PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Root for Colts to defeat Titans on MNF

Status
Not open for further replies.

groundgame

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Getting to the stage in season (WK. 8) where you want a conference top seed to lose, no matter who they are playing. If TENN wins, they'll be 7-0 with the second best team with 2 losses. It's like rooting for the Yankees to beat-up on the Tampa Bay rays.

Never! There are two byes. Besides, I think it's better to increase the chances of the Colts being out.

I much rather have the Ravens as the 6th seed than the Colts.

There is no team better suited to exploit our biggest weakness, that being the secondary.

Last edited:
Getting to the stage in season (WK. 8) where you want a conference top seed to lose, no matter who they are playing. If TENN wins, they'll be 7-0 with the second best team with 2 losses. It's like rooting for the Yankees to beat-up on the Tampa Bay rays.

Can't do it. I always want Indy to lose.

I am rooting for a tie. Nothing beats 75 mins of football and a short week.

I much rather have the Ravens as the 6th seed than the Colts.

There is no team better suited to exploit our biggest weakness, that being the secondary.

Silly me.

Here I thought from the 400 threads you started that Cassel was our biggest weakness.

Can't root for the Colts under basically any circumstances. Plus I haven't seen enough to convince me that we have a legit shot to get homefield throughout, which would be the biggest benefit to a Titans loss, though I guess we have as good a chance as most at this point.

Nah! I still want Indy to lose. Tonight can be the heartbreaker for the Colts. It could send them reeling out of control. I'd rather see them out of it all together. Tennessee is probably going to lock up the first seed in the AFC anyway.

Still cheering for the Colts to lose.

And uh, you do realize if the Colts win tonight and beat us next week we will be tied at 5-3, with them obviously getting the tie-breaker advantage. If the Colts win tonight and...

Beat us next week
Bills take care of Jets
Ravens beat Browns

We go from AFC East division leader to 7th seed in the AFC fighting for a wild card berth again. Why ever root for the Colts to pull within a game behind us, with a road matchup coming up against them the very next week?

Here I thought from the 400 threads you started that Cassel was our biggest weakness.

He's been managing games better, but his last three wins have come against the 29th, 30th and 31st ranked defenses in the league.

Last edited:
It could send [the Colts] reeling out of control.

Somehow I doubt Peyton will let that happen. I think that stuff is way overrated anyway. No matter what happens tonight, the Colts will have a great chance to exploit the weak link in our defense on Sunday. That won't change.

Not rooting for the Colts.

One of them has to win their division, and there is nothing we can do about that. The 2nd one could be in competition with us for a Wild card if we can't win our division. I would rather one of them have many more wins than the other, giving us a better shot at beating out the 2nd place finisher for the WC. Since the Colts are already down by 3 losses against the Titans, it's GO TITANS for me!

Plus, we don't even play the Titans, so I would like for them to kick the crap out of the Colts for us prior to next Sunday. :)

No thanks, I'm a Titans fan tonight.

i actually think the colts will win tonite.

Nevr going to happen!
Rooting for the Colts is just not in my DNA.
I want to see those two big backs pound Gomer and the rest of his Polian led meatheads into the ground.
Root for the Colts? No thanks!

From the other thread:

Put it this way: if the Colts lose tonight, it becomes doubly critical for them to beat us next Sunday since we're the even money to be a wild card competitor. They will play us much, much harder than if they eek out a win against the Titans tonight.

I'll still be cheering against them, but I won't be sad if they win.

Last edited:
I don't want the Colts coming off a loss with Bob Sanders in the line up plus I don't want the Titans sitting at 7-0 either. I can't actively root for the Colts though so I'll just say a Colts win might benefit us more than a Titans win... ugh:confused3: I'd rather root for the Titans but take one for the team lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes