PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RIP Jerry Remy

Oh wow.

Very thankful we had Jerry in our lives for so long, from his playing days and onward.

His always made the game seem fun, no matter what he was going through.

Peace be with you, Jerry!

Sad.

I used to be a big Sox fan and watched so many games with my parents in my late teens and early 20s. After that, I moved out and they later divorced. Those games were the good times for us.

Remy was what I always remembered about those games, even more than Pedro, Nomar, Manny, etc. We all loved Remy’s laid back takes, inside jokes, and sense of humor. He was one of those guys who you loved to listen to even though you knew his analysis was often mailed in, but that was part of the charm…you knew he liked watching the game, just like you.

RIP. Gil, Remy, and Tommy were all great listens grew up on them. Icons.
I grew up with Ned Martin / Jim Woods on the radio ( you can tell by my avatar I think ), but yep, we've been blessed with really great talent.

I don't know, it just seems today most announcers are cookie-cutter types and don't have the same charm/character as those of old.

Interestingly enough, Wikipedia says:
Woods and Martin worked together from 1974 through 1978. By his own admission, Woods toned down his style considerably from his days in Pittsburgh, believing that Red Sox fans preferred their announcers to be more restrained. Despite their popularity, both were fired by the team's flagship radio station, WITS, in the aftermath of Boston's playoff defeat at the hands of Bucky Dent and the Yankees in 1978 for not cooperating fully with the team's radio sponsors.

In other words, they refused to become total shills.

I guess I'm just a grumpy old man.

God bless you, RemDog... thank you for the memories on the field and behind the mike... May the good Lord rest you and keep you, and give comfort to those who love and mourn you.

Grew up watching Remy and Burleson patrolling 2nd and shortstop. He was a one of the best Red Sox broadcasters in my lifetime.

Such a long battle with cancer. Can’t ever call that guy a quitter. Between the cancer and the black sheep son he just persevered on. Very inspirational human being.

Last edited:
RIP Remdog. He had a tough last several years of his life.

I met him when I was about 12. He was the friend of a business associate of my friend’s dad, or something like that. He signed my cap… wish I still had it.

One of my fondest memories was at a Red Sox game with Rice in LEFT, Dewey in Right and Remy at 2nd..

RIP REMDOG.. You'll be missed,.

Last edited:

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes