PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ronnie Lippett not doing well and denied assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

FortressX

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Very detailed story starting on page 1 of the Boston Globe about Ronnie and his struggles.
Denied benefits, delayed payments, and the bureaucratic roadblocks of the NFL’s concussion settlement

Perhaps most glaring, only six of the 1,108 players who had filed monetary claims for diagnoses of dementia — less than 0.6 percent — had been paid by March 13. An additional 49 claims had received initial approval for payment, but most are pending appeals or other delays.
Denied benefits, delayed payments, and the bureaucratic roadblocks of the NFL’s concussion settlement - The Boston Globe

This is a brutal and under-reported SHAME for the NFL.....again. Just add it to the long list of shameful actions by this now cursed league.

That being said, at some point SOON, Bob Kraft should step in and personally help Lippett if needed. Although he was gone before Kraft bought the team, he is a guy who stayed in NE and actively supported the team in retirement.

Here is a link to an interview with Lippett in 2008. So just 10 years ago he was relatively OK. BTW- he has a kid playing CB in the league with Miami. So there is SOME money in the family.

Alumni Spotlight: Ronnie Lippett

There is a tremendous amount of greed in the NFL ... and the fans are part of it also IMO.

I mean how many times has an owner shaved off their cap spending to increase help to former players?

How many fans have petitioned their team's ownership to do the right thing?

It took lawsuits to get this far and that's because greed gets in the way time and time again.

Some Worried how to pay more to Brady and Gronk ... you know it's true.

I hope this goes nuclear right in the Nfl's rich faces.

Still waiting on the Federal Government to step in and strip these tyrants of their power.

These former players deserve better.

That will only happen if the public outcry drives it to. The Special Masters appointed by agreement in the settlement have contributed greatly to the foot dragging and stall tactics but courts are loathe to step in where there is an arbitration process in place. Not surprisingly the terms of the settlement, while putting a nice number and PR face on things, have still worked in the league's money grubbing favor.

This is a brutal and under-reported SHAME for the NFL.....again. Just add it to the long list of shameful actions by this now cursed league.

That being said, at some point SOON, Bob Kraft should step in and personally help Lippett if needed. Although he was gone before Kraft bought the team, he is a guy who stayed in NE and actively supported the team in retirement.

Here is a link to an interview with Lippett in 2008. So just 10 years ago he was relatively OK. BTW- he has a kid playing CB in the league with Miami. So there is SOME money in the family.

Alumni Spotlight: Ronnie Lippett
Slippery slope Ken.
I understand kraft has a lot of money but you can’t exisxt him to personally financially support all former players in need, which would then expand to employees of the team undergoing hardship, die hard fans with health issues, etc.
not trying to be cold but suggesting where someone else draws their charitable line is a shaky proposal.

There is a tremendous amount of greed in the NFL ... and the fans are part of it also IMO.

I mean how many times has an owner shaved off their cap spending to increase help to former players?

It took lawsuits to get this far and that's because greed gets in the way time and time again.

You lost me on fan involvement. The NFL has enormous wealth and can set aside a segment to assist former players. It has nothing to do with the structure of the salary cap. How about Icy starting a thread that a % of Brady's/Gronks salary goes toward former players, seriously?

I agree we're all complicit but everyone has lives and charities we donate time and efforts too, some even more dire than this one.

I hope he can get help from the settlement.

Owners probably already spent the settlement money. Either that or they are taking their sweet ass time forking it over. I mean, they lost, plain and simple and they are still dragging their feet after being ordered to do so by the courts. Not to mention they got off easy and not even close to the sum the plaintiff was asking. You'd figure with the low sum that these tirds had to pay that they would pull it right out of their wallets quicker than flys on **#^ thanking their fancy lawyers and crooked backdoor deals.

This exact situation and many like it are the reason why I’ll probably stop watching the NFL outside of casually after TB12/BB are done.
I feel the exact same way. Reading about the number of Patriots from the first three SuperBowls that have claims is shocking. The lasting memory for me of the last SuperBowl was seeing Cooks unconscious on the field.

Slippery slope Ken.
I understand kraft has a lot of money but you can’t exisxt him to personally financially support all former players in need, which would then expand to employees of the team undergoing hardship, die hard fans with health issues, etc.
not trying to be cold but suggesting where someone else draws their charitable line is a shaky proposal.
/.I don't disagree. And given the fact the son has made some good money the last 3 years (relative to everyone else, I'm sure Lippett isn't going to go penniless.

However, Kraft's help need doesn't necessarily have to be all about money. Maybe what it will take is for Kraft to make all the moves to ensure at those 49 cases that have already been approved get funded, and help get Lippett's case get funded as well.

This is simply a matter of doing the right thing for their players, ESPECIALLY the ones who didn't start out making close to a half million a year to start

THIS issue should have been immediately addressed , rectified and put in fluid operation back in 2006 when the incredibly ridiculous MEGA-MORON, Rockhead Goodfornothingdell was voted in. HE, more than anyone on the planet, is responsible for this travesty. It's criminal....by anyone's metrics. This jerkoff should be in front of federal magistrate facing 20 years. How can anyone justify the gluttonous moneybath slurped up by these owners while ignoring, or worse, obfuscating and stonewalling the concussion issue?

You lost me on fan involvement. The NFL has enormous wealth and can set aside a segment to assist former players. It has nothing to do with the structure of the salary cap. How about Icy starting a thread that a % of Brady's/Gronks salary goes toward former players, seriously?
I have made more than a few posts on the topic that go back many years in this forum ... so yes I am serious.

It's a strange parallel. I would guess that 80-90% of the fans genuinely care about the players but only focus on the current. The peripheral stuff is often ignored. I'm definitely to blame. I truly care about this issue but have not yet sent one email or letter in support of those affected ex players.

why do WE ,the fans , have to write letters to ANYONE. No! Do not assume blame. The blame is squarely on the administrative level. It's that damnable goon, that maggot filth infesting 345 Park Avenue. I've been crying for an investigation by the feds for a decade. This ignoroid, Goodell, is involved in RICO act white collar crime! He MUST BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE!

The NFL is not serious about remediating the current situation and the previous injuries caused by this trauma.. it is all "feel good" lip service and things might get better for the players if the NFL took a more aggressive approach, instead they choose bandaids to deal with an amputation.

Will briefly get on my soapbox (again) if a player hits another player in any NFL game and causes a concussion the hitting player is automatically ejected from that game and is suspended as long as the hit player is on the injury list from that injury (needs refinement, but that is the gist) ..

Until something radical happens like this or a similar proposal this will continue until the NFL is bankrupted by their nonchalant attitude or the league just fades away..

The NFL is great on lip service and media relations, but sucks at taking care of this situation..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back