PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

12th Annual D.W. Toys Trade-a-Rama Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DW Toys

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I always throw in some trades. Some like them, some don't. It's for fun and not to anger anyone. I have explained some in the text here.
DW Toys
  1. Cincinnati: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU=makes sense
  2. Washington: Chase Young, DE/3-4OLB, Ohio State=Maybe best player in Draft
  3. Los Angeles Chargers – via Detroit:= Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama. The Lions pick up shut down CB Casey Hayward to replace Slay and the 6th pick of the 2020 Draft. Pricey move for 3 spots for the Bolts but if he is a franchise QB, so be it. Rivers leaving did not win Fans over. Tyrod Taylor is still in place which helps Tua. Tua is the new face they need for the new stadium and pick up Fan Base. Big investment.
  4. New York Giants: Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia=Help for Jones. OT was awful in 2019. Safe pick
  5. Miami : Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon=I see #13 if I squint. Phin rebuild to be continued.
  6. Detroit– from- Los Angeles Chargers; Derrick Brown, DT/3-4DE/NT, Auburn=Stud pick.
  7. Carolina: Isaiah Simmons, OLB, Clemson.=Can he replace loss of Kuechly as a LB playmaker? Maybe a Davis with speed?
  8. Arizona: Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio State=Pat P is starting to show some miles on the odometer. Best CB in the Draft.
  9. Jacksonville : Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina=Calais Campbell has left the building
  10. Cleveland; Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa=Help is on the way for Mayfield
  11. New York Jets: Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama= See pick #10 and put in Darnold’s name.
  12. Las Vegas: Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama= A need for both QBs? Best WR in this class? Best Player available for sure here.
  13. San Francisco- from-Indianapolis: CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma=Game breaker to go with DeeBo. Buckner was a good player but those dollars. Hurd was hurt. Pettis has been a flop. Goodwin is trade bait. ….. But Lamb opens up Kittle more.
  14. Tampa Bay: D'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia=Jones is just not the “bell cow” type. Helps TB12
  15. Denver ; C.J. Henderson, CB, Florida=Chris Harris is gone.
  16. Atlanta: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville=Revamping the trenches sending McGary to Guard. Becton is a mammoth man who can move.
  17. Dallas : Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama=Heath was ok but this kid is a playmaker. Teams with Ha-Ha from Bama.
  18. Miami - via Pittsburgh: A.J. Epenesa, DE/3-4DE, Iowa=Rush is needed. Rebuilding trenches.
  19. Las Vegas - via Chicago: Kenneth Murray, OLB/ILB, Oklahoma=LB is a a need. Tough kid like Mayock and Gruden like.
  20. Jacksonville - from Los Angeles Rams: Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama=SPEED!.
  21. Philadelphia: Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU=Terrible Eagles CB play in 2019
  22. Minneapolis; Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson=Help for Diggs loss
  23. L.A. Rams from New England: Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU=Patriots get 2nd rounders #52,#57 and TE Tyler Higbee ( 3rd round value) and Rams get 3rd Round #98. The Rams have stated they want to get their other TE Everett more involved. CAP move as well? The numbers work out where Higbee has a third-round value.
  24. New Orleans: Grant Delpit, S, LSU=Play making DB need from just down the street.
  25. Minnesota: K'Lavon Chaisson, DE/OLB, LSU.=Griffen is gone. Sacks needed
  26. Miami – via- Houston: Josh Jones, OT, Houston=Building the OL Very athletic Kid.
  27. Jacksonville from Seattle: Yetur Gross-Matos, DE/3-4OLB, Penn State.=Jacksonville also obtains Seattle 2019 #1 Pick L.J. Collier. (The Seahawks get Franchised DE Yannick Ngakoue. They were not able to resign the older and more injury-prone Clowney).
  28. Baltimore;: Ross Blacklock, DT/3-4DE, TCU= Ravens need front seven help. The high profile Brockers deal croaked.
  29. Tennessee; Laviska Shenault Jr., WR, Colorado=A playmaking WR for a thin group in Nashville.
  30. Green Bay: Patrick Queen, LB, LSU, =LB help is needed. The Packers were pushed down the field in the play-offs.
  31. San Francisco: Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama (6-1, 205 pounds) Sherman is not getting younger. This kid almost mimics Sherman’s size …………. and the other SF CBs rot.
  32. Kansas City: Zach Baun, EDGE/OLB, Wisconsin= The K.C. LBs were slow and replaceable. "Braun ran a respectable 4.65 . His drops are quick and he has good pursuit angles". Plus he can rush very well thank you. He and Clark should be a good rush tandem to go with Jones from inside.

Last edited:
How did you come to the conclusion Higbee is worth a 3?

Thanks for the workup ,cuz!

buffalo doesnt have a first round pick this year, it was part of the diggs trade. i like a trade back but we dont need to take on players

buffalo doesnt have a first round pick this year, it was part of the diggs trade. i like a trade back but we dont need to take on players
Good catch. Fixed it
Thanks,
DW Toys
The irony is in my first draft I had Cooks going in a trade in Round two but with the JETS

I always throw in some trades. Some like them, some don't. It's for fun and not to anger anyone. I have explained some in the text here.
DW Toys
  1. Cincinnati: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU=makes sense
  2. Washington: Chase Young, DE/3-4OLB, Ohio State=Maybe best player in Draft
  3. Los Angeles Chargers – via Detroit:= Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama. The Lions pick up shut down CB Casey Hayward to replace Slay and the 6th pick of the 2020 Draft. Pricey move for 3 spots for the Bolts but if he is a franchise QB, so be it. Rivers leaving did not win Fans over. Tyrod Taylor is still in place which helps Tua. Tua is the new face they need for the new stadium and pick up Fan Base. Big investment.
  4. New York Giants: Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia=Help for Jones. OT was awful in 2019. Safe pick
  5. Miami : Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon=I see #13 if I squint. Phin rebuild to be continued.
  6. Detroit– from- Los Angeles Chargers; Derrick Brown, DT/3-4DE/NT, Auburn=Stud pick.
  7. Carolina: Isaiah Simmons, OLB, Clemson.=Can he replace loss of Kuechly as a LB playmaker? Maybe a Davis with speed?
  8. Arizona: Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio State=Pat P is starting to show some miles on the odometer. Best CB in the Draft.
  9. Jacksonville : Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina=Calais Campbell has left the building
  10. Cleveland; Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa=Help is on the way for Mayfield
  11. New York Jets: Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama= See pick #10 and put in Darnold’s name.
  12. Las Vegas: Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama= A need for both QBs? Best WR in this class? Best Player available for sure here.
  13. San Francisco- from-Indianapolis: CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma=Game breaker to go with DeeBo. Buckner was a good player but those dollars. Hurd was hurt. Pettis has been a flop. Goodwin is trade bait. ….. But Lamb opens up Kittle more.
  14. Tampa Bay: D'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia=Jones is just not the “bell cow” type. Helps TB12
  15. Denver ; C.J. Henderson, CB, Florida=Chris Harris is gone.
  16. Atlanta: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville=Revamping the trenches sending McGary to Guard. Becton is a mammoth man who can move.
  17. Dallas : Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama=Heath was ok but this kid is a playmaker. Teams with Ha-Ha from Bama.
  18. Miami - via Pittsburgh: A.J. Epenesa, DE/3-4DE, Iowa=Rush is needed. Rebuilding trenches.
  19. Las Vegas - via Chicago: Kenneth Murray, OLB/ILB, Oklahoma=LB is a a need. Tough kid like Mayock and Gruden like.
  20. Jacksonville - from Los Angeles Rams: Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama=SPEED!.
  21. Philadelphia: Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU=Terrible Eagles CB play in 2019
  22. Minneapolis; Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson=Help for Diggs loss
  23. L.A. Rams from New England: Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU=Patriots get 2nd rounders #52,#57 and TE Tyler Higbee ( 3rd round value) and Rams get 3rd Round #98. The Rams have stated they want to get their other TE Everett more involved. CAP move as well? The numbers work out where Higbee has a third-round value.
  24. New Orleans: Grant Delpit, S, LSU=Play making DB need from just down the street.
  25. Minnesota: K'Lavon Chaisson, DE/OLB, LSU.=Griffen is gone. Sacks needed
  26. Miami – via- Houston: Josh Jones, OT, Houston=Building the OL Very athletic Kid.
  27. Jacksonville from Seattle: Yetur Gross-Matos, DE/3-4OLB, Penn State.=Jacksonville also obtains Seattle 2019 #1 Pick L.J. Collier. (The Seahawks get Franchised DE Yannick Ngakoue. They were not able to resign the older and more injury-prone Clowney).
  28. Baltimore;: Ross Blacklock, DT/3-4DE, TCU= Ravens need front seven help. The high profile Brockers deal croaked.
  29. Tennessee; Laviska Shenault Jr., WR, Colorado=A playmaking WR for a thin group in Nashville.
  30. Green Bay: Patrick Queen, LB, LSU, =LB help is needed. The Packers were pushed down the field in the play-offs.
  31. San Francisco: Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama (6-1, 205 pounds) Sherman is not getting younger. This kid almost mimics Sherman’s size …………. and the other SF CBs rot.
  32. Kansas City: Zach Baun, EDGE/OLB, Wisconsin= The K.C. LBs were slow and replaceable. "Braun ran a respectable 4.65 . His drops are quick and he has good pursuit angles". Plus he can rush very well thank you. He and Clark should be a good rush tandem to go with Jones from inside.

OUR TRADE
It seems that our 23rd is worth only a bit more than their 52 and 57. That would need to include their 126 or the equivalent. Perhaps Higgins in the equivalent.

While I'm fine with the tradedown , that would then give us 8 picks in the first four rounds. I would then expect moves up and into 2021.

A lot of us would pick Love at 23 if he were available. We are lucky that he got by LV and JAX. LV and JAX got good players, but that created an opening.

2020 NFL Trade Value Chart

For those thinking of trading up, according to the trade value charts, our 2020 and 2021 1sts together would get us to the 12-15 range.

And just for illustration, all of 2020 picks together would be worth about the same: ~12th pick.

For those thinking of trading up, according to the trade value charts, our 2020 and 2021 1sts together would get us to the 12-15 range.

And just for illustration, all of 2020 picks together would be worth about the same: ~12th pick.

LV picks at 19, JAX at 20.

It would take only our top 3rd to move ahead to 18; a second third to move to 16 or 17.

Last edited:
I REALLY enjoy your draft work, @dwtoys. But after you take a well deserved rest, I would appreciate it if you would list all the players you drafted for the Pats and give us (the much less informed) a brief synopsis of each and why you thought they'd fit. Thanks

I wouldn't...He's an undisciplined, scramble-happy turnover machine.
Might agree. I think Stidham might be better going into 2020 as Love needs a lot of love.
DW Toys

I REALLY enjoy your draft work, @dwtoys. But after you take a well deserved rest, I would appreciate it if you would list all the players you drafted for the Pats and give us (the much less informed) a brief synopsis of each and why you thought they'd fit. Thanks
Can do.
DW Toys

Might agree. I think Stidham might be better going into 2020 as Love needs a lot of love.
DW Toys
For me, that doesn't tell us not to draft Love. Having two QB's competing in 2021 is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes