PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ronnie Lippett not doing well and denied assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be the reason to stop watching the game.......not some stupid kneeling bullish.t

But I’m betting many people will stop watching the pats in a couple of years......it’s how things go in these parts

The media and not the fans are to blame for this.

All I heard about for year was how ex players had a tough time walking and such.
No head injury talk

It was not until Ted Johnson told his story that this popped upon radar.

I hope Shea McClellin reads this story.
He still wants to play this year.

I'm finding my interest in the NFL is waning. Not long ago, that was unfathomable to me.

I just cut the cord to cable last week, signed up for You Tube TV, which has local channels. The question is whether or not I will pay additional for Red Zone or some other package. I am leaning towards no. You're not alone. I love love love football, but the NFL is doing their best to piss me off.

Very detailed story starting on page 1 of the Boston Globe about Ronnie and his struggles.

Denied benefits, delayed payments, and the bureaucratic roadblocks of the NFL’s concussion settlement - The Boston Globe

I've coached youth/HS age clinics with Ronnie. He's a great guy. I hope he's able to get the help he needs.

I just cut the cord to cable last week, signed up for You Tube TV, which has local channels. The question is whether or not I will pay additional for Red Zone or some other package. I am leaning towards no. You're not alone. I love love love football, but the NFL is doing their best to piss me off.

I've coached youth/HS age clinics with Ronnie. He's a great guy. I hope he's able to get the help he needs.
Just FYI watching sports on yt tv sucks, at least if you are recording the event and watch it while it's in progress. If the game goes longer than scheduled, the playback stops and it autoplays the next video, which often contains spoilers. Also sometimes the top available resolution is 480p, which looks like damn blocks on the screen once you're used to 1080. Pretty good service, but that problem is a deal breaker for me as far as using it exclusively. I expect it to improve pretty fast, so maybe won't be a problem by next NFL season even.

Just FYI watching sports on yt tv sucks, at least if you are recording the event and watch it while it's in progress. If the game goes longer than scheduled, the playback stops and it autoplays the next video, which often contains spoilers. Also sometimes the top available resolution is 480p, which looks like damn blocks on the screen once you're used to 1080. Pretty good service, but that problem is a deal breaker for me as far as using it exclusively. I expect it to improve pretty fast, so maybe won't be a problem by next NFL season even.
good to know. Thanks.

If he were an ex Giant would he have been denied assistance? I used to cheer for him back in the day. Very sad.

My feeling is that the NFL is dragging their feet because they know the ship is sinking and it’s just a matter of time before this issue bankrupts them.

They’re trying to stretch this out as long as they can because in the long term they’re screwed.

There is a tremendous amount of greed in the NFL ... and the fans are part of it also IMO.

I mean how many times has an owner shaved off their cap spending to increase help to former players?

How many fans have petitioned their team's ownership to do the right thing?

It took lawsuits to get this far and that's because greed gets in the way time and time again.

Some Worried how to pay more to Brady and Gronk ... you know it's true.
All fair points, but as a Patriots and football fan, my only interest is in watching the games

I have little interest in putting in the time or emotion involved in petitioning the NFL or my team.

There are many worthwhile causes for thousands of social issues, but only so much time and emotion.

Just being honest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back