PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RIP Andy Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
May he rest in peace.
UGA football legend Andy Johnson dead at 65

andy-johnson-new-england-patriots-former-rb-image-taken-color-slide-37255146.jpg

Andy rushed for our first TD in The Game That Shall Forever Live In Infamy
2ea7ccdf7ca72b4511254bc71152b535.png

johnson.jpg
The New England Patriots
quarterback-steve-grogan-of-the-new-england-patriots-hands-off-the-picture-id946811096

Part of the RB group along with Grogan to individually rush for over 500 yards in one season - still a record I believe (4 rushers over 500 yds)
RIP
They also ran for 3165 yards in 1978, which is STILL a record for an NFL team, 40 years later. Johnson was a very good, unselfish all purpose back. Possibly the blueprint for Patriot’s all purpose backs prior to Kevin Faulk.

RIP Andy. My thoughts are with your family and friends.

This is sad to see. Andy Johnson was an important part of Patriots history. Best to his family in Athens, GA and our own #AndyJohnson who is a great contributor to this forum.

Part of the RB group along with Grogan to individually rush for over 500 yards in one season - still a record I believe (4 rushers over 500 yds)
RIP
One of my favorite players from that team.
UGA football legend Andy Johnson dead at 65

andy-johnson-new-england-patriots-former-rb-image-taken-color-slide-37255146.jpg

Andy rushed for our first TD in The Game That Shall Forever Live In Infamy
2ea7ccdf7ca72b4511254bc71152b535.png

johnson.jpg
The New England Patriots
quarterback-steve-grogan-of-the-new-england-patriots-hands-off-the-picture-id946811096
One of my favorite Patriots. He would have been a quintessential Bill Belichick player!

RIP...65 is way too young...
Turns out that my first Pats game was Andy's first as well...opening day against Miami...I don't think he played that day...

Note to OP and/or mods: might be a good idea to add "Former Player" or something to the thread title. Board Members have passed over the years (Mo Lewis Rocks, e.g.) and it was a little jarring for a moment.

How sad. I remember mo lewis rocks. He was very active and seemed like a good guy. Did not know he passed.

How sad. I remember mo lewis rocks. He was very active and seemed like a good guy. Did not know he passed.
I thought it had been about 6 or 7 years, but according to his last communication, it’s been a little over 5 years—coming up on 5 1/2.

He was a good poster. Seemed like a real good guy.

It was widely reported out here...no way of knowing for 100% sure.
I liked Mo's posts and appreciated his presence, but had an offline PM discussion with him over his choice of a nickname. Bledsoe nearly died that day.

Did Box_O_Rocks also pass away or am I making that up?

It was widely reported out here...no way of knowing for 100% sure.
I liked Mo's posts and appreciated his presence, but had an offline PM discussion with him over his choice of a nickname. Bledsoe nearly died that day.
I thought his nickname was awesome. We owe Mo at least one ring.

Did Box_O_Rocks also pass away or am I making that up?
That is the supposition. I believe he was inducted into the Patsfans HOF on the 1st ballot. Well, he had/has my vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes