PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reports are the Pats may upgrade the WRs through trade (not necessarily Hopkins)

2024 we are definitely going to see Brandon aiyuk be available for trade . Similarly tee Higgins , Jeudy and few more . Let's not waste cap space this year on another agholor or a wr who is rapidly aging like Julio or Hopkins . Draft highly rated TE and WR and get them playing time on 2023 . Move away from Henry . He is not worth 14 million . Besides Henry will not be there for 2024. Move his snaps to Jonnu and hope he at least perfoems as a mid rung TE.
I don't follow college that much, are there some top receivers and TE's we can target?

And the Broncos are in rebuild mode. The Waltons could be absentee owners. They may not have fired the GM because they just don't care unless they have money. But fans hated the head coach. It was an easy way to take the spotlight off of him and Wilson. But the Broncos did trade away Bradley Chubb already and that isn't a move that says they are looking for a fast turnaround from what they were.
You think someone spent 4billion and doesn’t care. Call me crazy but I think they want to win

Sign Orlando Brown
Move Trent Brown to RT
Re-Sign J Meyers
Draft Q. Johnson from TCU
Sign one of the 10 million running backs out there to pair with Stevenson. Maybe not if Strong takes a leap forward.

Or
Trade for Hopkins
Re-Sign Meyers
Draft a LT
Move Trent to RT

Or
Sign Orlando Brown
Move Trent Brown to RT
Trade for Hopkins
Re-Sign Meyers
Draft Mayer at TE

I don't follow college that much, are there some top receivers and TE's we can target?
TE
Dalton Kincaid - Steady - Smooth - Balanced = fast. Plus rec threat. Not twitchy but quick, smart, knows how to use his body and has soft hands.

Sam LaPorta - plus rec/yac threat. Runs WR routes - you can stick him outside, slot. Long way to go as s blocker.

Darnell Washington - freak size and blocker that reminds you of a combos Mercedes Lewis and Gronk at the end of his career.

Brenton Strange - Plus blocker that can make tough rec.

TE class is top heavy and deep. I love Mayer but not at 14.

WR
Nathaniel "Tank" Dell - big-time playmaker. Deep threat - plus tracking, body control and NFL speed/accelerate. Limited route tree but runs vicious routes.

Rashee Rice - big favorite of mine. Love his movements in a short area. Very agile, smooth with good play strength. Plus acceleration gets up to top speed quick. Plus tracking, body control, vision and runs solid routes. 6'2/205 should run a 4.4 flat. Looks like a top 5 WR in this class imo.

Zay Flowers - is someone every team will want. Nice Jordan Addison replacement and probably better value. Instant slot. Sudden, shifty, quick with plus field vision. Quick in n out of his breaks.

Rakim Jarrett - slot with deep threat capabilities similar to Flowers.
The problem is those guys won't get more targets here. Meyers only got >110 targets once. This is a run first team.
yea we would need to throw more which isn't a bad thing if we really want to put up points. We can shift that ratio some and definitely cut down on other "would be" targets imo like Smith or Agholor if both are there. Id much rather give Higgins those extra 25-35 targets.
We would have to make an effort though.
If you were Higgins or Aiyuk, would you want to play for the Patriots?
I get what youre saying but as long as they get a 5/100 - 4/80 type deal. I think they'll be happy. Plus every WR loves being deemed the #1 WR etc.

I've been manifesting this lol. I'm all in at this point. In all seriousness I hope we make it happen bc this offense and Mac need it.

We can fix the line and get a true #1 at the same time imo.

You think someone spent 4billion and doesn’t care. Call me crazy but I think they want to win

Owning an NFL team is like printing money. Don’t kid yourself that there aren‘t owners out there who would rather win the race of making more money than any other owner than a Super Bowl.

I can’t believe a fan of Boston teams believes that every sports team owner cares about winning after decades of the Bruins doing anything to make money whether or not it meant they wouldn’t win a Stanley Cup.

Last edited:
Owning an NFL team is like printing money. Don’t kid yourself that there aren‘t owners out there who would rather win the race of making more money than any other owner than a Super Bowl.

I can’t believe a fan of Boston team believes that every sports team owner cares about winning after decades of the Bruins doing anything to make money whether or not it meant they wouldn’t win a Stanley Cup.
ownership is important. Look at the red Sox. They aren't serious about winning a championship.

It takes ownership in almost any sport being all about spending money to win.

That being said I think Kraft is about winning. I think it also stings him that the Celtics/bruins are doing well right now and the Patriots looked like a laughingstock last year

Who’s going to blink first to make a trade happen? A team agreeing to pay Cooks $18.5M ($18M fully guaranteed), Cooks taking a pay cut (money than he’s otherwise guaranteed), or the Texans paying some of that $18M before trading him?

I think Cooks wants out of Houston so bad that he would agree to restructuring his deal, and that’s something the Patriots have been pretty good at over the years.And the Patriots should be getter by rid of Agholor, and possible blu Bourne, although the hope the latter doesn’t happen. However he could look at the offensive dysfunction of 3022 and decide that’s not the situational n he wants to go into.

I can’t believe a fan of Boston teams believes that every sports team owner cares about winning after decades of the Bruins doing anything to make money whether or not it meant they wouldn’t win a Stanley Cup.

The Jacobs only care about the money. They have hamstrung the Bruins for years.

ownership is important. Look at the red Sox. They aren't serious about winning a championship.

It takes ownership in almost any sport being all about spending money to win.

That being said I think Kraft is about winning. I think it also stings him that the Celtics/bruins are doing well right now and the Patriots looked like a laughingstock last year

I don’t follow baseball anymore, but I’m n Maine, and most of my friends are Sox fans, and they are furious at them. They want John Henry gone.

Sounds like there is a group inside the Patriots organization that wants to get a stud WR. Looks like if they do, they will trade. According to Andrew Callahan, the names could be available via trade includes:

DeAndre Hopkins
Keenan Allen (he has a $15.5 million base and can save them just under $15 million in cap by trading him and they have to give Herbert a big extension)
Mike Evans
Tee Higgins
Jerry Jeudy
Robbie Anderson
Tyler Boyd
Corey Davis

Out of that group of great WRs juedy or Higgins as far as long term would be best.. those guys are young. my pick is Hopkins, the guy can still play at an elite level, catches everything, runs excellent routes, fights for the ball. Davis, Allen, are always hurt.

Evans dissapears far to much for me.. Boyd is a nice player but more of a #2.. Robbie Anderson, is an older version of tyqan Thornton.. but could help this offense.

anyway it's done we're going to need at least 2 impact WRs.. Hopkins and Anderson could work.

There are no WR's worth trading for that a team would realistically want to trade.

Regarding Tee Higgins, this is a type of move Burrow puts his foot down and says "Higgins is off limits".
The Cardinals are clearing the deck and resetting thier roster... the way the patriots do business I can very well see Hopkins here, all be it on a restructure..

Yes Higgins is a 6"5 burner, and burrow is definitely going to make it known he wants him in cincy.. as they have the best WR corps in the league..

Juedy is on a expiring rook deal, if denver does not want to pay him, then patriots may jump in..

I think Cooks wants out of Houston so bad that he would agree to restructuring his deal, and that’s something the Patriots have been pretty good at over the years.And the Patriots should be getter by rid of Agholor, and possible blu Bourne, although the hope the latter doesn’t happen. However he could look at the offensive dysfunction of 3022 and decide that’s not the situational n he wants to go into.
He mentioned he doesn't want to be part of rebuild. That rules us out .

Upgrade OL line coach
Upgrade WR/passing game co-ordinator
Draft Anthony Richardson - develop him while Mac/Zappe are on Rookie contracts. Then decide..
Draft OL, WR and CB‘s.

boy are we going to miss McCourty
We cat just keep depending on veterans . Next leadership line needs to be developed. I think we got lucky with extended period with Brady, Gronk, Edelman, white, amendola, Hogan, burkhead, develin, slater,McCourty,high tower, Andrews and FA gems in Butler and JC .

Now we need to develop the next in line and rebring focus on coaching and that starts with removing deadwood like Patricia, judge, brown and Achord.

The Jacobs only care about the money. They have hamstrung the Bruins for years.
They won the Stanley Cup and have been to the finals 3 times in the last 12 years and they look damn good this year. I think the problem was Harry Sinden, who's long gone.

He mentioned he doesn't want to be part of rebuild. That rules us out .

The Patriots are definitely building, but I don’t believe it’s a rebuild at this point. So I don’t agree with you.

They won the Stanley Cup and have been to the finals 3 times in the last 12 years and they look damn good this year. I think the problem was Harry Sinden, who's long gone.

They have had a good team for years, but the Jacobs won’t spend to put them over the top. That said Montgomery has them playing great hockey.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back