PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reports are the Pats may upgrade the WRs through trade (not necessarily Hopkins)

@BaconGundy what do you think of Dontay Demus? Gotta say I'm impressed love his overall game looks like a man among boys.
I need the candy along with the bacon and grundle to see the @ PF2 :)

I'd take a shot later on in the draft if I was in need of an X or udfa. Tough kid that likes physicality. Have to check on where he's at injury-wise but he's interesting the later you get. Very physical whether he's blocking or going up for a 50/50. R/r needs work big ti.e bc hes not the fastest guy. He needs help at the top of his route. Not the most efficient but he can get in out of his breaks. Again I'd maybe take a flyer later if I really had a need.

I need the candy along with the bacon and grundle to see the @ PF2 :)

I'd take a shot later on in the draft if I was in need of an X or udfa. Tough kid that likes physicality. Have to check on where he's at injury-wise but he's interesting the later you get. Very physical whether he's blocking or going up for a 50/50. R/r needs work big ti.e bc hes not the fastest guy. He needs help at the top of his route. Not the most efficient but he can get in out of his breaks. Again I'd maybe take a flyer later if I really had a need.
Thanks Brother...another interesting prospect
Xavier Hutchinson6-2, 2104.60Iowa State
Played with Mr. irrelevant Brock Purdy what's your thoughts?

I wouldn't call Thornton a miss just yet, let's see how he does under next year's offense.
FTW is a moron. It is idiotic to label any receiver a bust/miss after their first year, but even more so a receiver who missed significant training camp and regular season time due to injury, and who was also at the mercy of an OC who we now know was out of his depth.

There are numerous examples of star WRs who underwhelmed as rookies. For instance, take a look at Davante Adams’ stats from his first two years in the league. The major stats don’t even tell the whole story. He was very prone to inopportune drops early on. “Bust”.

After careful consideration, I’ve determined that the Pats need to take an OT or CB at 14 but ALSO find a way to draft Flowers as our new, faster version of Jules (elite slot with the ability to play outside as well). I have a feeling, as many do, that he is going to be a star at the next level.

Let’s put our heads together with the help of our trusty draft value charts and figure out a draft pick combination that can make that happen, starting with 46. I could unfortunately see him going as high as 22 (Baltimore). Best case scenario may be 2-3 guys whom they would be happy to take at 14 still being on the board when they are on the clock, allowing them to trade back into the 16-18 range while picking up additional draft pick capital.

Begin!

After careful consideration, I’ve determined that the Pats need to take an OT or CB at 14 but ALSO find a way to draft Flowers as our new, faster version of Jules (elite slot with the ability to play outside as well). I have a feeling, as many do, that he is going to be a star at the next level.

Let’s put our heads together with the help of our trusty draft value charts and figure out a draft pick combination that can make that happen, starting with 46. I could unfortunately see him going as high as 22 (Baltimore). Best case scenario may be 2-3 guys whom they would be happy to take at 14 still being on the board when they are on the clock, allowing them to trade back into the 16-18 range while picking up additional draft pick capital.

Begin!
A lot of good WR's in this upcoming Draft Zay Flowers included I would say that Josh Downs for NC is very similar to Flowers also that Nathaniel "Tank" Dell kid from Houston.:cool:

Begin!
agree on your 14 pick. Concerned about Flowers drop reputation.

Begin!
I'm a big Flowers fan and want him also. I don't see him playing outside a lot but our slot & z are do a lot of the same work. At 5'9/180 he'll get occasion reps I suppose but we'll see. Doesn't run a lot of option routes but is a very good rr. I think BOB will want a real slot too. Like a twitchy guy with some suddenness. Meyers is a hell of a player but isn't explosive

Trade back and take Wright in the 20's or even 2nd RD depending on how we feel. He's got experience at LT. One of my favorites in the class bc of his experience, strength and hands but he's got confidence. Not as high a ceiling as Johnson but doesn't need as much much technique work right away.

We'd have another 3rd if not 2nd depending how far we go.

We could snag one of Flowers, Addison, Downs, Rice and a Ringo, Garrett Williams, maybe even Clark Phillips or Cam Smith if they're there.

It's a short lost at 14 & I'm probably out on Broderick Jones there. Realistically i see like 5-6 names while hoping someone like Carter falls.

Thanks Brother...another interesting prospect
Xavier Hutchinson6-2, 2104.60Iowa State
Played with Mr. irrelevant Brock Purdy what's your thoughts?
Plus hands, very good mitts. Very nice release package but he's another WR that knows how to manipulate CB with his initial stem. Very nice array of moves off the line. Not the fastest guy but gets open just enough and again very good hands. Good grip strength and catches awat from DB hands. Really knows how to stack DB to utilize his size. Good coordination and body control when up in the air/adjusting.

They had quite a lot of talent of those teams. Charlie Koher and Breece Hall too.

I would cry if they give Meyers 15Mill this a good year to get solid young WR from the Draft. Lets go the route again even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. Just don't let BB make the pick or do the evaluations BB and WR are like oil and water.
On the report that pats are sniffing around for a top tier WR, then why not go after Higgins? I know it's unlikely they will.. Samuel's a dynamic player, but the injuries concern me.. who do you believe is a realistic option?

Oh, he's going to love to be traded someplace he doesn't want to be with BoB as his OC.
On one hand, if we got him.. he could be a huge piece that helps us return to being a contender.. that news is actually good for us as the clause was voided... let's not forget her he and BB have mutual infatuation with each other...

Yes but they all sucked.
I don'tk know that just sucked or just couldn't adapt to the patriots offense..., they had good college careers, Brady just couldn't make them better like he usually does..

On the report that pats are sniffing around for a top tier WR, then why not go after Higgins? I know it's unlikely they will.. Samuel's a dynamic player, but the injuries concern me.. who do you believe is a realistic option?
I am sure the Nelson Agholor experiment left a bitter taste in GM/BB's mouth I wonder if that would make them shy away from this years FA WR class?? This is a weak FA WR class from all accounts if J Meyers is considered the Top well you have problems. I would try to get one of these three Chark - Hardman or Campbell they are all Fast!

I am sure the Nelson Agholor experiment left a bitter taste in GM/BB's mouth I wonder if that would make them shy away from this years FA WR class?? This is a weak FA WR class from all accounts if J Meyers is considered the Top well you have problems. I would try to get one of these three Chark - Hardman or Campbell they are all Fast!
Ya... the agholor experiment was one that we know they are going to use internally to justify... of those WRs probably Campbell I'd target.. the need for speed is apparent.. m. Jones, Thornton, and a speedy WR to be named later... now we can back defenders off..

Ya... the agholor experiment was one that we know they are going to use internally to justify... of those WRs probably Campbell I'd target.. the need for speed is apparent.. m. Jones, Thornton, and a speedy WR to be named later... now we can back defenders off..
I still Want CB Marcus Jones in the Slot on Defense. I know he's fast but I would Draft Tank Dell who's a bonifide WR prospect.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back