PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RIP Gil Santos

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of Kraft's money and fantasies will never be able to change that.
I don't see Henry pretending that '67 never happened, or Grousbeck burying the history of his team to promote himself.

Have you no sense of propriety at all?

My brother & I bought that album too! We also bought/were given Goal: Bruins! and The Impossible Dream. I don't recall if the Russell/Havlicek Celtics had an album.
Russell/Havlicek Celtics had at least one album. At some point in the last 10 years all those Johnny Most albums were all re-released on CD. The 1981 one was the best. Goodly chunks of game calls from games 5-7 of the Eastern Conference Final (which BTW is the most underrated NBA playoff series -- and one of the best ones -- ever.)

Russell/Havlicek Celtics had at least one album. At some point in the last 10 years all those Johnny Most albums were all re-released on CD. The 1981 one was the best. Goodly chunks of game calls from games 5-7 of the Eastern Conference Final (which BTW is the most underrated NBA playoff series -- and one of the best ones -- ever.)
Game 6 @ the Spectrum, where we hadn't won in forever and again got down by 20; late in the 4th quarter:

"...Blocked by McHale!"...pause, dramatic music chord...:)

Game 6 @ the Spectrum, where we hadn't won in forever and again got down by 20; late in the 4th quarter:

"...Blocked by McHale!"...pause, dramatic music chord...:)
Get it right. :) It was "...blocked by McHAAAAAAA<choke>AAAAAAAAALE!!!"

You're right about dramatic music chord, though.

The 1981 one was the best. Goodly chunks of game calls from games 5-7 of the Eastern Conference Final (which BTW is the most underrated NBA playoff series -- and one of the best ones -- ever.)
The guy who saved our asses was M.L. Carr.

He led the defense to make stops down the stretch, especially in Game 5, when we were about to be eliminated.

just saw again my two pictures with him we made in London...we will miss You Gil !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes