PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roethlisberger still crying about the Patriots cheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making excuses gives his team an excuse to lose, Tomlin's not head coach material.

The thing is--he's actually a fairly decent head coach with a proven track record, so he certainly qualifies for "HC material."

Unfortunately, in this instance, he allowed his emotions to get the best of him, rather than taking the high road and not making excuses. This was also exacerbated by the media/reporters, who were all foaming at the mouth regarding the insinuation from the "other" media/reporters on NBC's broadcast (boy, are those guys some **** stirrers) about the first quarter signal interference.

In this case, I think Tomlin jumped at the suggestion in his after game presser and never looked back. That was very wrong of him.

"This always happens up there!!"...close your eyes and you can hear Jesse Jackson blasting Southie back in the 70's. Tomlin's a closet bigoted scumbag. He can rot in hell for all I care.

This has been my past several days living in Pittsburgh and listening to the news/sports radio. Each and every day has brought on a plethora of social media posts, news reports, and talk radio fodder:

--Friday: "Headsetgate"

--Saturday: "They need to resort to illegal formations, and their defensive shifting caused us to lose a TD"

--Monday: "The refs reset the clock illegally when Brady motioned for more time" (complete with .gif breakdowns)

--Tuesday: "The Patriots are such low-life cheating scum that they refused to provide security to our coaches, who had to walk through fans (?) to get into the tunnel"

What will today bring?

That's an interesting theory. However, if you click on the coverage map link at this website, http://radio-locator.com/info/WBZ-FM , there is no need for a repeater. Furthermore, I submitted a search to the FCC database for FM transmitters ( https://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/fm-query-broadcast-station-search ) and it didn't find any record of a FCC license for an FM transmitter in Foxborough.

BTW, I emailed the article's author and hope he responds with a clarification.
Interesting. I'd be curious to know what they come back with.

Patsfans.com

=

The only football fan site in the world where you need to further your eduction about legal matters (both criminal and labor law), electricity, air inflation/deflation, scientific studies, and weather-related issues before coming to post thoughts on the games.

May as well add a firm understanding of radio frequencies and military grade coding to the list, which is growing every day.

You have smart people from all different walks of life on this board that are naturally curious people that will not accept being fed a line.

Last edited:
This has been my past several days living in Pittsburgh and listening to the news/sports radio. Each and every day has brought on a plethora of social media posts, news reports, and talk radio fodder:

--Saturday: "They need to resort to illegal formations, and their defensive shifting caused us to lose a TD"

--Monday: "The refs reset the clock illegally when Brady motioned for more time" (complete with .gif breakdowns)

--Tuesday: "The Patriots are such low-life cheating scum that they refused to provide security to our coaches, who had to walk through fans (?) to get into the tunnel"

What will today bring?
A thank you card from the 49ers for keeping the Steelers focused on last week instead of this coming Sunday's game...If SF wins, of course....

What will today bring?
You should call in and bring up the secret moonbase on the darkside of the moon that the Patriots use to steal signals. See what they say.

That's an interesting theory. However, if you click on the coverage map link at this website, http://radio-locator.com/info/WBZ-FM , there is no need for a repeater. Furthermore, I submitted a search to the FCC database for FM transmitters ( https://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/fm-query-broadcast-station-search ) and it didn't find any record of a FCC license for an FM transmitter in Foxborough.

BTW, I emailed the article's author and hope he responds with a clarification.

Here's the response from the article's author. He mentions some of the possibilities mentioned by some of the forum responders, but there is no certainty in his response.

"You are correct that one of the main transmitters for the Spots Hub network is in Newton and, absolutely, if that were the signal in question, the RSSI would be far too low for ingress.

However, it is my understanding that there is a supplementary repeater within Gillette Stadium used to fulfill ADA requirements for the hard of hearing. Exactly what type of ALS is in place, and on what frequency (if it's radio, though it could also be magnetic loop but with the size of the stadium I doubt it), I never found out. Wrote this article pretty fast to get it up ASAP.​

A helpful commenter also pointed out that it could be the station's stadium to studio transmission link operating in the 280-340 Mhz or 400-480 MHz range. There are lots and lots of short range wireless "links" of these sorts used at stadium broadcast television events on many different frequencies.

And of course, this all assumes that it was a cable conducting RF (shielding or otherwise) and injecting it into the signal pathway upstream that way.

Since the comms mainstations have a link back to the NFL control booth, which has all manner of mixing consoles, etc, and the mainstations have a few inputs, someone very well could have mistakenly patched the feed in for some incorrect, or no, reason.

In any case, the mainstream media seemed to have thought that the interference was wireless in nature, as in, the headset transceivers were intentionally jammed or fiddled with, which I wanted to debunk alongside introducing some more plausible scenarios, of which there are many.

Best,

Alex Milne
RF Venue"​

I really hope these losers make the playoffs, and somehow magically end up in Foxboro.

What will today bring?

And the answer to my question is: http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Big-B...Steelers-play-calls-in-04-title-game-39472290

Nothing more than a daily event at this point.

I really hope these losers make the playoffs, and somehow magically end up in Foxboro.

I certainly don't. As far as trends go, I do not believe that either team has won in the regular season, then gone on to win in the rematch played in the postseason.

On top of that, their intensity and motivation factor just increased about 100x after last Thursday. They are seriously still talking about it on the news today. I'd love to beat them again, but would much rather just rest on the game from last Thursday and play someone else. I'd have to imagine that their fanbase would feel the same way, had they won last week.

A thank you card from the 49ers for keeping the Steelers focused on last week instead of this coming Sunday's game...If SF wins, of course....

Personally, I'll be rooting like hell for the 49ers, but I think this game is one of the better picks of the week in terms of taking Pittsburgh. I don't think I'd be in a hurry to be giving -6 points right out of the gate, but if we're talking straight up winners, consider the following:

The NFL schedule makers allowed PIT to have a 10 day rest, with a short flight from Foxborough to Pittsburgh. In comparison, they scheduled SF as the "late" game which finished in the early hours of Tuesday morning, almost a full 5 days after the Steelers played. Add in a cross country road trip, and I think the schedule makers really gave PIT a clear advantage here.

You have smart people from all different walks of life on this board that are naturally curious people that will not accept being fed a line.

I can appreciate that, and I agree with you, but my post was strictly tongue in cheek.

Well, you have to admit that Cowher was an offensive wizard. You couldn't possibly know what was coming without some form of cheating.

What's really downright pathetic is that Bill Cowher has actually addressed this issue many times, reminding everyone that the Steelers utilized a wristband system, and any so-called "signal stealing" wouldn't have affected them anyway.

I really knew that I simply had to shut the laptop and go to sleep when I saw a social media post stating that the "Patriots are trying to spread unfounded rumors" in terms of the Steelers' assistant coach getting into an altercation at halftime. That's the pot calling the kettle black, for sure.

Last edited:

What will today bring?

Wow, this is embarassing. No other sport in America deals with this kind of nonsense. It's really quite sad

Wow, this is embarassing. No other sport in America deals with this kind of nonsense. It's really quite sad

And the Goodell NFL* has made it all possible.

It is against the rules to falsely accuse another team of wrongdoing. The NFL* should step up to the plate on this and publicly tell the Steelers to produce factual evidence of their accusations, or the next time they suggest anything was amiss in that game they will be getting penalized, up to, and including, loss of draft picks.

Enough is enough!

They should go ahead and keep yapping. Hopefully it'll distract them and they lose their next game. It'd be well deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes