PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reports/Speculation: Texans will pursue Caserio AGAIN after 2020 Draft/UPDATE - Rumor: He wants out

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m shocked. Volin’s sources are never wrong.

View attachment 23544

It’s worth a good laugh to listen to at least part of the podcast. One of the guys is a massive patriots hater who keeps commenting on the fact that they are the biggest cheaters eva and so it’s weak that they called the Texans on possible tampering. The other host states that Volin knows more about the Patriots than anyone alive. Trollin Volin, a true Pats insider.

Is this buffoon any more credible than Incarcerated Bob or Sharks of Vegas?

As to the news that Houston will no longer pursue Nick I have the following thoughts

1. After reading McClain's statement I get the feeling that there was nothing nefarious going on here, but rather the Houston brain trust, Easterby included didn't really understand the rules.

2. Though I doubt it will be reported, but I can pretty much guarantee that Casserio got a healthy raise. And based on what the Jet guy got, he should.

3. I'm still not sure whether one of big factors in Houston backing off was that Casserio informed them that he wasn't interested in the job, or at least no longer interested. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have gone THIS far if he hadn't indicated he was interested.

4. Again remember he has been married for 10 years and has 3 small kids and they are by now deeply rooted in the area, the only home they have known. Uprooting them suddenly from scenic NE to overdeveloped Houston would NOT have been an easy prospect.

5. Looks like he will be hear for at least the next 2 seasons, UNLESS he gets an offer Bill thinks he needs to take. Let's remember Bill doesn't mind when his minions go out on their own. It's just that there seems to be a certain procedure about how you go about it. Patricia and Flores followed it, Mangini didn't.

Huh. That's uh...weird.

I guess we just have to hope that Nick is happy to stay here. I'm pretty surprised he's staying after all of this.

If he signed that contract that says he cant interview he must be content to be here til 2020 or he wouldn't have signed it.

this aint over guys, were trading nick for clowney. trust the process.

Huh. That's uh...weird.

I guess we just have to hope that Nick is happy to stay here. I'm pretty surprised he's staying after all of this.

Why are you surprised?

No one has any idea if Nick wanted to interview.

What we do know is the NEP felt HOU tried to hire one of their employees who is under contract

Even if he did want to interview he signed a contract stating he can't.

Tuff toodles for him . He'll stay here and like it.

They must really like Caserio to give him a no interview clause. The news articles make it sound unprecedented.

They must really like Caserio to give him a no interview clause. The news articles make it sound unprecedented.
...and they paid him handsomely for it.

Facinating how little us fans know about NFL Ts &Cs for FO folks.

I can only imagine what language BB has in his deal.

"For every Super Bowl Championship, the NEP will pay BB a $2m bonus ."

I bet something like that is in there

I have not read through the whole thread but did anybody consider that Caserio may have been the one who told the Patriots of conversations he may have had before the job suddenly became available? Most thinks he really wanted to go and the Pats may have strained their relationship with him.

I have not read through the whole thread but did anybody consider that Caserio may have been the one who told the Patriots of conversations he may have had before the job suddenly became available? Most thinks he really wanted to go and the Pats may have strained their relationship with him.
Yep. 1st page. :p

Nick ratted them out

Why are you surprised?

Because my perception is that teams are sensitive about their public image. That they wouldn't get themselves in a situation that looks like this without some advance notice of Caserio's interest.

I’m shocked. Volin’s sources are never wrong.

View attachment 23544

It’s worth a good laugh to listen to at least part of the podcast. One of the guys is a massive patriots hater who keeps commenting on the fact that they are the biggest cheaters eva and so it’s weak that they called the Texans on possible tampering. The other host states that Volin knows more about the Patriots than anyone alive. Trollin Volin, a true Pats insider.

I respect Ben Volin more than you. Volin knows exactly what he's doing. He has even embraced the "Trollin' Volin" moniker. You're promoting him. You're doing exactly what he wants you to do. Congratulations. The only clueless person is you and other people who keep promoting them by talking about them on here or anywhere else.

@Tunescribe If this tweet is correct, right after the draft seems like the right time for personnel/scouting employees for the Pats at least.

How would that have worked? If the NFL punished the Texans by forfeiting draft picks, the picks are forfeited. They aren't transferred to the aggrieved team.

That's not how it worked with the Jets. They got the Pats first rounder:

"They acquired two first-rounders in the Keyshawn Johnson trade and another one from the New England Patriotsas compensation for Bill Belichick."

I respect Ben Volin more than you. Volin knows exactly what he's doing. He has even embraced the "Trollin' Volin" moniker. You're promoting him. You're doing exactly what he wants you to do. Congratulations. The only clueless person is you and other people who keep promoting them by talking about them on here or anywhere else.
Mediots love attention when they give controversial opinions and get people all riled up talking about what idiots so-and-so is.... but no one wants to report factually inaccurate (fake) news and he totally dropped the ball with his report.

I'm pretty sure holding him up to ridicule HERE is not exactly promoting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3