PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reports/Speculation: Texans will pursue Caserio AGAIN after 2020 Draft/UPDATE - Rumor: He wants out

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Florio, for what it is worth.. his contract prohibits him from talking with other teams.. BB once again is playing 3D chess while others are playing checkers..

“We have now been made aware of certain terms in Nick’s contract with the Patriots,” Texans owner Cal McNair said in the statement regarding the decision to not pursue Caserio. “Once we were made aware of these contract terms, I informed Mr. Kraft that we would stop pursuing Nick.”

And from a Houston Sports writer John McClain..

John McClain‏Verified account @McClain_on_NFL
Seems Nick Caserio has a clause in his contract that says he can’t interview with other teams. If so, I hope he got millions for that clause.

Because my perception is that teams are sensitive about their public image. That they wouldn't get themselves in a situation that looks like this without some advance notice of Caserio's interest.
He interviewed at MIA and didn't go. Josh has interviewed everywhere but the Durham Bulls and is still here.

My view is if you aren't the top dog in an org it is totally acceptable in the NFL to explore opportunities for career advancement.

So...do you think Caserio forgot about the condition in his contract or was he trying to orchestrate his departure?

I'm like, willing to go argue before congress that it was a car drive the two took together.
This isn’t the “how low can you go” thread and I can’t fathom that thankfully.

According to Belichick, he and Kraft met at a “secret location” on the RI-CT border (no Ground Rounds but a couple of Dunkins, a Rest Area and a couple of Park n Rides; me I would’ve chosen the Stonington Lighthouse, great view). There was likely some brain picking by Kraft of BB before but that which was likely an owner getting feedback. And I believe that BB was honest when he said his only reason for getting away from the Jete was due to the ownership issues (history has borne that out).

How does this turn into us losing a first round pick? I'm sure there's a way.

Cheatin Brady.

You want drama to entertain you ? Hope for Marquis Flowers to end his career soon..

I knew it! @fnordcircle had a ****ton of money on the eagles so every night of SB week in Minneapolis, he and Malcolm...

You want drama to entertain you ? Hope for Marquis Flowers to end his career soon..

Great. The John Dean of the NEP.

Great. The John Dean of the NEP.
Haha. As long as they are “facts,” maybe the mods will unlock the longest thread in the forum’s history when he retires.

Any contract can be broken.

Caserio is staying because BB is leaving. If the Pats win another BB is calling it a career. It's the same reason why Mcdaniels is sticking around.

These guys want to get out from under BBs shadow the same way BB wanted out of Parcells grip. Caserio and Daniels have a great relationship with BB but still they want to stand on their own feet and take the next challenge. They would be taking over a successful business if they just bide their time.

Why are you surprised?

No one has any idea if Nick wanted to interview.

What we do know is the NEP felt HOU tried to hire one of their employees who is under contract

Even if he did want to interview he signed a contract stating he can't.

Tuff toodles for him . He'll stay here and like it.

Agree. If Caserio knew that he couldn’t even interview then he knew the contact was inappropriate and likely reported it himself, and wasn’t looking to leave as he had signed a deal so good it prohibited it. Which takes us back to Caserio knowing he is taking over the Patriots when Belichick steps down. This will most likely end team’s looking to Caserio for a new GM.

I respect Ben Volin more than you. Volin knows exactly what he's doing. He has even embraced the "Trollin' Volin" moniker. You're promoting him. You're doing exactly what he wants you to do. Congratulations. The only clueless person is you and other people who keep promoting them by talking about them on here or anywhere else.

That’s quite a freezing cold take, Mrs. Volin. Your son does not need any “promoting” on this site. He is well known and almost universally considered to be a joke.

While you’re defense of Benny is commendable, he is not a media savant. He is not even a media idiot savant. He is a doughy d-bag with no credibility.

Because my perception is that teams are sensitive about their public image. That they wouldn't get themselves in a situation that looks like this without some advance notice of Caserio's interest.

Disagree fjnord, Caserio agreed to a deal that clearly doesn’t allow him to leave, so it must be a hell of a deal with a great big reward to follow. And I would never give much credit to a billionaire or their kids when it comes to knowing how to run an NFL franchise, the vast majority obviously don’t. I think Easterby or someone else affiliated with the Texans made a play and Caserio notified the Patriots. It got out and the Patriots filed the tampering charge to warn them off and make it clear to the rest of the league that Caserio isn't going anywhere. Caserio is a bright guy with a business background and I don’t believe he would have agreed to that clause or that contract if he really didn’t want to. He simply could have allowed it to expire and put himself on the open market if he wanted to run his own shop right now.

Just a frustrating situation. If Caserio wanted to leave, this whole tampering just adds a layer of uncertainty. Houston’s “illegal” pursuit of Caserio should never have happened. But since it did, IF he wanted that gig how can he not be a bit bitter ?

I know that he would be aware of the provisions he signed with NE, but human nature... he could easily say “I know I signed, but I’ve given 18 good years and it’s time for me to be #1”...

We’ll see. But this offseason’s coach/personnel defections are eyebrow raising...

When you decide not to renew the contract of your “character coach” and he sneaks around tampering with employees to steal them. Hmmm

Just a frustrating situation. If Caserio wanted to leave, this whole tampering just adds a layer of uncertainty. Houston’s “illegal” pursuit of Caserio should never have happened. But since it did, IF he wanted that gig how can he not be a bit bitter ?

I know that he would be aware of the provisions he signed with NE, but human nature... he could easily say “I know I signed, but I’ve given 18 good years and it’s time for me to be #1”...

We’ll see. But this offseason’s coach/personnel defections are eyebrow raising...

People are assuming Caserio wanted to leave when there is no evidence of that, and the only evidence of anything related to his contract is that he agreed to a clause that doesn’t allow him to leave, which would indicate he’s not interested in going elsewhere.

I’m not sure why anyone would ever give Volin credit for anything other than being incompetent. He hates the Patriots, and that’s why the Globe put him on them.

Haha. As long as they are “facts,” maybe the mods will unlock the longest thread in the forum’s history when he retires.
Fat chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference