PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rondo Triple Double: 17 Assts, 16 Pts, 13 Rbs, 3 Stls

Wha... ???

I guess you didn't see the game. The Celtics went up by 23 or so, and the bench came in. Some of the subs were not playing good basketball, and Portland cut the lead to 11. The Celtics called time out. Garnett, who as you know, is very intense and isn't the least bit concerned about hurting someone's feelings, had the team around him and was on a rant. After which Big baby went to the end of the bench and was quite shook up. I thought I saw tears.

Watched the game last night against Portland (nationally). Rhondo has the attention of the media, not just in Boston. The guy is just so fast either on offense or defense. The Celtics are on a roll and with two more wins can break the club record for consecutive wins. All of this with Pierce not shooting well.
Forget about this team becoming complacent. With the Celtics up by plus 20 and the starters on the bench, the lead was reduced to 11. During a time out, Garnett was 'speaking' in a huddle imploring the team to play basketball. The 'speech' was so heartwarming that Big Baby had tears flowing. The players then played basketball to the final buzzer.
Portland is young, but they will be good fairly soon. They could have the big three with a good supporting cast. I think the Lakers window will be closed if they can get their act together.
i watched the game and i dont know wtf you are talking about? big baby wasnt crying. i think you better put down the jack danials because you make no sense.

Last edited:
i watched the game and i dont know wtf you are talking about? big baby wasnt crying. i think you better put down the jack danials because you make no sense.

WTF? I know what I saw, dude. He had a towel over his head and was pouting for a long, long time. The announcers dwelled on it for a good five minutes. When he first went to the end of the bench he turned to the player next to him, and you could see a tear down on his cheek. If you want to call it sweat, then thats up to you.
Now tell me he wasn't pouting.

During a time out, Garnett was 'speaking' in a huddle imploring the team to play basketball. The 'speech' was so heartwarming that Big Baby had tears flowing. The players then played basketball to the final buzzer.

your a little mixed up here. you need to watch it again, KG was pulling him over to get in the group and he threw a towel down and started crying because of how he was treated......... like a "baby"

KG's intensity is one in a million, and I love it.
I also love Brady's fire in the belly.

Some people don't like people, players, or co-workers who are like that, but I absolutely love players who cannot stand losing or going full tilt at all times.

KG's intensity is one in a million, and I love it.
I also love Brady's fire in the belly.

Some people don't like people, players, or co-workers who are like that, but I absolutely love players who cannot stand losing or going full tilt at all times.

I hadn't watched Garnett very closely until last year. I had no idea he was that intense. I loved the announcers saying that Portland started talking smack to our guys. Kind of like Smith calling out Tom Brady last year, talk about using poor judgement.
The Celtics could put any malcontent on their roster and that player would buy into the system or be out the door with Garnett's foot up his butt.

lol no he wasn't crying. he wasn't happy but he wasn't crying. pouting and crying are two different things.

Last edited:
lol no he wasn't crying. he wasn't happy but he wasn't crying. pouting and crying are two different things.

Your backtracking since your original post.
From the Celticsblog.com (which is a great site).
Garnett had strong words for the Celtic reserves.........
Garnett was especially emphatic with second-year forward Glen Davis, grabbing him by the arm during a huddle..........after the conflict, Davis sat on the bench with a towel over his head, television closeups portraying him as near tears.
Maybe the reporter was giving Big Baby some slack and the YouTube close up doesn't give as good a definition as what was live. But, I know what I saw, and if you want to argue the point, so be it. He was crying and if you want to protest that there wasn't a tear then that's pretty lame. Watch the video again, then go ahead and post that Big Baby wasn't crying, that's your prerogative.

Your backtracking since your original post.
From the Celticsblog.com (which is a great site).
Garnett had strong words for the Celtic reserves.........
Garnett was especially emphatic with second-year forward Glen Davis, grabbing him by the arm during a huddle..........after the conflict, Davis sat on the bench with a towel over his head, television closeups portraying him as near tears.
Maybe the reporter was giving Big Baby some slack and the YouTube close up doesn't give as good a definition as what was live. But, I know what I saw, and if you want to argue the point, so be it. He was crying and if you want to protest that there wasn't a tear then that's pretty lame. Watch the video again, then go ahead and post that Big Baby wasn't crying, that's your prerogative.
I'm not back tracking from anything. i watched the game and he wasn't crying. i know what i saw. end of story. you can spin that anyway you want. you like to exaggerate. that's lame. there are several people in this thread who agree he wasn't crying. i guess they are lame also? in your mind pouting or not being happy means your crying?

Last edited:

Rest my case.

Rest my case.
he wasn't crying. just like i said in the first post. put down the crack pipe. its OK your embarrassed i understand.

Last edited:
Garnett was 'speaking' in a huddle imploring the team to play basketball. The 'speech' was so heartwarming that Big Baby had tears flowing. The players then played basketball to the final buzzer.
tears flowing lmao? i dont think so. for you young kids out there dont drink and watch celtics games. you wont be able to follow whats going on.

whatever you say, obv. not a celtics fan, try watching the game

lmao. ive been a celts fan since before you were born.

If you did watch the game they showed him crying with tears pouring out, hard to miss so i'm not sure how you missed that, they also played it many times on ESPN and had a talk about him crying

If you did watch the game they showed him crying with tears pouring out, hard to miss so i'm not sure how you missed that, they also played it many times on ESPN and had a talk about him crying
looked like a lot of perspiration to me. espn says a lot of things most are garbage.

captain insaino = Glen Davis?

He cried. Get over it.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back