PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Robyn Glaser is now EVP of Football Business & Senior Advisor to the Head Coach.

She's the money person, now Jerad, and Mr. Gm, this is the budget, not a penny more........

I am experiencing Rod Rust flash backs with Mayo

Remember how outraged everyone was when Ron Meyers fired him as DC.

So they then fire Meyers & eventually make Rod Rust one of the worst head coaches in NFL history

Ron Meyers was right - Rod Rust sucked
Hopefully Mayo won’t be Rod Rust

I remember her. She went to war w/ that scumbag Jeff Pash and that other buffoon asshat lackey Gardi during deflategate.

Shes there to support Mayo re: league affairs. This the area where BBs experience is missed.

...as long as she isn't picking players
Bingo. She's not there for anything football related, strictly business. Good move by Kraft to provide Mayo with business support from one of his veterans and confidants.

Other than the fact that Ernie Adams spent his entire life studying the sport of football and this woman.... works in business admin and HR or something like that.....

seriously.... WTF is a "senior advisor to the Head Coach"? Is this something other teams have?
WTF is a Director of Football and HC Administration?

That was Najarian's title, Bill's fixer.

If you mean she is negotiating player contracts, I am most certainly not ok with that. That is the GM's job.

Now, if she's just responsible for the clerical work behind such contracts, then I am fine. But I have zero faith in this person to cover the job of an NFL General Manager and negotiate with players and their agents.

My guess is most GMs don’t actually deal with the details of every contract and probably don’t deal with every player’s negotiations.

And the fact is the Patriots have never had a GM under Kraft. And even when Belichick was the defacto GM, we know others like Pioli and Caserio did a lot of the contract negotiations. I really don’t think Belichick was negotiating the details of a legal document of a contract.

I too remember her. She's a keeper. I like her.

For all you guys that have your panties in a bunch, Kraft is providing Mayo with every level of support he may need to ensure he remains focused on his task. He wants to ensure that Mayo succeeds w/ minimal distractions.

That's what good owners do, provide resources to help their staff do a better job.

Kraft hasn't and won't meddle in "football" matters. He's a business owner and a fan. All he wants is wins, which is all we want also.

I listened to that conference. Kraft made the right moves:

1. Fire Bill
2. Hire Mayo
3. Evaluate everything to figure out what the hell Bill was doing in his top secret chamber before making any decisions in the FO personnel.

Point 3 is proof alone that the Krafts weren't meddling. They can't even figure out how Bill had it all structured aside from knowing he surrounded himself with Yes men.

Jonathan is a bean counter. He's not interested in football matters. He's only interested in two things: the bottom line and wins, because wins are directly proportional to the bottom line.

This is going to be good:

For all you guys that have your panties in a bunch, Kraft is providing Mayo with every level of support he may need to ensure he remains focused on his task. He wants to ensure that Mayo succeeds w/ minimal distractions.

That's what good owners do, provide resources to help their staff do a better job.

Kraft hasn't and won't meddle in "football" matters. He's a business owner and a fan. All he wants is wins, which is all we want also.

1. Fire Bill
2. Hire Mayo
3. Evaluate everything to figure out what the hell Bill was doing in his top secret chamber before making any decisions in the FO personnel.

Point 3 is proof alone that the Krafts weren't meddling. They can't even figure out how Bill had it all structured aside from knowing he surrounded himself with Yes men.

Jonathan is a bean counter. He's not interested in football matters. He's only interested in two things: the bottom line and wins, because wins are directly proportional to the bottom line.

She's a babysitter.
She may have answers for Mayo about League Stuff, but she's there to keep an eye on him. Like has been reported -BB had Super Bowls under his belt before gaining any autonomy. Kraft will never hang up the leash again.

Love that the diversity poll thread got locked in mere minutes JFC no humor allowed. What the hell are you afraid of? @Ian
Ian had to race across state lines, back to his basement, breaking several land speed records, in order to save the board. How dare you demean his sacrifice.

I'm not against a role/person like this on the staff... to help Mayo with finance/deals of free agency, etc.

But for her to be the first person named - before anyone in the actual front office/personnel dept... like GM.
That's a bit concerning. I'm getting the sense this organization will experience a season of chaos without the rudder in BB having been so predictable and stable for 24 years.
You're only concerned because nobody cared how the sausage was made as long as it was Bill making the sausage.

Now everyone seems to care how the sausage is made. I only care that someone is making sure the sausage is being made correctly. That's Kraft's job. Nothing to do with football.

Note: just had italian sausage w/ peppers and penne at Mario's.

You're only concerned because nobody cared how the sausage was made as long as it was Bill making the sausage.

Now everyone seems to care how the sausage is made. I only care that someone is making sure the sausage is being made correctly. That's Kraft's job. Nothing to do with football.

Note: just had italian sausage w/ peppers and penne at Mario's.
In EB?

Love that the diversity poll thread got locked in mere minutes JFC no humor allowed. What the hell are you afraid of? @Ian
It's a bad look and unnecessary. Allowing it means I put a stamp of approval on joking about racism, which I don't. Especially given that we have plenty of people in here with different backgrounds - which no one knows about, because this is a forum that fortunately presents that type of anonymity - I'm sure there would be some who don't find it amusing.

If they are that thin skinned that the thread offends, the internet, nevermind a well run forum ( rules this place out, I guess) , might be too much. There was nothing offensive or racist about the thread.

Good point, several local beat have pointed out it seems that she will be making football decisions as a non-football person.

I love it when folks that hate the MSM all of a sudden start believing the MSM.

Those guys don't know **** about what is going on. In search of a story to stir the pot.

I think a lot of this hinges on whether Dallas/Philly would be cleaning house as the first domino...then Rooney rule.....then BB gets one of those two gigs...then BB takes some guys with him...then others solidify things with the Pats.
No worries there, neither team is interested in Bill.

It's a bad look and unnecessary. Allowing it means I put a stamp of approval on joking about racism, which I don't. Especially given that we have plenty of people in here with different backgrounds - which no one knows about, because this is a forum that fortunately presents that type of anonymity - I'm sure there would be some who don't find it amusing.
By all means, cater to people with no sense of humor. The ability to laugh at ourselves and each other is what allows us to not take everything so seriously, mainly ourselves to seriously. This mindset of safe spaces and not offending anyone ever, is exactly what is wrong with our culture these days. Go watch the greatest comedians ever, but don't laugh at their race-based jokes or you'd be a massive hypocrite.

I love it when folks that hate the MSM all of a sudden start believing the MSM.

Those guys don't know **** about what is going on. In search of a story to stir the pot.
Did I say i believe them? No, i posted a link to what I've seen several of the local beat say.

1. Fire Bill
2. Hire Mayo

A lot of people point to the Wickersham article that mentioned Glaser having side conversations with coaches and staff members asking them why Bill did things and asking a lot of various questions. Many folks are interpreting that as her running some kind of campaign to subvert Bill and get dirt on him or something. In reality in may have simply been because she wanted to know what he did and why he did it as best she could so that she could impart that information to Jerod as his advisor the following year whenever necessary.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back