PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Robyn Glaser is now EVP of Football Business & Senior Advisor to the Head Coach.

It's weird I heard her name for the first time a couple weeks ago and now she is somehow involved in the operation of the team?

In all honesty, does any of us know anyone in the front office besides Groh and Wolf and the Krafts?

Don't rule it out. According to some on here she'll be making the picks on draft night.
If guys want to hand wring that she's gonna be making picks and all that, that's on them. I am going to think that she's here to wade thru the ******** that is the NFL and help our 37 year old coach on how to navigate such. If it's proven that she's the downfall of the team, then I'll hate on it. Until then, she's a suit advising a lifelong jock on the business of the NFL. I am ok with it for now and I am taking it on face value.

Replacing Bill and all his knowledge is going to be an impossible task, but, on it's face, this seems to be a step of giving their new, young coach, support he will 100% need.

Robyn was a beast during Deflategate. I am not currently opposed if she is helping Mayo with the intricacies of League rules and such in the short term. The "EVP of Football Business" part is a bit of a question for me though. Not sure what that means exactly. I am guessing she will be Mayo's Berj Najarian.

I'm not against a role/person like this on the staff... to help Mayo with finance/deals of free agency, etc.

But for her to be the first person named - before anyone in the actual front office/personnel dept... like GM.
That's a bit concerning. I'm getting the sense this organization will experience a season of chaos without the rudder in BB having been so predictable and stable for 24 years.

Robyn was a beast during Deflategate. I am not currently opposed if she is helping Mayo with the intricacies of League rules and such in the short term. The "EVP of Football Business" part is a bit of a question for me though. Not sure what that means exactly.
Did you deleter the Howie Roseman part of your point? You should add it back as its an excellent one.

Howie has zero football experience and but has a law degree from Forham. He learned from great football minds like Reid and good football businessmen like Joe Banner

I am now thinking of Robyn in a different light. She might be there to make sure the boys behave as adults and that process is followed and they are strategic in what they do day to day and year to year.

Career history
As an executive:
  • Philadelphia Eagles (2000)
    Front office intern
  • Philadelphia Eagles (20012002)
    Salary cap staff counsel
  • Philadelphia Eagles (20032005)
    Director of football administration
  • Philadelphia Eagles (20062007)
    Vice president of football administration
  • Philadelphia Eagles (20082009)
    Vice president of player personnel
  • Philadelphia Eagles (20102014)
    General manager
  • Philadelphia Eagles (20152018)
    Executive vice president of football operations
  • Philadelphia Eagles (2019−present)
    Executive vice president & general manager

Did you deleter the Howie Roseman part of your point? You should add it back as its an excellent one.

Howie has zero football experience and but has a law degree from Forham.

I am now thinking of Robyn in a different light. She might be there to make sure the boys behave as adults and that process is followed and they are strategic in what they do.

Career history
As an executive:
  • Philadelphia Eagles (2000)
    Front office intern
  • Philadelphia Eagles (20012002)
    Salary cap staff counsel
  • Philadelphia Eagles (20032005)
    Director of football administration
  • Philadelphia Eagles (20062007)
    Vice president of football administration
  • Philadelphia Eagles (20082009)
    Vice president of player personnel
  • Philadelphia Eagles (20102014)
    General manager
  • Philadelphia Eagles (20152018)
    Executive vice president of football operations
  • Philadelphia Eagles (2019−present)
    Executive vice president & general manager
I did, because I initially misread the tweet as saying "Football Operations" but then realized that it said "Football Business". So my point I had made at first wasn't valid. But the point you are making - someone moving from administration over to operations - is a good one too. Perhaps Roseman is not necessarily a football genius but just does a good job managing his people and making deals with other teams. I see the logic, but Glaser probably has a ways to go to achieve something like that.

I'm not against a role/person like this on the staff... to help Mayo with finance/deals of free agency, etc.

But for her to be the first person named - before anyone in the actual front office/personnel dept... like GM.
That's a bit concerning. I'm getting the sense this organization will experience a season of chaos without the rudder in BB having been so predictable and stable for 24 years.
I expect she’s going to be doing a lot of what Bill did as GM. She‘ll probably help Mayo with anything that isn’t Xs and Os.

I like the appointment. Shows they are giving Mayo the support staff needed to offload non-football coaching duties so he can be successful at the job he was hired to do: producing wins.

I did, because I initially misread the tweet as saying "Football Operations" but then realized that it said "Football Business". So my point I had made at first wasn't valid. But the point you are making - someone moving from administration over to operations - is a good one too.
I think you are on to something.

Maybe in time but she won't be the new Howie Roseman but she will keep thing running smoothly.

I would think with the background, as an advisor, she'll help answer Mayo's questions on the NFL rules. Number of practices, what would be tampering of other players, and various other things the coach needs to be aware of, so they don't break the rules unknowingly like not to film other teams' signals (too soon?)

EVP is also responsible for understanding what the employees' needs are, explain to them regarding benefits of being part of the company and other HR related items. The "football business" is not just players and coaches.

not fast enough for you?

Half of our posters want a GM named NOW. Perhaps you want him to name to DC, OC and assistant coaches also.

Some would prefer to wait a week or two.

IMO, Kraft may have decided on Wolfe, but prefers to wait until Groh and others make up their minds before naming all the back office and coaches

From what I have heard on the radio, she might be doing contracts and she is supposedly a tough negotiator. I am ok with that.
If you mean she is negotiating player contracts, I am most certainly not ok with that. That is the GM's job.

Now, if she's just responsible for the clerical work behind such contracts, then I am fine. But I have zero faith in this person to cover the job of an NFL General Manager and negotiate with players and their agents.

Good point, several local beat have pointed out it seems that she will be making football decisions as a non-football person.

not fast enough for you?

Half of our posters want a GM named NOW. Perhaps you want him to name to DC, OC and assistant coaches also.

Some would prefer to wait a week or two.

IMO, Kraft may have decided on Wolfe, but prefers to wait until Groh and others make up their minds before naming all the back office and coaches

I think a lot of this hinges on whether Dallas/Philly would be cleaning house as the first domino...then Rooney rule.....then BB gets one of those two gigs...then BB takes some guys with him...then others solidify things with the Pats.

Good point, several local beat have pointed out it seems that she will be making football decisions as a non-football person.

In that context, I think "a football decision" needs to be defined.

Shes not picking players during the draft or telling people who to sign as a FA so let's relax.

If you mean she is negotiating player contracts, I am most certainly not ok with that. That is the GM's job.

Now, if she's just responsible for the clerical work behind such contracts, then I am fine. But I have zero faith in this person to cover the job of an NFL General Manager and negotiate with players and their agents.
She got her MBA and JD simultaneously, almost thirty years ago (1995, Washington University in Saint Louis). The Krafts hired her into the Patriots’ front office 17 years ago to oversee the non-football operations of the team. They later gave her responsibilities across all Kraft Group operations internationally.

She’s adequately qualified. Except the shape of her genitalia is wrong for those who care about such irrelevancies.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/robynglaser?utm_source=share

Last edited:
She got her MBA and JD simultaneously, almost thirty years ago, and has been working for the Krafts in the Patriots’ front office for 17 years.

She’s adequately qualified. Except the shape of her genitalia is wrong for those who care about such irrelevancies.
Qualified for what? Handling the legal aspects of player contracts? Absolutely.

But she is most certainly not qualified to do the duties of an NFL General Manager. I have an advanced degree or two myself, would you be cool with them naming me the GM?

In that context, I think "a football decision" needs to be defined.

Shes not picking players during the draft or telling people who to sign as a FA so let's relax.
None of those questions, GM, FA, draft final say, have been adequately answered yet.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back