PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RIP Don Banks

he was probably my favorite nfl writer.
I liked him too, always checked out his Snap Judgments in SI. One of the few guys who just wanted to talk football without any of the nonsense. RIP.

RIP Don Banks, a great writer gone too soon.
Yet somehow the Kellermans and Parkers just continue on

Damn...thats a shame. RIP good sir.

Don, thank you for the countless wonderful columns and hours of entertainment you provided. May the good Lord rest you and keep you, and bring comfort to your loved ones.

hqdefault.jpg

I’m stunned. 56 ? Wowza.

Died too young...but at least it was in his sleep......
RIP Don

Damn...really liked him as a writer. Tragic.

Horrible news. Really liked his columns. No BS.

I believe he lived locally? I want to say Newton.

Always enjoyed reading him...thoughts go out to his family and friends. Just awful news :(

RIP Don Banks.. Gone way too soon..

Damn... that’s shocking. Great writer.

Why can't other writers fill columns purely with football news without going off on pet hates, BS personality stuff, coffee, ridiculous hyperbole, etc.? Then one of the few guys who does dies at a way-too-early age. Just not right. Enjoyed his work and always looked for his column. RIP.

Why can't other writers fill columns purely with football news without going off on pet hates, BS personality stuff, coffee, ridiculous hyperbole, etc.? Then one of the few guys who does dies at a way-too-early age. Just not right. Enjoyed his work and always looked for his column. RIP.
It’s becoming more and more of a rare breed sadly. I have a lot of respect for a guy like Banks who definitely seemed to do it the right way.

Wow this is sad and way to young. Really enjoyed his articles.

There’s got to be more to the story than this.

Dead in his sleep at 56 with no known health issues (at least that the public was aware of).

Can only think heart issue, stroke, or something drug related. Hate to think suicide but it has to be on the radar as well, albeit further down the list (by all accounts, Banks was happy and excited about his new job).

Wow. Really jarring, and quite sad.

Last edited:

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down