PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roberts low hit sack on Mac: penalty or not?

Well we still might go through 2008 but not in the way you are talking about. Anyway, yeah its a penalty. The rule was changed in 2006 after Carson Palmer got nailed in his plant leg. I do not think it was a dirty play, the guy broke through a block and basically dove to get to the QB. He didnt like dive at his knee while being upright, he was losing his balance and went for the QB, but by the letter of the rule, it was a flag.
We might. It's part of the game. There is nothing wrong with trying to lessen the chances of it happening by penalizing that type of play. Fwiw I don't think elandon Roberts is a dirty player, and I don't think it was an intentionally dirty play. But it was a penalty.

Last edited:
HD TV. If Terry Bradshaw got suplexed onto the crown of his head against the Browns with the clarity of the TVs these days, it would be much more horrific.
Joe Turkey Jones.

Think so? God, I remember some unbelievably questionable hits that they often just let go back in those days.
Was the clothesline tackle one of those?
I remember **** Butkus tackling players by holding on and spinning around them to twist them into a pretzel. Ah, the good old days. :)

And they delayed the game by throwing a flag, the bastids.
Says you. I nearly came when I saw that flag fly in. There needs to be more flags. When I watch a violent sport, like football, the first thing I say to myself is “this needs to be less violent.”

Says you. I nearly came when I saw that flag fly in. There needs to be more flags. When I watch a violent sport, like football, the first thing I say to myself is “this needs to be less violent.”
More refs

Was the clothesline tackle one of those?
I remember **** Butkus tackling players by holding on and spinning around them to twist them into a pretzel. Ah, the good old days. :)
Butkus was a barroom brawler out there.

By the letter of the rule, yes. It's the (unfortunately nicknamed since he didn't call for a flag on the play or complain about it [publicly at least]) Brady Rule.

You’re up early. Fishing?
yeah...looking for what was once thought to be extinct...the Tommy666 Goliath Grouper...

maxresdefault.jpg

stick to 3 letter words ,Moron444

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back