PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodgers already knocked out of the game against the Bills

I think the Jets is one of two teams (Indy being the other) that Brady would never play for under any condition.

Tom just announced yesterday that he's a Patriot for life. Besides, if he signed with the Jete he'd suffer a season-ending injury walking up stairs to their practice facility.

I...do not feel for Jets fans, Evan.
Me neither. I can assure you when Tom went down in 08 they were dancing in the streets.

I despise AR but certainly don't want this to be the way he leaves the game

Ok. But, I've torn a ligament, my ACL. Maybe it was the meniscus that caused all my pain, but I can tell you I wasn't just standing there acting like nothing much happened. I've got a pretty high pain tolerance.
My brother tore both achilles at different times, just a pop sound, no pain at all, thought he could just walk it off the first time, second time he knew from the first but also had no pain, just couldn't put weight on it.

Me neither. I can assure you when Tom went down in 08 they were dancing in the streets.

I despise AR but certainly don't want this to be the way he leaves the game
Max Kellerman got a lot of crap for saying Brady was going to fall off the cliff between age 39 and 40. He was not wrong. Brady was just the ultimate outlier. When QBs reach that age one of two things happens either their play drastically falls off or they get injured like Rogers just did last night literally on the first drive of the game.

I do feel bad for him but I also wonder if this will bring about his retirement from the game. Achilles injuries are nasty to try to come back from especially at his age.

My brother tore both achilles at different times, just a pop sound, no pain at all, thought he could just walk it off the first time, second time he knew from the first but also had no pain, just couldn't put weight on it.

Tore my MCL and was trying to walk on it after and had almost zero pain but it was not stable (ie couldn’t put weight on it). I would say Adrenalin and possibly pain tolerance have to do with that. Same when I hyperextended both knees.

I assume if they thought it was an Achilles they wouldn't be x-raying anything. It didn't look very bad I don't assume it's anything major
sure they would. X-Ray is the first diagnostic test given. It’s the cheapest.

Well, this is a disappointing surprise to wake up to. I was so looking forward to the inevitable Rodgers / NY media conflagration. I'll have to settle for Woody Johnson's money conflagrating instead.

Man, I am so disappointed. I was looking forward to a whole season of drama with the Jets.

I think the Jets is one of two teams (Indy being the other) that Brady would never play for under any condition.

I doubt he’d play for the Ravens either, though he seems to have a good rapport with Jim Harbaugh so maybe he’s OK with John.

I never am happy to see anyone get injured, even if they are douchy like Rodgers, but screwing over both the Green Slime and the “NFL’s Special Privilege Franchise” does not make me unhappy in the slightest

I...do not feel for Jets fans, Evan.
I'm sure there are some top-notch cuties that were unjustly misguided into jete fandom. I feel bad for them, just born at the wrong place. They could have had a lifetime's worth of great memories cheering for TB12, maybe married some of our nicer forum members, and made beautiful baby Pats fans. Instead they're hurting themselves and society by breeding more jete fans.

Sad stuff if you think about it.

Yeah, like a team in the NFL can't afford a more expensive option.
It’s not about cost entirely. It’s the quickest and easiest first step for an injury like the one Rodgers suffered. It can even give indication that an Achilles rupture might haves occurred. That is confirmed by further diagnostic testing.

And as far as it goes. Only two. NFL teams even installed MRIs in their stadium. Cincinnati and Dallas.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back