PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodgers in talks with Jets [UPDATE: 'It's my intention to play for the Jets']

I hope he goes there. THEN we will be #4 in the AFCE and have to hear about from now until September. I've been waiting more than a freakin' decade and a half for us to be considered underdogs again. I say we EMBRACE that mantle. Bring back Rodney Harrison the first day of camp to put that chip on EVERYone's shoulder and NAIL it home.

The road will certainly be tough, but it will be IMHO enormously entertaining.

I would love to be in the universe where the Jets announce they have a different plan and don't want to wait for Rodgers, and Rodgers either has to hope another team comes begging or retire in such a boring, inglorious manner simply because no one wanted to deal with his ********.

Not with a bang, but a whimper.

I would love to be in the universe where the Jets announce they have a different plan and don't want to wait for Rodgers, and Rodgers either has to hope another team comes begging or retire in such a boring, inglorious manner simply because no one wanted to deal with his ********.

Not with a bang, but a whimper.
I hate both entities, so this is going to be great. Your scenario is worst case for AR. The other scenario I would love to see is AR torments Punky and then retires in training camp after the cap is spent and there is nothing the Jete can do except start an even more psychologically damaged Milfson. That would be the ultimate 'winning the offseason' award.

That would be an amazing development and cement us in last place for the AFCE... however do you really think he'd settle for the Jets if ANY other team gave him a serious offer?

I hate both entities, so this is going to be great. Your scenario is worst case for AR. The other scenario I would love to see is AR torments Punky and then retires in training camp after the cap is spent and there is nothing the Jete can do except start an even more psychologically damaged Milfson. That would be the ultimate 'winning the offseason' award.
The Jets do have a track record of being left at the altar. BB being one of the most famous examples.

In the best case scenario, Aaron Rodgers also rips the hearts out of Jets fans by picking a different team's offer after 'entertaining' their wine and dine session and getting their hopes up only to DASH it at the last minute!

Aaron Rodgers after sleeping on the Jets offer:
1678747507402.jpeg

Eff this guy. Seriously. Glad I am not a Jete fan, watch them be held hostage by this lunatic.

Remember, he has the leverage in this so I have no problem with that. However, WTF is up with that list of names?
Better them than us. He could play himself right into retirement. I would want no part of this chitshow.

Eff this guy. Seriously. Glad I am not a Jete fan, watch them be held hostage by this lunatic.

Rodgers has lost his ****ing mind. Even that list... Cobb? He gets more irrelevant every season. Lewis is going to be 39 next season, I can't figure out how he's held on past 35, he's useless. OBJ is just a ridiculous ask. He's over 30, injury prone, a mental case, and he hasn't played since 2021. He may as well put AB on the list.

Allen Lazard I like.

Rodgers has lost his ****ing mind. Even that list... Cobb? He gets more irrelevant every season. Lewis is going to be 39 next season, I can't figure out how he's held on past 35, he's useless. OBJ is just a ridiculous ask. He's over 30, injury prone, a mental case, and he hasn't played since 2021. He may as well put AB on the list.

Allen Lazard I like.
It just goes to show you that guys get stuck into wanting "their" guys.

I hope he doesn’t get what he wants and returns to his dark hole.

So, with this wishlist, is he expecting them to get them all signed before he'll approve the trade? What if they do all that and he decides "Nah, on second thought, retirement sounds pretty great"? What if he takes their word that they'll do it, signs a deal with them, and then someone else beats them out for Beckham? This feels like a really ****ty way to start a relationship...

So, with this wishlist, is he expecting them to get them all signed before he'll approve the trade? What if they do all that and he decides "Nah, on second thought, retirement sounds pretty great"? What if he takes their word that they'll do it, signs a deal with them, and then someone else beats them out for Beckham? This feels like a really ****ty way to start a relationship...
Because Rodgers.

Your scenario would be perfect. Only Jete.

Better them than us. He could play himself right into retirement. I would want no part of this chitshow.
It seems Aaron knows he's got da Jete painted right into the corner by their own actions.

He sure as hell won't have leverage after da Jete ruin his career, so he might as well shoot for the moon.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back