PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Gronkowski moves to Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know this exactly? Especially if all the "going to Hollywood" rumors end up being true.

He has not touched any of his football earnings (a fact that has been reported multipole times), he only spent money he made on his endorsements (and not all of that either). So even if he paid cash for his new condo, he still has over $50 million in the bank. Which at 1% interest (surely he is making more than that) that would be $500,000 a year. Let's say he has made modest investments and his portfolio is producing at 7% that would be $3,500,000 a year.

I'd rather keep Florida and cut off California instead.

Noooooooo!!!! California is the place to be!

Besides you might have your wish if the San Andreas fault ever breaks off...

Makes no sense.

Retirees flock to Florida.

I'm guessing FL doesn't tax Social Security and/or 401Ks while other states do.

However to the point you quoted, it is accurate (with the nuances XLIX pointed out about reciprocity)

Last year I worked days in NYC, NJ (Parsippany) and Philly and paid State Income tax in all three, plus North Carolina, where I live.

EDIT TO ADD - Ironically, my dad just retired and said he was reading about states where retirement will stretch the longest. MS had the highest score. I had to remind him he doesn't have to move back to the third world (after spending 13 years in Indonesia and China) to enjoy retirement.

Noooooooo!!!! California is the place to be!

Besides you might have your wish if the San Andreas fault ever breaks off...
Keep the businesses and take out the morons running that state.

Someone will post "There is no proof that he actually moved there" or "this could be an investment property" or some other similar silly obfuscation in 3...2...1...
we are not commenting on players who are not in camp.

I’m sorry but you are the only one here who trying to tell everyone “I told you so” in regard to Gronk. It’s like you are happy he’s retired. If the move for his GF, you can post it in the other thread.

Aren't you the one who told me a while back to ignore a thread if I didn't like it?

20% is not a meaningless figure when attempting to predict a future event. Predicting a future event is not even remotely a binary (even if the outcome itself is binary). You must somehow go through life without ever seeing weather forecasts.

Disagree.

This is not true and not practical. For example If I say there is a 20% chance of the Patriots winning the Super Bowl, then I would have to provide analysis comparing them to the 31 other teams. (If there were only 2 teams the equation would be binary.) If I am wrong, I can revisit the topic next year and the year after that and the year after that and so on. Rob has only one life to live so he either comes back or he does not. 20% of him cannot come back. He also cannot live 5 lives and return once. In fact if he comes back 99% or any number less than 100% (so to speak) he will get shellacked and find himself quickly on the IR...

If you handed me a ballot right now, with either a YES or NO printed on it, I would vote NO he is not coming back. If someone really believes that there is a 20% chance that Rob will return, he would be forced to vote NO (or tear up the ballot).

Your example of weather forecasts is really far removed from this discussion since if someone lives 80 years, he or she will experience over 29,000 independent days. Each day is a new day and is uniquely different so the equation is completely different. Likewise Rob has only one life to live and he has made his decision regarding continuing to play TE in the NFL.

I'm guessing FL doesn't tax Social Security and/or 401Ks while other states do.

However to the point you quoted, it is accurate (with the nuances XLIX pointed out about reciprocity)

Last year I worked days in NYC, NJ (Parsippany) and Philly and paid State Income tax in all three, plus North Carolina, where I live.

EDIT TO ADD - Ironically, my dad just retired and said he was reading about states where retirement will stretch the longest. MS had the highest score. I had to remind him he doesn't have to move back to the third world (after spending 13 years in Indonesia and China) to enjoy retirement.
Florida ranks # 1 in vehicle property tax rating. Some states call it "personal property" or "ad valorem" tax.

Florida property tax rate is middle of the road, but still way lower than crawdad holes NY,NJ,ILL,MA.ILL just moved to 50th highest and their residents are fleeing the state in droves. Oddly, Cal is only ranked 16th highest but that could be the final nail in the coffin when they try to reap in more moolah via higher property tax.

Guess he's now a "Florida man" now.

Sammy,
capnip is free in FL

Income tax is based on where you work, not where you live.
And many entrepreneurs and others who don't draw a paycheck but have large investments opt for the low tax/no tax states like Florida. The following link describes how many are rushing to purchase in south FL as a result of last year's tax reform.....
Tax h(e)aven

Florida ranks # 1 in vehicle property tax rating. Some states call it "personal property" or "ad valorem" tax.

Florida property tax rate is middle of the road, but still way lower than crawdad holes NY,NJ,ILL,MA.ILL just moved to 50th highest and their residents are fleeing the state in droves. Oddly, Cal is only ranked 16th highest but that could be the final nail in the coffin when they try to reap in more moolah via higher property tax.

If I am reading that correctly, even more reason to the point you made.

No Income tax, light (middle of the road) for vehicle/excise/highway use tax and they exempt SocSec and Pensions from tax as well. Not sure what they do for property tax, but without knowing, that would explain the attractiveness to someone on a fixed (retirement) income.

This is how making predictions work.

When you talk about percentages, I think they're projections perhaps, but not predictions. Predictions are binary. They happen or they don't.

If you project the Pats as the most likely SB winners, and claim you can back up the projection statistically, fine. If you predict the Pats will win the SB, that's when you're making claims to prophecy.

Splitting hairs, I know. But I think the difference between projection and prediction is behind no end of mischief in all sorts of popular understandings, definitely not limited to sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back