the good news only to find out tomorrow he's being replaced by some guy from the waiver wire.
Right.

With the opener Thurs night I wonder how that will impact trades and cuts.

The regular game week schedule moves up 2 days (technically three but things are condensed )so a normal "Tuesday" and "Wednesday" is Monday. Not a lot of time for newbies to learn .

Something to consider

I would think the roster will be near at 65 ie 53 and PS guys by the time of practice today.

Last edited:
I would think the roster will be near at 65 ie cuts and PS guys by the time of practice today.
Players are being told as they show up today.

There will be ~53 at practice.

Last edited:
I would think the roster will be near at 65 ie cuts and PS guys by the time of practice today.

It seems pretty certain that there won't be anyone dressing for practice today who won't be on the roster at 4pm (except for maybe a pending trade).

I'd imagine that most of the cuts and IR moves have already been submitted and there may only be a trade or two still awaiting finalization.

We're really just waiting for the leaks and official announcements.

I would think the roster will be near at 65 ie 53 and PS guys by the time of practice today.

Oh, right. PS players won't be at practice today. The Pats have no way of knowing who they'll be yet. Everybody who won't be on the 53-man must be waived by 4pm today. Practice squads can't be formed until 1pm tomorrow.

Oh, right. PS players won't be at practice today. The Pats have no way of knowing who they'll be yet. Everybody who won't be on the 53-man must be waived by 4pm today. Practice squads can't be formed until 1pm tomorrow.

Since practice is scheduled for 12.15 technically they could have as many they want . but i guess that would be cruel (since players more or less know by now)..

Whaaaaaat......doessssssss.......a......yel......lowwwwww.......light.......meannnnnn??????????????
Epic.

That show is on the list as one of the greatest TV casts and comedies of all time.

Since practice is scheduled for 12.15 technically they could have as many they want . but i guess that would be cruel (since players more or less know by now)..
I'm guessing they don't want to risk any injuries, or maybe they do?

He's an ignorant, extremely stupid midwestern turd. Just like the owner likes his subordinates. You know, Indy is no real threat in any sense to the Patriots anymore but the hatred they engender is still red hot. Stupid rotten scumbags, every single jerk associated with that shyt stink franchise.

So, you're saying you don't have the highest regard for that esteemed franchise?

Well, y'know, they ARE such "sensitive guys." ;)

I expect many announcements before practice. Otherwise, there will be a lot of reporting regarding who is practicing (with those practicing expected to be on the team, and others being cut, injured or on IR.

Following players have been cut this morning so far. I didn't see the list elsewhere.

Michael Bart
Sam Cotton
Jonathan Freeny
Glenn Gronkowski
Jason King
Max Rich
Jason Thompson

Following players have been cut this morning so far. I didn't see the list elsewhere.

Michael Bart
Sam Cotton
Jonathan Freeny
Glenn Gronkowski
Jason King
Max Rich
Jason Thompson
It's kinda hard to find, but if you go to the very first post of this thread, the OP is actually putting in the effort.

The Clots are forever cursed for what their scumbag Grigson TRIED to do to us and out team. Screw the ex-sexual predatoranning moonheaded scumbags and their amphetamine Annie 500 pound heifer girlfriends

The are stuck with overrated Andy Luck as a QB. Stanford Caveman.

Luck is always out of something as the excuse why he cant win.

Iowa grad OL Croston is the nephew of my neighbors boss.

Last edited:
I expect many announcements before practice. Otherwise, there will be a lot of reporting regarding who is practicing (with those practicing expected to be on the team, and others being cut, injured or on IR.

BB at 11:00am. Locker room access to media at 11:15am. Closed practices starts at 12:15pm.

Probably timing the leaks to begin at around 11:10am at a rate of one every 120 seconds so that the Twitter feeds of all the reporters blow up in the hallway on their way to the locker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe